Disney World? Nope! It's Worley World! Our 2011 Disney Adventures! *Updated 4/25/12*

yeah, another update! i think Olivia jumping on daddy to wake him up sound fun! i do it to Alan all the time too. :goodvibes

sounds like another great day. hopefully she will be tall enough for Soarin soon- maybe next trip?

so when are the black out dates for your passes? did it already start?

Glad to see you're back and all is well. I'd wondered what happened to you!

Great AK day! How awesome on getting the front row everytime. How'd ya manage that one? I have to admit I'm on the other side though. Nemo is my AK favorite! Glad Olivia loved it!

It's good to be back! I have another update ready for tomorrow!

I have no idea how we manage that?! I think some of it has to do that if my GAC happens to be facing out on my lanyard they think we need first row, which is why I usually try to keep the GAC facing me!

I'm a crazy person...do you know what pic got me the most excited? The resort mugs :rotfl2: I am so excited to get our first ever resort mugs because 1) they "go" with our resort choice and 2) because we are staying long enough to utilize the mugs!!!!

You are totally right on the mugs! I definitely think of the BC when I see them! We always get our money out of our mugs! I actually use them at home everyday for everything!

yeah, another update! i think Olivia jumping on daddy to wake him up sound fun! i do it to Alan all the time too. :goodvibes

sounds like another great day. hopefully she will be tall enough for Soarin soon- maybe next trip?

so when are the black out dates for your passes? did it already start?

I think that is a great way to wake him up as well....him, not so much!

I'm really hoping she can FINALLY get on Soarin soon! I think I will be looking for some thick soled shoes before we go next month....:rolleyes1

Our summer black outs started last month and go to August 18.

After a good nights sleep, we were all up by 7:45! After some banana bread for breakfast, a quick round of showers and getting ready, we headed out of the room by 8:45, and arrived at the MK by 9:15.

This was going to be another go with the flow/do whatever kind of day. We looked at Olivia for a decision and her choice was Pirates of the Caribbean. This went right along with her new obsession with pirates, thanks to the new at the time show Jake and the Neverland Pirates (which she is still totally obsessed with).

082.jpg

083.jpg

After Pirates, Livy requested Haunted Mansion, followed by Peter Pan's Flight, and then Dumbo. We had quite the fun time waiting for Dumbo and then riding!

084.jpg

085.jpg

086.jpg

091.jpg

Yes, we did all cram our big hiney's into one poor Dumbo! Toby is always terrified that we will break poor Dumbo and come crashing down! It cracks me up every time.

Once our flight was completed, Livy wanted some time with Pooh, so off we went. While we were waiting for our ride in the honey pot, Olivia insisted that I take a "princess picture" of her:

092.jpg

After Pooh, it was time for a ride on the carousel. Our princess wanted Daddy to accompany her on this ride while I was told to "take lots of beautiful pictures".

094.jpg

096.jpg

Just about the time my motion sickness was setting in and I was looking like this :sick: the carousel finally stopped and I needed to do something with no motion. Mickey's Philharmagic it was! I have always LOVED this show, and this was probably the first time Olivia really got into it and was reaching for everything and had the biggest smile on her face the whole time! By the end of the show I was feeling back to my normal self...and we were all starting to feel a bit hungry. Before we could get some food in our bellies, our princess had one request: she NEEDED pixie dust NOW! Who were we to say no? After a healthy sprinkling of pixie dust, we had a happy little lady and we started making our way to Tomorrow Land and our old standby of Cosmic Rays. It was about 11:45, so the crowds weren't too bad at all-just the way we like it! We of course ordered the same things we always do: Toby and I got the 1/2 chicken and ribs combo and Livy got chicken nuggets.

097.jpg

098.jpg

It was all yummy as usual, and our total came to $40.20 for the 3 meals and 2 drinks.

After lunch we did Tomorrow Land: first up was the Speedway. This is one that I always let Toby and Olivia do together.

104.jpg

108.jpg

Next up on Olivia's list was one of our favorites: The Peoplemover of course! I have loved this since my first trip when I was 4, and I have made sure to instill my love of it with Olivia!

112.jpg

We finished up Tomorrowland with a ride on Carousel of Progress-another one of our favorites, and then Buzz Lightyear. Next, we left Tomorrowland and started making our way to the front of the park. The plan was to head out of MK and pick another park. As we arrived at the front of the park, Olivia spotted the train station and wanted a ride. Since we didn't really have any plans we decided a nice relaxing train ride would be nice, so we hopped on. After our ride around the park, we grabbed a bucket of popcorn and sat down to come up with a plan for the afternoon.

Up next: Where did we end up and what did Olivia talk Toby into doing?
120.jpg

OK I really hope you will be joining us for MK day because Aisling could ride the People Mover all day!

Not-so-interesting fact...I have never been on Dumbo as an adult. I can't believe you guys on squeezed into one. I think I'd be crying in pain :rotfl2:

OK I really hope you will be joining us for MK day because Aisling could ride the People Mover all day!

Not-so-interesting fact...I have never been on Dumbo as an adult. I can't believe you guys on squeezed into one. I think I'd be crying in pain :rotfl2:

It's looking like our dates are the 21-23 (possibly the 24th). We are totally up for anything! You can be stuck with us for as little or as much time as you want! Olivia will gladly ride the peoplemover all day!

You have really never been on Dumbo as an adult? I think I have ridden more times in my adulthood than my childhood! We are pretty much smashed to bits in the darn Dumbo, but it is so hysterical!

Great updates! What's it like to go into a park with no plans? :confused3:scared1:

It was really weird not having my normal level of plans! I figured it would be ok since it wasn't very crowded at all. I don't think I would go without plans in during the busier times! We are also trying really hard this year to just take our time since we can come back another time and catch something we missed. So far it is working out pretty well!

It was really weird not having my normal level of plans! I figured it would be ok since it wasn't very crowded at all. I don't think I would go without plans in during the busier times! We are also trying really hard this year to just take our time since we can come back another time and catch something we missed. So far it is working out pretty well!

well if I lived as close as you I MIGHT go without plans.... who am I kidding I wouldn't go without plans :lmao:

I'm really hoping she can FINALLY get on Soarin soon! I think I will be looking for some thick soled shoes before we go next month....:rolleyes1

Our summer black outs started last month and go to August 18.
well you should........the one day we put him in his crocs, he wasn't tall enough. the day before, in his tennis shoes, he was. So just keep in mind with flip flops/sandals or crocs, they won't have as much 'cushion'. ;)

Too Cool!! Cute to see little Olivia dancing right along with the Wolfs:goodvibes Wish we could have seen them, but we never ran into them...thanks for posting the link!

that is so COOL!!! I've seen some of their past videos! so did you meet them on the dis and do a meet? so fun!!!! love it and what talent to put together something so awesome. :thumbsup2

When I last left off, we were enjoying some yummy Disney popcorn and making our plan for the afternoon. When I say we, I really mean Olivia. We left the afternoon planning entirely up to her! Once Toby told her we would go do whatever she wanted it only took about 10 seconds for her to make up her mind: Animal Kingdom to ride Kali River! I LOVED her choice! Toby, not so much.

We made our way to the bus area at the TTC and hopped on an AK bound bus.

117.jpg

Can you see how excited Toby is?!

118.jpg

Soon enough we arrived at Animal Kingdom, and made our way right to Kali River. After a quick height check and wristband/hand stamp
*On a side note here: why is this the ONLY ride that they use the hand stamp/wristband? I understand that people can work out of a wristband and somehow transfer the stamp from one child to another....but here the put the wristband on first and then stamped the wristband and her arm together so they would be able to match up when checked again! It would have made our lives MUCH easier on a future trip (that you just have to wait to read about)?*, we were on our way to ride! I can't even begin to say how excited Olivia was! She was bouncing all over the place and couldn't wait! Good thing the wait was only about 10 minutes. Toby was really not looking forward to this one. I'm not totally sure why. I know he is not a fan of roller coasters and heights, he doesn't really enjoy being soaked to the bone, and he had never been on this one before, so maybe all of that together made him a bit nervous. :confused3

120.jpg

Getting closer....

119.jpg

Finally it was our turn! Olivia pretty much ran to the boat/tube/whatever it is actually called, and after getting all buckled up we were off! To sum it up: Livy LOVED it, but was sad that we hardly got wet at all! Literally, the 3 of us had a couple of drops of water on us at the most! I have never seen anyone come off this ride so dry in my life! Toby ended up really liking it (especially since he was dry), so when Olivia asked to go on again, he was more than happy to hop right back in line. We all got on the boat again and we were with a family who had never been on before and Toby was talking to them like he was an old pro at it! It was hysterical! He was bragging that he has never gotten wet on this ride (ummm, yeah, the ONE time you have ridden it....), and he wasn't worried about it at all........

HE GOT SOAKED!!!!!! :rotfl: The entire boat did! Let me tell you, Olivia was in heaven! She had the biggest smile on her face and was laughing hysterically the whole time. It was one of the most fun rides we have ever been on together. Toby was even laughing about how wet he was.

After disembarking, I took Olivia right to the bathroom to change her clothes (she was lucky, I always have at least 2 changes of clothes for her...not so much for Toby and I). After Livy was nice and dry she said she was ready to leave, she had only wanted to ride Kali River. Toby and I were happy to hear this because we were ready to leave whether she wanted to or not!

We hopped on a bus back to POR and were there by 4:45. It felt great to get out of the wet clothes after being on the freezing cold bus! After a quick change of clothes for everyone, we headed to the Riverside Mill to grab some quick dinner to go (I'm pretty sure we got two chicken finger combos), and then headed out to grab a bus to MK. Once again, there were zero plans and it was all up to Olivia. We ate our dinner on the bus ride over (shh, don't tell the bus driver, since you are not supposed to eat or drink on the busses).

Olivia want to see if she was big enough for BTMRR, so we headed in that direction first. When we got there, Olivia went right up to the height post and did her best to stand up nice and extra tall (well as tall as you can on your flat feet). Nope, no go. Still the tiniest bit too short. Darn! She was really looking forward to riding, but understood, so there was no unhappiness. Thank goodness!

After that, Livy, going right along with her new (at that time) obsession with pirates of all kinds decided that we were going to ride POTC. Luckily there was no line so we got to ride twice! Olivia is obsessed with this ride and would probably ride all day if it were an option. Sadly more rides were not an option, I can only take this ride in small doses! I bribed Livy with treats, so she happily left and we were on our way back to Main Street. I wanted to hit up the Confectionary for some goodies! On the way, we caught the end of the Magic, Memories and You show. I cannot begin to say how much I love this show! No matter how many times we have seen it, it is still just as awesome! I can't wait to go back in 31 days (I think that is right) and see it again!

We finally made it to the Confectionary, and after much debate we ended up with:

Fudge with M&Ms
123.jpg

The biggest Oreo ever:
122.jpg

Both were equally yummy and between the 3 of us we ate them all that night! The plan was to stay and watch Wishes, but we had all be up and on the go since 7:45 with no break, so we made the decision to head out. We actually ended up watching quite a bit of Wishes from outside the gates, which was just as good for Olivia. By 8:15 we were on a terribly packed bus. Luckily we had seats since we were in the front of the line (yes, Toby did give up his seat and stand-I know Kristine will like to hear that). Let me just stay, this was one of the worst bus rides EVER! Our driver had to have been at least 80 (and I'm not kidding at all) and you could tell! I seriously was questioning my safety while riding! She was speeding, cutting people off, and just driving badly in general! I had never been so happy to get off a bus in my life!

We made our way back to the room and I got Olivia ready for bed and she was asleep by 9:00. Toby and I were a bit hungry so I headed to fill up our mugs and grab something for us to share. Once again, I'm not sure what we got, but I'm sure it was good!

When I got back to the room it was sadly time to pack up since we would be leaving in the morning. After a bit of packing, I decided I was too tired and would just finish in the morning. By 10:30 Toby and I were asleep as well.

Up next: What would our last day have in store?

Good job Toby!!! I'm very proud of you :thumbsup2

So surprised that Olivia picked AK. Aisling has some weird loyalty to the animals at our local zoo (Franklin Park of Zookeeper fame) so she never gets too excited about AK...which is so weird given her obsession with animals!

Good job Toby!!! I'm very proud of you :thumbsup2

So surprised that Olivia picked AK. Aisling has some weird loyalty to the animals at our local zoo (Franklin Park of Zookeeper fame) so she never gets too excited about AK...which is so weird given her obsession with animals!

We are really spending more time at AK with this year of passes. Olivia was super excited to be tall enough for Kali River, and we are hoping to hit Dinosaur next month, and we always love FOTLK and the safari. We have a pretty decent zoo about an hour away from here and we have never taken Olivia...I know, we are mean parents!

:lmao: I had a feeling the second ride wouldn't be as magical on staying dry. Loved that! What's the height for that one. 38? I was so hoping Blake would make it for one more "height requirement" type ride, but he's barely over 37 right now. :sad1:

Too bad about BTMRR, but she'll be there before you know it!

I can't wait to learn what happened where the arm band situation would've helped. This doesn't sound good. :(

Yum Yum Yum!! I would love those sweets right now :)

Me too! I was a bit worried that the Oreo wouldn't taste like an actual Oreo, but it really did! The fudge was to die for too! There is just so much yummy stuff to choose from we always have a hard time!

:lmao: I had a feeling the second ride wouldn't be as magical on staying dry. Loved that! What's the height for that one. 38? I was so hoping Blake would make it for one more "height requirement" type ride, but he's barely over 37 right now. :sad1:

Too bad about BTMRR, but she'll be there before you know it!

I can't wait to learn what happened where the arm band situation would've helped. This doesn't sound good. :(

I was more than 99% sure we were going to be drenched on the second ride! I just didn't want to let Toby in on that feeling! The height requirement for Kali is 38. Poor Blakers! I bet he will shoot up before you know it and then you will want him to be little again!

The wristband thing just makes upset every time I think about it! That update is on day 9 and I'm just getting ready to start day 5!

Hi guys (well those of you that are actually still here)! Just wanted to say that I haven't forgotten about this little TR! Things have been nuts. We were house-sitting for the past 2 weeks and I didn't bring my TR journal with me, so there was no updating going on. We are finally back home and now I have time to work on this poor, neglected TR. I have an update almost done and I will post it either later tonight after everyone goes to bed or tomorrow after Livy's ballet class. I hope I still have a few people reading along!

Hi guys (well those of you that are actually still here)! Just wanted to say that I haven't forgotten about this little TR! Things have been nuts. We were house-sitting for the past 2 weeks and I didn't bring my TR journal with me, so there was no updating going on. We are finally back home and now I have time to work on this poor, neglected TR. I have an update almost done and I will post it either later tonight after everyone goes to bed or tomorrow after Livy's ballet class. I hope I still have a few people reading along!

Still here :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter