• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney World? Nope! It's Worley World! Our 2011 Disney Adventures! *Updated 4/25/12*

great updates! i don't get the stamp/band thing there either- i think it is great, but why only there at Kali?

yummy on the treats. i can't wait to pig out on our trip!!!

so glad you guys had a good time that night, especially with Olivia choosing!:goodvibes

Our last day of the trip. :sad1: After our busy day the day before, we were planning on taking it easy on this last day. We really had no plans for this day, it was just kinda go with the flow. It started at 7:45 when Olivia and I woke up. I gave Livy a banana to tide her over until breakfast and turned on the TV for her so I could get started on the packing. By about 8:45 I was nearly done and we decided it was time to wake Toby up. Once again, this was accomplished by Livy jumping on him! :yay: While Toby showered and got ready, I put the final touches on the packing. By the time he was ready to go, so was all of our stuff. By the time we got everything to the car (in one trip again!), it was about 9:45 and we had breakfast plans.

We loaded up the car, said goodbye to POR and headed over to POFQ for some breakfast. I had beignets on my mind, and that sounded yummy to Olivia as well, so we got a 6 pack (so we could have leftovers) ($4.29) and Toby wanted "real food" and decided on the Bounty Platter ($8.29).

125.jpg

124.jpg

126.jpg

After finishing up breakfast, we needed a plan. It was about 10:30 by this time and after throwing around some ideas, and Toby deciding that he wasn't interested in going to a park, we settled on heading over to the Boardwalk since we had never been before. After a quick car ride, we arrived at the Boardwalk.

We spent some time in the lobby area looking around and enjoying a nice break from the parks. Once we finished looking around inside, we made our way out and looked in lots of the shops and pretty much just enjoyed our surroundings.

127.jpg

128.jpg

129.jpg

When we arrived at the end of the Boardwalk, Tobys eyes lit up: it was the ESPN Club: the restaurant of his dreams! He pretty much begged to eat here even though we had just eating breakfast about an hour an a half earlier. I said ok, and I was secretly hoping this would become his new favorite WDW restaurant, leaving Planet Hollywood in the dust!

We were seated right away and Toby was in heaven! Our waiter came pretty quickly and took our order Diet Coke, Coke and lemonade to drink, a bowl of clam chowder for Toby, bbq wings for me and chicken nuggets for Livy. While we were waiting for our food to arrive it was potty time for Olivia, so off we went. Call me weird, but I took pictures of the bathroom...

138.jpg

The view from the stall:
139.jpg

Once we finished up I of course sent Toby in to look and was just hoping he would come back out! He came out pretty quickly and decided that we needed to do our bathroom the same way. Umm, NO! Our food came pretty quickly, and despite still not being very hungry since we had a late breakfast, we all managed to finish our food. It was pretty good, nothing to gush over, but it wasn't terrible at all. The bill came to around $30. After paying the bill we headed to the car and made our way back home.

Overall it was a great 5 day trip and a super kickoff to our 2011 passholder year! We loved POR and would stay there again in a heartbeat (although we are trying to work through all the hotels before we do repeats - except for POP since Olivia requests that for every single trip so we will probably stay there plenty of times). The weather for this trip was as perfect as it could get. Never really hot or cold, just awesome touring weather!

He came out pretty quickly and decided that we needed to do our bathroom the same way.

:lmao: Yeah, I wouldn't do that either!

Definitely a great start to your year! I love your relaxed last moments on this visit. Leaving isn't such a big deal when you'll be back in no time. :thumbsup2 I can't wait to see where else you stay!

:lmao: Yeah, I wouldn't do that either!

Definitely a great start to your year! I love your relaxed last moments on this visit. Leaving isn't such a big deal when you'll be back in no time. :thumbsup2 I can't wait to see where else you stay!

I really did like how relaxed this trip was! It was a nice change, although we never really go totally nuts when we are there since we always know we will be back. As for hotels, after that trip we stayed offsite for the next trips since they were pretty last minute, and only for 1 night each and we weren't planning on spending any down time at the resort. For our trip in a couple of weeks it was Olivia's hotel choice, so I'm sure you can guess where we are staying!

After a little more than a month without a visit to our favorite place, Olivia and I were more than ready to head back up to WDW. I decided the day before that we needed the WDW time. Since it was so last minute, there was nothing available on WDW property that interested me in the least bit, so I did my old stand by of Priceline and name your own price. I ended up getting the Sheraton Safari for $38 for the night. This was a new hotel to us so I quickly hopped online and did some research. It looked pretty good so I was excited.

Saturday April 9 was filled with house cleaning and packing for our girls trip while Toby was working. Toby had decided to sit this trip out because he had been terribly busy at work and just wanted a quiet couple of days to relax and play his PS3 without interruption. Once I had the house clean and our overnight bag packed I loaded it into the car and we hit the sack.

Sunday April 10 was of course a work day for me. I was up by 7:30 and got Olivia and I ready and we headed to church. The morning was uneventful and by 12:30 we were on the road. It was a quick and boring trip-just the way we like it! We arrived at the Sheraton Safari at 2:10 and went inside to check in. The young man who checked us in was incredibly nice and gave us a top floor room-1621- facing Epcot (we could see the Swan/Dolpin hotels) and waived the $6 fee since we were just going to be there for one night! Woo Hoo! Livy and I brought our things up to the room, had some snacks and took a potty break and headed out!

We decided to head to Epcot because Livy wanted to see if she was tall enough to get on TT and Soarin yet. We arrived at 3:15 and made our way right to TT....nope, still too short. Luckily Olivia wasn't upset at all and she wanted to go on Living with the Land instead. I'm still not sure whey she loves this ride so much, but it is still a must do for her on every trip! Next up was Nemo, followed by a ride on SSE on our way out. *Not sure why I don't have any pictures of the day so far :confused3* We hopped on the monorail around 5:00 and upon arrival at the TTC, we hopped off and walked over to the Poly for some dinner at Capt. Cooks. Olivia got the kids turkey sandwich meal and I got the adult turkey sandwich meal and we got a Dole Whip to share!

042.jpg

043.jpg

044.jpg

045.jpg

After our bellies were good and full, we hopped on the monorail and headed to the MK for some evening fun!

Great updates!!!! My aunt stayed at safari before and I've seen the rooms, they are nice!! I'm glad u didn't keep us waiting. When's ur next wdw trip ...aug?

Great updates!!!! My aunt stayed at safari before and I've seen the rooms, they are nice!! I'm glad u didn't keep us waiting. When's ur next wdw trip ...aug?

We really like the Safari! I wish I could name my own price and pick the hotel on Priceline, I would pick that one every time!

Yep, we are taking another girls trip from the 20-23 of this month!

great ending to your last family trip. I love the Boardwalk area. I hate Planet Hollywood, so here's hoping he liked ESPN better. :lmao:

Loving the girls trip too. can't wait to see the rest.

btw- how is Capt Cook's- pretty good? do they only offer the dole whip ice cream, or do they offer the floats too like at the MK?

great ending to your last family trip. I love the Boardwalk area. I hate Planet Hollywood, so here's hoping he liked ESPN better. :lmao:

Loving the girls trip too. can't wait to see the rest.

btw- how is Capt Cook's- pretty good? do they only offer the dole whip ice cream, or do they offer the floats too like at the MK?

He did like ESPN much better! Woo hoo! No more PH!!!!!!!!! :banana:

I love our girls trips as well! We have another coming up in 11 days, and I'm super excited for it as well!

Capt Cooks was pretty good. They only have the ice cream, which was fine with us, that just meant we had to get a float at the MK! The nice thing is that is self serve, so you could get as much or as little as you wanted in the cup.

I have to say, I feel like a horrible DIS friend! I have been keeping up with reading your PTR, but have been a SUPER slacker in the commenting! Sorry! Hopefully I'll have time tonight to head over there and get all my comments in!

I can't wait to see you girls next weekend!!! It will be a nice reward after my first week at work. Ill pm you later today!

After a quick monorail ride we arrived at Magic Kingdom and headed inside. Once again, Olivia was in charge, and she had one thing on her mind: Pixie Dust of course! We can never have a visit to MK without some Pixie Dust! Toby hates the stuff! He is like a magnet for it and it ends up all over him! I think it is hysterical! Olivia loves to get it and it doesn't bother me one bit. I may or may not ask them to give her a little extra because her daddy likes it SO much. :rolleyes1 After the princess was sufficiently dusted, we walked over to Dumbo to see what the wait was like. It was only 10 minutes so we hopped on and took some silly pictures of the two of us and some of the FL expansion.

050.jpg

056.jpg

053.jpg

053.jpg

Once we were done on our flying elephant friend, Livy decided that she was getting hungry for a "special yummy snack". I had no idea what she was talking about. :confused3 After a few minutes of her explaining: that thing, from the place with the white stuff. She wanted a funnel cake! Over to Sleep Hollow we went. We ordered a plate of goodness and found a nearby table to eat. After about 3 bites, Olivia spilled her water bottle all over the plate and ruined our treat. A CM happened to be cleaning the table next to us and saw what happened and went and got us a new funnel cake without us even saying a word! I was just going to toss it and move on, but this CM was great! We finished what we could of our snack and made the rest of our evening plans.

Our first stop, was to meet some new to us characters!

059.jpg

060.jpg

I'm not sure why, but Olivia was being super shy with them. Those are honestly the only 2 pics I got.

After our meet, we headed into Adventureland and hit up Pirates, Jungle Cruise and the Magic Carpets.

By now it was nearing 8:00 and we were planning on seeing the parade, so I figured we should probably try and find a semi-decent spot. We made our way to the hub and actually got a great spot for the two of us right on the rope. There was a nice family right next to us who had a little girl a bit older than Olivia so the two were chatting away. After a few minutes Olivia noticed the hula hoops right in front of us and ran over to take a turn. The Easter Bunny brought her a hula hoop this year and by the end of Easter night she had taught herself how to use it and has been obsessed ever since!

062.jpg

063.jpg

After the CMs took away the hula hoops, Olivia made her way back to me and we broke out the glow bracelets. Olivia kept 3 and passed the others out to the kids around us. She loves that we bring so many and she can share. She said it makes the other kids hearts happy, so that makes her heart happy. :love: While handing out the bracelets, Olivia saw one of the light up, spinning Minnie toys and had her heart set on getting it. There was no vendor to be seen at this point, so I told her we would grab one on the way out. In the mean time, she had her trusty old light up necklace from her first trip and the glow bracelets to keep her happy. Livy loved the parade and fireworks as usual! I have to say, I cannot wait for Spectro to come back! I am just not a fan of MSEP!

As we made the mass exodus with the rest of the crowd, I made sure to stop in the Emporium to buy Livy her light up Minnie. I handed it to her and we made our way to the monorail so we could take it back to Epcot and the car. Shockingly the wait wasn't bad at all! Someone was getting tired though:

065.jpg

After our monorail ride and car ride back to the hotel it was about 10:45 and we were exhausted! Olivia didn't even wake up when I took her from the car to the room and get her ready for bed!

I was showered, had the bag packed for the morning and was in bed, asleep by 12:00.

Up next: A day at the Studios

He did like ESPN much better! Woo hoo! No more PH!!!!!!!!! :banana:

I love our girls trips as well! We have another coming up in 11 days, and I'm super excited for it as well!

Capt Cooks was pretty good. They only have the ice cream, which was fine with us, that just meant we had to get a float at the MK! The nice thing is that is self serve, so you could get as much or as little as you wanted in the cup.

I have to say, I feel like a horrible DIS friend! I have been keeping up with reading your PTR, but have been a SUPER slacker in the commenting! Sorry! Hopefully I'll have time tonight to head over there and get all my comments in!
ah, don't worry about it! I love that it is just the two of you on this trip, i bet that makes for a fun time, doing whatever she wants!

so where do you get pixie dusted at?

I also prefer Spectro over MSEP. Spectro was the parade that ran while I was a CM in 96, so we would go over to the MK at night just to watch it and leave. It holds a special place in my heart for that and a few of my friends were in it too. MSEP just doesn't do the same for me. I like the Spectro music better.

so nice that the CM replaced your funnel cake! that's the disney magic at work! :wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard:

When I left off I had a tuckered out little princess who was in dream land, resting up for another fun day.

After all the fun the day before, Olivia was pretty tired and ended up sleeping until 8:15! I turned on Disney Junior for Livy since it was just about time for Jake and the Neverland Pirates which was and still is the one show she LOVES. While she was watching tv, I packed up our things and got ready to go. Since it was just the two of us, things went pretty quickly and we were out of there by 9:00. Instead of heading to a park, we were off to breakfast at POFQ. We had beignets on our mind. After a quick breakfast we hopped on a bus, headed to DHS and arrived around 10:15

The only thing we had on the agenda today was to see the new Disney Junior stage. Since Olivia is SO obsessed with Jake, this was all that was on her mind. We had just missed a show, so we decided to hang out in the area and venture under the sea with Ariel. We sat in our usual spot of the front row. We loved this show as always, but I do have one pet peeve: Could Ariel and Eric make the kiss at the end look any more fake?! It is just nuts! Anyway, after the annoying end, we headed out of the theater and across the courtyard to the Disney Junior show. It was still about 20 minutes until showtime, but we hopped in line, and had a little snack while we waited.

066.jpg

Soon enough, we were inside and the show started and Olivia was in heaven!

067.jpg

I really enjoyed the show and can't wait to see it again! Olivia is dying for there to be a Jake meet and greet, and I can't either! Why does it take SO long to get a new character out there?

Up next was TSM. Olivia was super excited for this one since she would get her own seat and be able to use the gun the whole time instead of sharing with Toby and I when the three of us ride together. She didn't do too terrible either!

072.jpg

On the walk over to TSM from Disney Junior Livy had been eyeing up the face painting stand, so after we got off TSM she asked if she could get painted. Who was I to say no?

073.jpg

074.jpg

075.jpg

076.jpg

Up next: Finishing up our day at DHS

Great update!!!! I love the face painting :) We had girls that would come into BBB with braids from the cruise + face painting and getting the princess make-overs with all of that as well lol. Only a few more days till Disney!!!! :)

Love the facepaint!!!!

I am also looking forward to the new playhouse Disney show. Less than 6 weeks now!!!!

her facepaint is so pretty!

so was the new Jake part really cute? William is looking forward to that too- he loves Jake!

Hi guys! Just wanted to get a quick update in. I have not abandoned you! Livy and I took a girls trip to WDW last weekend- from Saturday to Tuesday. We had one of the best trips EVER! Despite the HOT temperatures and some rain, it was amazing! We finally got to meet up with some DIS friends that are now real life friends. I cannot wait to get to these days in the TR! I will try to have an update tomorrow, but no promises.

Awwww! Love it!!

I love that you ask for extra pixie dust just to annoy him. :laughing: That stuff kinda makes me nuts sometimes, but it's a happy nuts. I can't believe that I'm still finding it in the most random places at home!

I love the fake Ariel & Eric kiss! It's so silly and makes me leave the show with a smile. :thumbsup2

Glad Olivia liked the Disney Junior show! It is a lot of fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter