Disney possibly eliminating the filets

This is bad news. Signature restaurants, at the very least, should retain quality foodstuffs on their menu.

Foodstuffs?? If you're using such language, shouldn't it be "on their Bill of Fare??" :rotfl:

Danged smart people.... :rotfl2:

If filets are gone -- looks like we will do Universal next year. :mad:

Is it just the fillets/tenderloins that are being removed or are all steaks being removed from the menus? I enjoy the fillets, but I can be just as happy with a strip steak.

I'm stunned. I can't believe that the filets were even removed from Signature restaurants.

I find the timing to be rather interesting, however, as August 3rd was the start of free dining for U.K. guests.

I can't believe it.:scared1: I think I will be sick of chicken by the time I finish this 14 night trip. If there isn't a steak to be found that is the only other thing for me to eat-I don't like seafood. I carefully looked at all the menus when I booked our ADR's to make sure there was something I would eat. :headache:

I don't eat hamburgers-I don't think I could even eat one if I was getting paid a million dollars. Actually, I could keep going with all the things I don't eat. It's easier if I list the things I will eat.

I was thinking that ADR's at the "signature places" would be next to impossible to get if they were the only places filets could be found. Now I guess that's not a concern.

So, now we'll need a thread of nice places to stay off property that have decent transporation. Vacation is for an artery-clogging piece of filet!

It's not a rumor, it's already started happening. Brian Varley called me yesterday to tell me that the filet at Aritist Pointe was pulled. I've also heard that it's been pulled from the Kona Kafe menu as well.

What a shame.

Pete

I called the Poly yesterday to find out about Kona b/c we had an ADR for next Wednesday. They confirmed that after Saturday (tomorrow) the filet will not be on the menu. So I canceled our ressie since that was the only reason we were going there. Guess we'll be eating CS instead that night.

This is not good if it is removed from Narcoossees. We are going there next week and I was looking forward to their filet. I had it last year and it was the best ever. I hope I find out before I get there.

Wouldn't they be better off eliminating the $32 lobster tails at Captain Jack's?

I just found this thread and I am actually sick to my stomach. Guess we'll never be eating a full meal at Le Cellier again. A PP said that a strip steak is fine for them but I never eat any other cut of steak. :sad1:

What a ridiuclous way to conduct business... Disney has done some strange things in the past, but this takes the cake (or steak, really).

My DPs are there right now... I don't even know if they were aware this was going to happen.

A PP said that a strip steak is fine for them but I never eat any other cut of steak. :sad1:

Same here...other cuts aren't the same for me either.

I wonder if this change is permanent or a temporary one they are implementing during free dining?

I have never been a big fan of Filet Mignon.... but I love steak!

Please tell me they aren't removing all steaks!!!
My fav is NY Strip!

It's not a rumor, it's already started happening. Brian Varley called me yesterday to tell me that the filet at Aritist Pointe was pulled. I've also heard that it's been pulled from the Kona Kafe menu as well.

What a shame.

Pete

Anyword on the Mushroom Filet at LeCellier?

Just to clarify...this is only filets (tenderloin) and not all steak, correct? I never thought (if this was true) that it would be implemented so quickly. We had an ADR for Artist Pointe so DH could have the filet he liked so much last year. He's a VERY picky eater and this is just disastrous for us (me :sad2: ). We leave next month (yep, FREE dining). At this late date not sure what to do. AP is a 2 TS credit restaurant. I would have to get another one at 2 TS credits or try to get 2 separate ADRs on separate days for restaurants that are only 1 TS credit .....all at late notice.

Is it possible, you think, that maybe Disney will replace the filets w/ cheaper cuts like ribeyes? Or are they just doing away with beef all together?

I can not imagine they would even think about limiting the menu:thumbsup2

We do the Fantasmic dinner package every trip, and the filet was not there in April, (I don't remember if it was there in January). DH was not happy. I agree with the posters who think it should definitely by retained at the Signature restaurants. For 2 TS credits, I also think you should get an appetizer.

Since we now drive up from Naples, my DH keeps pushing "offsite, offsite," and I have resisted up till now (he doesn't drive). I may have to give it a try in February (We already have all of our ADR's for Dec.). Who knows what the new DDP for 09 will include and will not include.

I hate the thought of wasting all that time going offsite, but I think it is beginning to make more sense. We haven't really been too happy with the DDP, or a lot of the restaurants, this year. Well, we'll be there for 10 days in Feb, so that's as good a time as any to give offsite a try.

Whew! I think my crisis has been averted. I called just now and got the Yachtsman Steakhouse for 7:25. It's our last night so I don't mind eating a tiny bit later than usual. Make the magic last a bit longer! It was a shocker for me really. I thought they would either be full or only have late night availability. DH will have a few beef selections to choose from. Unless Disney decides to totally do away with beef. (DH) :mad: (Me):scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter