Disneyland ending AP program as we know it

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've never been to DL but i know how fierce and passionate local ap's are. I feel for all of them.
Probably Disney banking on that pent-up demand that they know people will pay higher prices for whatever program they offer next

And I know many that will undoubtedly pay what Disney asks for. You don’t often hear as many price increase complaints from DL APs as you do from WDW APs. It’s a lifestyle for them out there.

As someone who is shifting my US based Disney visits from 3-4 days at WDW to a cheaper and less stressful 2-3 days at DL, if this helps with crowds I'll take it, even though clearly we're all going to end up paying more.

SoCal folks are going to be fuming though!

Disney seems to be having a "get all the bad news out at once" week here. It's only Thursday. Hopefully no Friday afternoon specials. :-/

Personally, if I were Disney, I would have allowed DL APs choose either the full refund, or the ability to use their AP at WDW for the remaining 2 months. What’s the downside? Most days the resort buckets aren’t filled, and I’m sure a good number of visitors coming in would stay on property filling up these rooms that are vacant.

I think Disney is realizing that the rate that ticket prices are rising has limitations, so they need to find other ways to increase the average ticket revenues per day. AP tickets have the lowest level of per day revenue, so ending, changing or limiting them is essentially low hanging fruit. Of course this is predicated on the parks returning to full capacity after Covid

It is reasonable assume that WDW is not far behind

I think the real covid impact is that APs were already substantially stopped and the need to maximize revenue to recover the losses

Yeah sounds like more tiers and/or some things being add-ons.

And more choices doesn’t automatically mean “bad”. If that’s the route they’re going, of course. A more expensive flex pass with the ability to go more than 3 days, I see being a fine adjustment. If they were to limit the amount of times a guest could go to 3-5 days a month, that might be a problem. But if they were to limit you to 7-10 days a month, would it be that much of a hit? I know there are people that go more than that, but for the most part I’d say 5-7 times a month is probably what a typical diehard guest would go

SoCal DL local here. Signature passholder since 2001.

I will be the first to say we will absolutely pay whatever they want once the parks open. This closure has been devastating for our family and the mental health of my 2 autistic sons. We are fortunate to have the financial security to afford whatever Disneyland will charge moving forward.

Last edited:
I'm sure there will be some kind of AP offering when things get back up and running - what that looks like we'll have to wait and see.

And more choices doesn’t automatically mean “bad”. If that’s the route they’re going, of course. A more expensive flex pass with the ability to go more than 3 days, I see being a fine adjustment. If they were to limit the amount of times a guest could go to 3-5 days a month, that might be a problem. But if they were to limit you to 7-10 days a month, would it be that much of a hit? I know there are people that go more than that, but for the most part I’d say 5-7 times a month is probably what a typical diehard guest would go

That is true but if you put a limit that only affects say 5% of the members is the limit worth doing at that point since it doesn't really change much for most people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter