Disney will NEVER build a Villains themed fifth gate!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm mostly just amused at how much the OP hates anything villian-related....! Enough to wear out the underlines and bolds!

Just because you have strong feelings about it doesn't mean Disney won't do/not do what you care about. See also:

1662064545_3c0962bd42.jpg

:sad::sad::sad:

(As far as the 5th gate goes, I think that's inevitable, but a long way off.)
Yeah....that may be true and all!!!! But- so far Disney hasn't done it and I am happy about it. The picture is very cute though.....I really do miss figment. I heard he was coming back to Epcot so don't give up on figment. You can forget about a villains themed fifth gate though. :thumbsup2

I don't have a crystal ball and I bet that no one here does either. Until proven otherwise, I'll just treat these declarations as opinions no matter how many exclamation marks are used.

I miss Dreamfinder and Figment.

The easiest way to make a false statement is to include "always" or "never".
Excuse me....this is not a false statement it is an opinion!!!! And- a valid one at that!! Now- even though you sound like you fell down and bumped your head with this wack comment.....I still love you beerdave!!!! :love:

Why can't you let us dream? No one was seriously thinking disney would do it but we were talking about what if?? I am glad you're not in the room when I start talking about what I would do if I traveled in time :lmao:

Just let us dream...

Why can't you let us dream? No one was seriously thinking disney would do it but we were talking about what if?? I am glad you're not in the room when I start talking about what I would do if I traveled in time :lmao:

Just let us dream...
Ha ha!!!! Dream away....I wasn't trying to rain on anyone's parade ---- sorry about that!! :)

Excuse me....this is not a false statement it is an opinion!!!! And- a valid one at that!! Now- even though you sound like you fell down and bumped your head with this wack comment.....I still love you beerdave!!!! :love:

lol... thanks for the luv...anyone have a bandaid for my head?

I think they have many different plans for a fifth gate and I'm sure WDW will get one it's just it probably won't be for another 15-20 years.

What do you think will change in 15-20 years to make the 5th gate more palatable?

What do you think will change in 15-20 years to make the 5th gate more palatable?
New CEO first of all. Right now no one knows what The company will be like in 20 years. There have been many ideas for a fifth gate out there. And I'm positive disney has many ideas themselves.

New CEO first of all. Right now no one knows what The company will be like in 20 years. There have been many ideas for a fifth gate out there. And I'm positive disney has many ideas themselves.

Let me clarify.

What do you think is going to change about society, the economy or any other relevant criteria in order to justify another park in 20 years?

Sure there are plenty of ideas for a park. But workers aren't gaining more vacation time or disposable income. In fact, Disney prices are have been steadily rising at a rate much greater than inflation. A 5th park isn't going to increase time or money spent at WDW...it would simply redistribute those dollars to include another costly destination.

We can certainly debate Iger's stinginess toward the theme parks but adding yet ANOTHER park makes absolutely no sense at all. And I really don't see how 10 or 20 or 50 years is going to dramatically change that situation.

Speaking as someone who enjoys the Disney parks, it's fun to think there may be another destination someday. But from a financial perspective, I just don't see how some arbitrary passage of time is going to dramatically alter thinking on that topic.

Let me clarify.

What do you think is going to change about society, the economy or any other relevant criteria in order to justify another park in 20 years?

Sure there are plenty of ideas for a park. But workers aren't gaining more vacation time or disposable income. In fact, Disney prices are have been steadily rising at a rate much greater than inflation. A 5th park isn't going to increase time or money spent at WDW...it would simply redistribute those dollars to include another costly destination.

We can certainly debate Iger's stinginess toward the theme parks but adding yet ANOTHER park makes absolutely no sense at all. And I really don't see how 10 or 20 or 50 years is going to dramatically change that situation.

Speaking as someone who enjoys the Disney parks, it's fun to think there may be another destination someday. But from a financial perspective, I just don't see how some arbitrary passage of time is going to dramatically alter thinking on that topic.

Yeah...I would add that ONLY if(for whatever reason) the three non-MK parks are able to add millions of annual guests there will be no fifth gate. These parks are extremely expensive to operate and maintain and the three non-MK parks aren't anywhere near capacity.

I agree that a whole park may be difficult, but some Villains area would be fun.

In 20 years, the 5th gate will be a virtual park utilizing the chip implanted in our heads and the visual projection in our eyes to create a completely CGI world. (maybe that is what this bump on my head is!) The cost will be minimal since it will merely expand on the things the government is going to do to us, linking them with MMplus.

Seriously, 20 years ago, did anyone think we would be this globally connected today? Think Total Recall. Design your own park. And resort. And dinning. They could have "free dinning simulator" to fill the slow times.

I guess at this point, the advantage Disney over US will disappear, since the land advantage will no longer have bearing on size and capacity. Just some large commercial storage buildings for the electronics, and they all can connect to you at home.

That's what might change in 20 years......

Yeah...I would add that ONLY if(for whatever reason) the three non-MK parks are able to add millions of annual guests there will be no fifth gate. These parks are extremely expensive to operate and maintain and the three non-MK parks aren't anywhere near capacity.

Even the idea of "capacity" is a fluid notion. Despite the Magic Kingdom drawing 16 million per year, they can always build new attractions, restaurants and bathrooms. Bottlenecks like Main Street can be overcome with new back alley walkways to accommodate more people.

Yes, there are some physical barriers which would be difficult to overcome. Epcot could not easily expand to the west because of Beach Club and BoardWalk. Hollywood Studios has some wetlands to one side, if memory serves.

But there are far more instances where land is available to expand the parks if capacity dictates. Not every option is inexpensive but still far less costly than breaking ground on an entirely new gate.

Disney keeps on trying to lure more and more visitors though and of course they all head for the Magic Kingdom. That needs to change or MK will be a mess.

Disney keeps on trying to lure more and more visitors though and of course they all head for the Magic Kingdom. That needs to change or MK will be a mess.

I absolutely agree. The other three parks are where they need to be developing new and exciting properties.

Just because there MAY be a 5th park in 20 years or so, why think it would be villians? It could well be something we haven't even imagined yet. Or something so old fashion we'd be stunned by the brillance of it. 20 years ago no one thought that Harry Potter would even exisit, nevermind being a money maker for Universal. Let's just wait and see, shall we?

As much as I LOVE the idea of a Dark Kingdom, it just wouldn't make sense as a fifth gate. If Disney announced this new park today, it would still be YEARS away from opening. Not to mention this new love of villains could easily turn the other way before the park is even complete!

At best, we'd see a Dark Land addition to MK. Smaller, more manageable, and could be converted later if plans flop. However even this is probably years away. MK just finished Fantasyland, DTD is in the middle of a makeover, AK is beginning stages of a big addition. Not to mention the major rumors and speculation of Star Wars coming to DHS. So IMO, DHS, AK, & Epcot are the areas Disney needs to focus on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter