Disney possibly eliminating the filets

Good point about the off-site dining, SamIAm...but isn't it too bad that WDW restaurants don't feel the same way? I can't help but feel that their attitude is sometimes "They're here anyway...why bother with great food and service?" That's certainly not the philosophy Walt Disney World was founded on.

Also, great suggestion about the Applebees-style dining choices. It doesn't seem like it would be THAT difficult to create menus for dining plan guests (although it would diminish the value of the dining plan for those who enjoy using it.). We will not be using the DDP again, for other reasons, but it stinks to know that if I want a big fat steak I'm limited in my choices.

I did a lot of offsite dining on my last trip and I ate what I wanted to eat, at more reasonable prices, and I didn't feel like I was being held hostage any longer or being taken advantage of by Disney restaurants. There are so many nice restaurants within a five to ten minute drive of WDW. I used to be all about being in the Magic from sun up to sun down each day of my WDW vacation, but I found it really refreshing this last trip to get off WDW property and see some other things like Celebration. So many nice places to eat where you are actually treated really really well and they are happy to have you there.

:wizard:

I'm with you there. I've been staying offsite and dining offsite for the past 2 years, and I have to say it's been a lot better not being so stressed about the cost and the 180 day ADRs, not to mention the concern about getting my money's worth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter