Disney will NEVER build a Villains themed fifth gate!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TooExcitedCantSleep

I can't with you basic chicks
I know that Disney is having a Villains Party and it's sold out. But- that doesn't make it a good idea or warrant for a Disney fifth gate. Disney doesn't have any Villain rides so what makes folks think there is a chance for an entire Villain park or even a land. Disney's Dark Kingdom may be fun for a couple of folks to dream and talk about and hype up but it's not gonna happen!!!!

I know that Disney is having a Villains Party and it's sold out. But- that doesn't make it a good idea or warrant for a Disney fifth gate. Disney doesn't have any Villain rides so what makes folks think there is a chance for an entire Villain park or even a land. Disney's Dark Kingdom may be fun for a couple of folks to dream and talk about and hype up but it's not gonna happen!!!!
May I ask what sparked this post? There aren't any rumors or anything at this time.

I'm continually amused by the rumors of a 5th gate, whatever it may be. To me they are just wistful thinking as it makes no economic sense for Disney. They would have to come up with an entirely different "theme" in order for this to work, and no villains, or Pixar, or Frozen, or whatever doesn't fill the bill for an entire theme park.

I'm continually amused by the rumors of a 5th gate, whatever it may be. To me they are just wistful thinking as it makes no economic sense for Disney. They would have to come up with an entirely different "theme" in order for this to work, and no villains, or Pixar, or Frozen, or whatever doesn't fill the bill for an entire theme park.
I think they have many different plans for a fifth gate and I'm sure WDW will get one it's just it probably won't be for another 15-20 years.

May I ask what sparked this post? There aren't any rumors or anything at this time.
I know. But Disney's Dark Kingdom and hopes of a Villains theme 5th gate are constantly brought up in discussion here. There is no chance of this ever happening.

I know. But Disney's Dark Kingdom and hopes of a Villains theme 5th gate are constantly brought up in discussion here. There is no chance of this ever happening.
I'm sure disney has a rough blue sky drawing of what this would be but I agree it will never happen. It has been thought about tho.

Ha ha!!!! I'm very happy that it's not just me that thinks this. I'm looking forward to Disney Springs and there is plenty of prime real estate for new Villain free stuff at DHS, AK and Epcot!! :)

I'm sure disney has a rough blue sky drawing of what this would be but I agree it will never happen. It has been thought about tho.
Are you serious????? :confused3 I thought it was just a rumor..... but I believe you. Disney's Dark Kingdom would never work.....and I'm glad it will never happen!! :)

Are you serious????? :confused3 I thought it was just a rumor..... but I believe you. Disney's Dark Kingdom would never work.....and I'm glad it will never happen!! :)

I fail to see how the the fact that there is no villian rides or anything of that sort now makes it to where a villian park would never work. If anything, that would make it more successful, they would have a fresh slate to create all new rides. If there were already a bunch of villian rides in the other parks, then I would argue that would make it less practical.

I think a villian park would be very successful if it was given the same creative thought and budget of other parks. They can tap into virtually every disney movie ever made. Personally, I would like to see this more as a land as apposed to a whole park (like cars land), but I am not going to say that is would be impossible and would never happen.

I think they have many different plans for a fifth gate and I'm sure WDW will get one it's just it probably won't be for another 15-20 years.

I'm guessing that if there were to be a 5th gate it will be something along the nature of Tokyo Disney Seas. That's pretty different from the current four parks.

I'm guessing that if there were to be a 5th gate it will be something along the nature of Tokyo Disney Seas. That's pretty different from the current four parks.
I agree but disney always comes up with some interesting things I'm sure there are tons of ideas out there it's just which are more feasible than others. Imagineering has people that all they do is think and draw up concepts.

I do not think Disney will make a 5th gate in general because they already have success with 4 and even with ticket prices higher each year the masses still attend, myself included.

As for the theme of a Disney Gilliam park, that is so overrated and I don't think can withstand enough attention from park goers to fit the bill for an entire park.

I do not think Disney will make a 5th gate in general because they already have success with 4 and even with ticket prices higher each year the masses still attend, myself included. As for the theme of a Disney Gilliam park, that is so overrated and I don't think can withstand enough attention from park goers to fit the bill for an entire park.
Well as for it not being popular I think I would disagree but it's not going to happen. Just look at the masses of people that come out for villain events like the sold out event in DHS villains unleashed. I don't think disney should do a full gate on it but some attractions would be nice.

Good thing all the disney executives on this board can tell me with certainty that there will never be a 5th gate!!

Good thing all the disney executives on this board can tell me with certainty that there will never be a 5th gate!!

There will be a 5th gate. First will come the announcement of DHS and Epcot expansions. I hope soon but should be before.the end of year. I hope they do it this month. Then it will depend on how the Poly DVC sales go. If they sell quickly and the next DVC can be confirmed along with some more hotels announced for Flamingo Crossing more expansions can announced in 2016. The key to it all is how the DVC sales and Flamingo Crossing do. The 2 expansions along with Pandora should bring the capacity of the 4 parks to the point they can handle the crowds of 70 million that there should be in 2021.

If the economy does improve and TDO finds it sells DVC faster and Flamingo Crossing does better and could be completed by 2021 then either a 2nd expansion at AK would be needed or a 5th gate. This all depends on the economy. In any case there will be a 5th gate it's just a matter of time. I still believe there is a good chance of the 5th gate to open in 2021 but if I am wrong it will be 2030 at the latest. I don't see how a Disney World can have a capacity of 100 million without a 5th gate.

I certainly hope you are aware that this is a general discussion board and we are all just expressing our opinion.

I fail to see how the the fact that there is no villian rides or anything of that sort now makes it to where a villian park would never work. If anything, that would make it more successful, they would have a fresh slate to create all new rides. If there were already a bunch of villian rides in the other parks, then I would argue that would make it less practical.

I think a villian park would be very successful if it was given the same creative thought and budget of other parks. They can tap into virtually every disney movie ever made. Personally, I would like to see this more as a land as apposed to a whole park (like cars land), but I am not going to say that is would be impossible and would never happen.
Sorry- but this will only appeal to a handful of people with a Villain fetish not the overall mass population!!!! The little Halloween party and Hallowishes and Villain party are all amazing and great but there is no real demand for anything beyond that. Disney has already tested the market with the villains buffet and it was an abysmal failure!!

Yeah right!!!! Now- that hurts!! You know Disney isn't going to build anything grand like this!! :sad1:

I do not think Disney will make a 5th gate in general because they already have success with 4 and even with ticket prices higher each year the masses still attend, myself included.

As for the theme of a Disney Gilliam park, that is so overrated and I don't think can withstand enough attention from park goers to fit the bill for an entire park.
Yes!! These are all excellent points....completely agree!!!! The Villains 5th gate and Disney's Dark Kingdom is so overrated it is not even funny!! It will never happen!!!!

I believe there will be 5th gate in the far future.....but right now there is plenty of room in three parks!! The fifth gate will not have Disney's Dark Kingdom or a Villains theme!!

Well as for it not being popular I think I would disagree but it's not going to happen. Just look at the masses of people that come out for villain events like the sold out event in DHS villains unleashed. I don't think disney should do a full gate on it but some attractions would be nice.
It would only be popular in the fall for Halloween season and on Friday the 13th!!

There will be a 5th gate. First will come the announcement of DHS and Epcot expansions. I hope soon but should be before.the end of year. I hope they do it this month. Then it will depend on how the Poly DVC sales go. If they sell quickly and the next DVC can be confirmed along with some more hotels announced for Flamingo Crossing more expansions can announced in 2016. The key to it all is how the DVC sales and Flamingo Crossing do. The 2 expansions along with Pandora should bring the capacity of the 4 parks to the point they can handle the crowds of 70 million that there should be in 2021.

If the economy does improve and TDO finds it sells DVC faster and Flamingo Crossing does better and could be completed by 2021 then either a 2nd expansion at AK would be needed or a 5th gate. This all depends on the economy. In any case there will be a 5th gate it's just a matter of time. I still believe there is a good chance of the 5th gate to open in 2021 but if I am wrong it will be 2030 at the latest. I don't see how a Disney World can have a capacity of 100 million without a 5th gate.
Hmm.... this is very interesting!!!! I can see the 5th gate happening after Disney fills up the other parks but it won't be a villains themed park or Disney Dark Kingdom!!

I certainly hope you are aware that this is a general discussion board and we are all just expressing our opinion.
Ha ha!!!! That's right!! :rotfl:

I'm mostly just amused at how much the OP hates anything villian-related....! Enough to wear out the underlines and bolds!

Just because you have strong feelings about it doesn't mean Disney won't do/not do what you care about. See also:

1662064545_3c0962bd42.jpg

:sad::sad::sad:

(As far as the 5th gate goes, I think that's inevitable, but a long way off.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter