Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Is it common speculation that maybe DLR May announce (if they will at all before November) a reopening date later this week? Or will the earliest announcement be late this month because they will at least need to stand by and wait to see if there are any spikes? I am so ready to return, masks and all.

Is it common speculation that maybe DLR May announce (if they will at all before November) a reopening date later this week? Or will the earliest announcement be late this month because they will at least need to stand by and wait to see if there are any spikes? I am so ready to return, masks and all.
I hope so. But who knows. I’m hoping with OC moving to red on Tuesday that they can give a fun announcement

I follow them; they aren't consistent with posting the status of the lot =/
I think just going forward, I'm going to assume it will be crowded with filled parking. Since it seems like both weekends and weekdays are hitting capacity, I think I will just stick with weekends when i can arrive early in the day.

Also if you follow Gothic Rosie, she has a list of different parking options outside of the Simba lot. I've heard of many people parking at Anaheim Garden Walk, then walking to the parks into the Harbor entrance. Not sure how that side has been with the capacity situation.

Magic 8 Ball is only giving "reply hazy, try again", "cannot predict now". I think we are switching to WDW probably in the next 2 days, checking flights, deals etc.

Just checked and my September 25 - Sept 28th at VGC is still on my DVC dashboard. It's so annoying to have DVC points tied up with no news, and no availability to move the dates. Let's hope we hear something by the end of the week.

Back when this all started that UBS (I think that's right) analyst said the parks wouldn't open until 2021. My husband saw that and thought I was crazy for continuing to plan our June, and then August trip. I told him there was no way the parks would be closed until 2021, and besides, it was just one analyst that said that and the media took off with it to generate headlines. Now it's looking more likely, but darn if I want him to be right.

Desert Inn blocked the rest of 2020. Doesn’t look promising.
Or they are already at capacity and can't take more reservations?

I completely understand that Disney doesn't know when they will reopen, but for DVC owners, it really stinks to tie up your points and not make decisions when there are restrictions and time limits on the use of your points.

I know this isn't possible, but it would be great if they would freeze reservation for those of us that have them, and let me rebook. If the resort opens come back to me and let me cancel my alternate plans and get back my room. I know this is Disney IT -- but, a girl can dream!

Desert Inn blocked the rest of 2020. Doesn’t look promising.
Hello! I thought for fun I would try and get a room at Desert Inn and see how it went. I put in the dates I'm "hopefully" supposed to go (staying onsite) the week of Thanksgiving. It told me they did not have space. I hit the small modify your search. It showed me their calendar that lets you see what is available and not. I was able to book in December if I wanted to. Just not the week of Christmas. I hope that helped you.:wave2:

Last edited:
I’m listening to the Give Kids the World Disboards telethon live today. They were talking of the expanded indoor dining options and lack of outdoor seating, etc. (please be sure to donate, btw). This just brought to mind why l prefer DL:so many beautiful spots to eat, sit, and soak in the atmosphere. Come on Newsom, give us a sign!

I’m listening to the Give Kids the World Disboards telethon live today. They were talking of the expanded indoor dining options and lack of outdoor seating, etc. (please be sure to donate, btw). This just brought to mind why l prefer DL:so many beautiful spots to eat, sit, and soak in the atmosphere. Come on Newsom, give us a sign!
I’ve been stalking his twitter to see if he gives a random update on reopenings

He's not going to do that via Twitter, most likely. It will be a live announcement. I mean, he has to pat himself on the back for it somehow, right?
As odd as it is, if I remember right some of the guidelines were announced first on Twitter prior to announcing during his press conferences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter