Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

My friends and I are stuck in a gondola about 100 yards before the Epcot station. We've been stuck for about an hour and a half already. They made an announcement a little bit ago telling us we could open the emergency kits for water. One of my friends is feeling pretty sick - she was already having some motion sickness from the regular flight and being stuck has not helped. The ride was pretty nice before we got stuck. I'm hoping no ome was hurt in whatever happened at the station.

My friends and I are stuck in a gondola about 100 yards before the Epcot station. We've been stuck for about an hour and a half already. They made an announcement a little bit ago telling us we could open the emergency kits for water. One of my friends is feeling pretty sick - she was already having some motion sickness from the regular flight and being stuck has not helped. The ride was pretty nice before we got stuck. I'm hoping no ome was hurt in whatever happened at the station.
Do the Skyliner cabins sway when stopped?

That’s crazy, I would have thought that there was enough backup means of running the line that an actual evacuation would be a practiced, but never used event. I guess the Riviera station broke too much for that.

That is horrible. Stay safe. Hope you get off soon!

They can’t move the line to evacuate guests due to the cabins having collided at the Ruviera Station. Having to evacuate each cabin individually from below.

Last edited:

Seeing all of the various stops they've had since he system started, including this 1, makes me wonder if the problem really isn't people who are riding the system, not the system itself! Even though this is the same type of system that is put in at ski resorts, the riders are very different.

At ski resorts the riders ride the lifts multiple times per day many days of the year. I'm sure most of the people riding the Disney system have never written a gondola in their life. In addition the gondolas are being loaded with young children, adults, grandparents, strollers, wheelchairs etc. The much wider range certainly is bound to cause problems. Unfortunately these problems can't be worked out over time because majority of the people visiting don't visit regularly enough to know how to use the system.

Rethinking my February choice in Pop big time now, thank God we are doing only 2 park days and heading to Universal for other 4,

The fireworks ended at 10:11pm at Epcot and they didn't tell the crowd that the Skyliner was down until they had gone through the International Gateway and reached the Skyliner entrance. Most of the crowd walked toward Boardwalk. Some went to the Beach Club to call an Uber or take the bus to AK, MK or Disney Springs.

I thought they should have warned people that the Skyliner was down before they exited Epcot.

The fireworks ended at 10:11pm at Epcot and they didn't tell the crowd that the Skyliner was down until they had gone through the International Gateway and reached the Skyliner entrance. Most of the crowd walked toward Boardwalk. Some went to the Beach Club to call an Uber or take the bus to AK, MK or Disney Springs.

I thought they should have warned people that the Skyliner was down before they exited Epcot.
Did they have bus transport lined up for them?

That is not good service. There should’ve been cm on the backside of the showcase and lining the bridge telling people it’s down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter