Disneyland to introduce MaxPass (New Fastpass & New Fastpass Attractions) - Now with Poll

Is MaxPass a good idea?

• Good Idea

Votes: 43 24.2%
  • Bad Idea

Votes: 112 62.9%
  • Other (tell us what your other opinion is)

Votes: 23 12.9%

• Total voters

rteetz

DIS Veteran
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...w-disney-maxpass-coming-to-disneyland-resort/

Additional Disney FASTPASS Locations and New Disney MaxPass Coming to Disneyland Resort
6bec039aaf4e2d98366f670c73910a4f

by Erin Glover, Editorial Content Director, Disneyland Resort

Many guests already know that Disney FASTPASS is one of the best ways to make the most of their time at Disney Parks. This landmark innovation was first introduced at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World in 1999 as a way to provide guests with faster access to the fun. Over the years, Disney FASTPASS has evolved and expanded and is used at our theme parks differently, based on the unique ways our guests enjoy our sites around the world.

Today, I’m excited to announce further expansion of Disney FASTPASS coming to two of our most popular attractions — Toy Story Mania in Disney California Adventure park and Matterhorn Bobsleds in Disneyland park! When Disney FASTPASS first launched at Disneyland Resort it was available at four locations, and over the years the number has expanded to a total of 16 attractions with these two new additions.

Later this year, we will launch Disney MaxPass, which will allow guests to maximize their experience by providing unlimited downloads of their high-resolution PhotoPass images and by enabling the convenience of mobile booking and redemption of Disney FASTPASS return times – all by using the Disneyland App. Disney MaxPass will be available for an introductory price of $10 a day. Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders also will have the opportunity to purchase Disney MaxPass on a daily or yearly basis.

Guests will continue to have the option of Disney FASTPASS service at no cost by obtaining FASTPASSES at attraction FASTPASS kiosks, just as they do today.

The addition of these two new Disney FASTPASS locations and the introduction of Disney MaxPass is part of our ongoing commitment to providing guests with opportunities to customize their experiences and make it even easier than ever to create unforgettable memories.

We’ll have more information to share on these updates soon — including details and launch dates — so keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog.

Last edited by a moderator:
While it includes the digital downloads, only one person in your party really needs that. $10/day for a family of 5 for a multi-day trip starts to hurt. Because this is "new" I'm sure the same upcharge logic applied to the powers that be. How they would do this at WDW would be more interesting as it would more be seen as taking something away that once was free.

I probably wouldn't pay more than the AP cost for it on an annual basis. I often don't even decide I'm going to the parks until 2pm or later. The other day I met up with friends for happy hour, we didn't enter the park until 6pm. I'm not sure what FP would have been available by 4pm or later anyway.

Yay for app fast pass options. BOO for more $ :mad: Should not be extra cost as I cannot fathom that it costs a huge amount to developed this, if anything the lack of printing---long term paper should save Disney a huge amount. Highly doubt there will be paper passes available after long for anyone without access to an app or internet, especially later in day...fast pass all gone due to app users

Ugh. Just no. To all of it.

TSMM does not need FP. I can foresee issues with Matterhorn too.

That said, I'm morbidly curious the cost for the annual AP option. What on earth do they think an AP would pay for that?

$10/day for unlimited photos is a great deal. I would definitely do that for at least a day or two. But if I would need to pay $30 more per day for everyone to have mobile Fastpass (family of 4)...I don't know. Probably not just for the convenience of not having to walk to the kiosks. But if it means getting a FP or not...then probably yes. I hope kiosk and mobile will come from separate pools.

$10/day for unlimited photos is a great deal. I would definitely do that for at least a day or two. But if I would need to pay $30 more per day for everyone to have mobile Fastpass (family of 4)...I don't know. Probably not just for the convenience of not having to walk to the kiosks. But if it means getting a FP or not...then probably yes. I hope kiosk and mobile will come from separate pools.

Once enough people catch on and start using it you'll almost have to buy it if you want any decent FPs. They will go much quicker now.

I do hope there's a requirement that you be in the park before you can book.

it reads like if you get this you will be able to book FPs in advance. Either I am overthinking this or it is a backdoor way of introducing FP+ to DLR. If you have to wait until you get to the park, I can see everyone trying to get the most popular FPs right as they enter in the morning. There will be a traffic jam right at the entrance, the system will overload, and FPs for popular rides will be gone very quickly.

How will the maxpass effect the paper fp's? Like, how will they keep track of the amount of fp's pulled of each to know when they "run out". If people are purchasing Maxpass the day of, which I'm sure lots will at first, setting aside a certain amount for each doesn't seem feasible.

it reads like if you get this you will be able to book FPs in advance. Either I am overthinking this or it is a backdoor way of introducing FP+ to DLR.

I'm pretty sure I read that you will only be able to get FP while in the park so no booking in advance. Also, the same FP rules will apply of one every 2 hours or when the first FP time is active.

Edited to add:

Unlike the Fastpass+ system at Walt Disney World, the MaxPass system does not allow users to select Fastpasses months, weeks or even days in advance. This is still a same-day program, and users must activate the entitlement on the day they visit the park.

Nor can users make Fastpass selections from home before even heading to the parks. Visitors must be inside a theme park to collect a digital Fastpass to use the same day, though MaxPass users need not walk to their selected attraction to claim a Fastpass ticket. A MaxPass user can walk onto Main Street, U.S.A. and claim a Fastpass for Splash Mountain if they want, without ever stepping foot in Critter Country. The MaxPass app also allows users to claim a Fastpass for a ride in the other theme park, so a user in Disneyland could claim a Fastpass for Radiator Springs Racers before park hopping.

From here

A bunch of questions come to mind...many of which y'all have already mentioned above! I'm going to contact Disney to ask and see what they say. For us, it would be $40/day for the 4 of us to have MaxPass. That's just not worth it for convenience of FP & PhotoPass. It's still more economical for us to buy PhotoPass+ ahead of time. Unless Disney intends to eliminate those PP+ packages altogether.

My brain is foggy b/c I brought a virus home from my Disney cruise last week... but I'm not clear on the details, either, not sure if it's just me! $10 includes photopass downloads - as in ALL of them from that day, not just the ride photos? I guess I read it as the ride only photos at first, maybe just b/c it was talking about rides, and b/c it somehow seems too cheap for photopass (if one person buys it).

It stinks that the only way to book fastpasses via the mobile app is if you pay. I feel like all the announcements about mobile fastpass booking coming to DL were misleading now. Maybe I missed something b/c I've been reading up for my cruise and bypassing most parks news until this week, but didn't everyone just assume it would be free? It's a good thing DL is heavy on knowledgeable locals, b/c all the "passes" are getting a little ridiculous - photopass, maxpass, fastpass... the casual visitor who doesn't research in advance is going to be confused as all get-out. I was getting ready to sell my extended family on a DL trip (rather than WDW) b/c they weren't big on the long-term pre-planning we did for our last WDW trip, but now I feel like it will result in a whole lot of "training" on my part and/or confusing upcharges!

Unlike the Fastpass+ system at Walt Disney World, the MaxPass system does not allow users to select Fastpasses months, weeks or even days in advance. This is still a same-day program, and users must activate the entitlement on the day they visit the park.

Nor can users make Fastpass selections from home before even heading to the parks. Visitors must be inside a theme park to collect a digital Fastpass to use the same day, though MaxPass users need not walk to their selected attraction to claim a Fastpass ticket. A MaxPass user can walk onto Main Street, U.S.A. and claim a Fastpass for Splash Mountain if they want, without ever stepping foot in Critter Country. The MaxPass app also allows users to claim a Fastpass for a ride in the other theme park, so a user in Disneyland could claim a Fastpass for Radiator Springs Racers

So this quote leads to my other concern. People are going to jam up the front of the park on their cell phones trying to book FPs all at the same time. System overloads will occur and FPs will be gone for the day unless you get to the park right at opening. If you don't pay for the MaxPass, I doubt you will get many paper passes because they will all be gone.

So, if my family of three is in the park, and we paid $10 each for this, can I book all of our FPs through my app? Or does everyone have to do it on their own? And how does that work for my DD8, whose phone is wi-fi only?

It should be $10 per family or one phone, but knowing the current Disney it will be $10 per Family Member.
Also, both attractions added to FP (TSMM, and the Matterhorn) can easily be done in the morning without the need of FP.
Depending on allocation, I don't see a reason to change unless its for convenience.

My only wish is that they do not get rid of the Matterhorn Single Rider option.

I'm really curious how this will work with APs. I already get the unlimited downloads as part of my AP, so will they just add the digital fastpass as an extra? And will they prorate the year long version? For example, if this rolls out in Sept, I don't need a whole year because my AP expires in Dec. But I don't want to pay per day either. So many questions to be answered and I guess only time will tell.

I also wonder if they'll separate the allotment of FPs available digitally and paper. Without Wifi in the park, there are many visitors who can't get digital FPs and it would suck for them to all be gone first thing in the morning. And I don't actually mind getting the paper ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter