Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Just got back from BC today. The 10pm closing was a bummer. also the fact that they would only give you opened bottles of beer, which meant so saving one or two for when we got back after 10. The evening apps we were there for were delicious though. Afternoon snacks were the same everyday except for 1. Gummies, goldfish, homemade potatoes chips. Trail mix and fruit.
Oh Jods. That's so frustrating. We travel with other families and have well behaved tweens/teens that can be in the lounge past 10am in a place we feel safe. Or as parents in away in a different part or the lounge. I'm kicking myself for not remembering the 10pm close.

Annoying on the only open bottle of beer too.

Hope you had a good trip otherwise!

Interesting about the desk being moved out of the lounge area. Were did it go our do they just have the one desk now. I can see how it would make more room but not sure if this is a good change or not. I really enjoyed talking to Anita or whatever other CM was there in the morning if I had a question. Very quick and easy to check on my room charges or change a reservation before we started the day. The main desk just outside the Innkeepers doors always seems so busy checking in guests and it can get really congested there. Thanks for the update.

Moving the desk does make for so much more room - less congestion near the coffee and more seating. They moved the desk (which is now a podium desk) to right outside the lounge. So if you are walking out of the lounge it is to the left in the corner. It is a podium desk (standing only) with a printer next to it. I needed help when one of our BOG reservations disappeared off of MDE and I went right to JJ who was at the desk and he found it for me and printed it off for me. There was usually always someone there but the BWI CL definitely has many CMs always in the lounge too.

Just a note...I've not been to BWI CL since this famous Redgie arrived, but I encourage any of you who had good experiences with him to write to guest services.

I had a couple of outstanding CM interactions on my last trip and I wrote to guest services. I received a personal response and assurance that my "reviews" would be passed along to their supervisors.

If a CM is this fantastic, they should totally be recognized for their good work. You never know when a folder full of compliments can come in handy!

I guess I just think that people are more likely to make noise when things go wrong than when things go right. Of course, people should absolutely seek to fix bad situations, but there are so many un- or under-appreciated people in this world and being told you've done a good job is such a morale booster!

I absolutely plan to write to the BWI for the wonderful CMs that we had interactions with. I know Disney has these 4 Keys Cards that you can write for anyone that goes above and beyond but only seemed to find them in the parks. We wrote one out for a CM that went above and beyond for us in MK. We went to the Poly and they have pre-printed sheets of paper to write something for an outstanding CM - we wrote 2 of them before we checked out and handed them in. I forgot to do it at the BWI but will write to management.

Which lounges are always open (and don't do the annoying "cleaning" shut down 3x a day)?

The Poly CL lounge is always open - no coffee or drinks but you can sit there all night. We stayed there many nights until after 11pm. The WL seating area before construction was always open. The WL lounge would close but you can always sit there. The BWI CL lounge did not close at all during the day, which they used to, but now just closes at 10pm. There is a couch area outside of the BWI CL lounge that about 5 people could sit. The times we stayed at the CR the closures varied. A couple times they put up the rope to close it but sometimes they didn't.

Well we have to stay CL at least the greater part of our split stays now! My kids are comparing every hotel we stay at now anywhere to "where's the CL?". Lol
All kidding aside, it's true, for 2 teenage boys, and adults who have been to the World enough to just go around wherever with no big agenda, it's great. AKL CL spoiled us! Trying WL CL next!

... We only had appetizers 2 times at the Poly and Gene was nasty the first night. We definitely did not eat too much and do not drink alcohol - except for the sangria. So why he was nasty to my husband I do not know. Maybe that night we were a little hungry but still that wasn't nice. We spoke with a CM and was told the female chef would never do that - we never had her. We had Gene and Chris all 5 nights. We love the Poly lounge so much nicer than the BWI but wish the food and the CMs at the Poly were like the BWI. We didn't let it bother us - we love the vide of the Poly - the beach - the fireworks. The music on the beach was at a good volume. We loved watching Happily Ever After from the Poly beach or lounge.
Honestly, the CMs should not be concerning themselves, and definitely should not be making it known to guests that they are concerning themselves, with how much of the food we eat. If you are going to make food available in that environment, some people are going to eat a lot. Some people are going to load up a container with mini-muffins at breakfast to eat later. Some people are going to make those lettuce wraps into a salad and eat it for lunch. Some people are going to eat 10 appetizer plates. And at the prices we are paying, guests should not penalized for that--if I show up at 6:30, there needs to be food available for me regardless of how mad the chef is that some other people ate more than he thought they should. And he should not take take his anger out on me, the guest. There is no way to say this without sounding self-absorbed and selfish, but he should not be anything but friendly and gracious towards guests. That's the nature of the industry he is in. And he KNOWS people are going to eat a lot, so he should be ready for it.

Maybe I have the wrong attitude about this. Here is an example: My 8YO loved the dumplings (potstickers) that were out one evening. He kept going back for more. I only let him take one or two at a time and we did watch to make sure it wasn't like he was taking them all and others would not get some. As it turned out, that did end up being his supper because he wasn't hungry after that. Was I supposed to only let him have one?

Honestly, the CMs should not be concerning themselves, and definitely should not be making it known to guests that they are concerning themselves, with how much of the food we eat. If you are going to make food available in that environment, some people are going to eat a lot. Some people are going to load up a container with mini-muffins at breakfast to eat later. Some people are going to make those lettuce wraps into a salad and eat it for lunch. Some people are going to eat 10 appetizer plates. And at the prices we are paying, guests should not penalized for that--if I show up at 6:30, there needs to be food available for me regardless of how mad the chef is that some other people ate more than he thought they should. And he should not take take his anger out on me, the guest. There is no way to say this without sounding self-absorbed and selfish, but he should not be anything but friendly and gracious towards guests. That's the nature of the industry he is in. And he KNOWS people are going to eat a lot, so he should be ready for it.

Maybe I have the wrong attitude about this. Here is an example: My 8YO loved the dumplings (potstickers) that were out one evening. He kept going back for more. I only let him take one or two at a time and we did watch to make sure it wasn't like he was taking them all and others would not get some. As it turned out, that did end up being his supper because he wasn't hungry after that. Was I supposed to only let him have one?

I agree with you 100%. The chef should have should never had said anything to my DH - especially that my DH was trying to be nice and thank him for his service. We were there 5 days and only ate appetizers twice. Also it is frustrating that they ran out of food 45 minutes before breakfast ended. I did the same thing with my son. I told him to take 1 or 2 dumplings at a time - he did go back a few times but truly how much could 8 dumplings cost? We didn't let it ruin our trip. We still love the Poly lounge itself. I wrote the email and lets see what happens.

Completely agree with you!!!!!!

Oh Jods. That's so frustrating. We travel with other families and have well behaved tweens/teens that can be in the lounge past 10am in a place we feel safe. Or as parents in away in a different part or the lounge. I'm kicking myself for not remembering the 10pm close.

Annoying on the only open bottle of beer too.

Hope you had a good trip otherwise!

We did have a nice trip overall. A bit disappointed with the lounge and service but we had a great time anyway. It was nice walking from Epcot, though we won't be returning to BC. If we ever stayed in epcot area again we would choose BWI. More then likely we will return to poly or WL.

I have to say we were so disappointed with the Poly chef – Gene. Our 2nd night there we had appetizers at about 5pm. While they were cleaning up my husband went over to Gene (the chef) and thanked him for the food and used those exact words. Gene looked up and said – “It was supposed to be an appetizer – not a meal”. My husband was shocked and didn’t know how to answer that. Then on our last day at 9:40am we went to get some breakfast and they had no more protein out yet breakfast was ending at 10:30am – we were told at check in that there would be a protein out every day for breakfast. We asked Ivette, one of the CL CMs to get more chicken and she came back and said the chef (Gene) said there is no more protein.

I can't believe he said that to him. I would definitely write a letter. Completely unacceptable!

Running out of food is also unacceptable for the prices we are paying. If they want to limit food, they need to issue food vouchers to each person. Ridiculous!

I can't believe he said that to him. I would definitely write a letter. Completely unacceptable!

Running out of food is also unacceptable for the prices we are paying. If they want to limit food, they need to issue food vouchers to each person. Ridiculous!

Agree! And let you know before you book for $$$$ a night that you can have only x amount of food per service time. So we can make an educated decision to take it or leave it. Not like advertising turn down service & then changing to "we no longer offer that" with no notice. I'm looking at you Y&B management. :mad:

But truly, let a CM ever make a crack like that to me. I would be calling for a manager to come explain to me right then, in front of said CM, exactly how the the portions are decided & exactly how much of everything I am entitled to. Just so I'll know going forward & if I am able to have more appetizers since they are saving money because DH & I don't drink any alcohol.

I hope you'll update us if you get any response from guest services. That comment was just so out of line. I can't believe any employee would think it's appropriate to make a comment like that to someone who probably paid the equivalent of his weekly salary with one night's stay. I said it before, these employees should be thanking us for paying these out of control costs & helping to keep them employed. I am not saying that out of snobbery. I work hard for my money & we are constantly reminded that our patients are customers who can spend their money & get their health care services elsewhere. We are dependent on our patients to keep our jobs. Same applies to Disney CMs.

I absolutely plan to write to the BWI for the wonderful CMs that we had interactions with. I know Disney has these 4 Keys Cards that you can write for anyone that goes above and beyond but only seemed to find them in the parks. We wrote one out for a CM that went above and beyond for us in MK. We went to the Poly and they have pre-printed sheets of paper to write something for an outstanding CM - we wrote 2 of them before we checked out and handed them in. I forgot to do it at the BWI but will write to management.

I asked for one of these as we were leaving last week because Chef Redgie had been so wonderful to us and our children. And the CM at the CL check in desk didn't have any idea what I was asking for...I'm glad I know the name of them now, thank you. I filled one out for an employee in the MK last year because he completely saved the day when he didn't have to at all; I said there must be something that I can do for you, to let your boss know how amazing you just were to us and he said hold on. 2 seconds later another CM handed it to me to fill out, so they must not be able to handle them themselves???? Anyways, good to know what they are called.

Which lounges are always open (and don't do the annoying "cleaning" shut down 3x a day)?

AKL is always open, although they take everything away at 10pm. But you can sit there all night if you want to. Also I believe SL at GF stays open and I have no idea about RPC. As said above I know WL stays open but the food and beverages close at 10pm and maybe between meals still. They did pre-remodel but I'm not sure now.

Moving the desk does make for so much more room - less congestion near the coffee and more seating. They moved the desk (which is now a podium desk) to right outside the lounge. So if you are walking out of the lounge it is to the left in the corner. It is a podium desk (standing only) with a printer next to it. I needed help when one of our BOG reservations disappeared off of MDE and I went right to JJ who was at the desk and he found it for me and printed it off for me. There was usually always someone there but the BWI CL definitely has many CMs always in the lounge too.

Just an FYI, 4 Keys Cards are really for CMs to compliment other CMs. The thing you should ask for is an "Applauseogram"! :thumbsup2

Another way you can send a compliment is via Twitter. It will go to the CMs leaders: @WDWToday #CastCompliment

Just an FYI, 4 Keys Cards are really for CMs to compliment other CMs. The thing you should ask for is an "Applauseogram"! :thumbsup2

Another way you can send a compliment is via Twitter. It will go to the CMs leaders: @WDWToday #CastCompliment

I thought that was the case also but when our DD was a CM she got 4 Key Cards all the times from guests. So we started doing it. They give them to guests if you ask to make a compliment. When we were at the Poly they had their own forms so we used those. If not I email the hotel. Thanks for the twitter idea - I will do that.

Hi,

I had a quick question. We are doing 5 nights Yacht Club club level and then moving on to Grand Floridian regular room for two more nights.
I read that the concierge service can help you make dinner reservations. Is that only up to the night you check out of club level?
I am only interested in getting a reservation for our final night which would be spent at GF. Would they be able to help me or no?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I had a quick question. We are doing 5 nights Yacht Club club level and then moving on to Grand Floridian regular room for two more nights.
I read that the concierge service can help you make dinner reservations. Is that only up to the night you check out of club level?
I am only interested in getting a reservation for our final night which would be spent at GF. Would they be able to help me or no?

Thanks in advance
DSS helped me with a reservation on the non-CL part of my split stay. YMMV. Best of luck, and have a great trip!

I thought that was the case also but when our DD was a CM she got 4 Key Cards all the times from guests. So we started doing it. They give them to guests if you ask to make a compliment. When we were at the Poly they had their own forms so we used those. If not I email the hotel. Thanks for the twitter idea - I will do that.

I'm sure it really doesn't matter which card gets turned in! The main thing is that those wonderful, hard-working CMs are recognized! ;)

The Twitter shout-outs are quick and easy! You'll often get a reply and, sometimes, even a photo of the CM being recognized! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter