Disney possibly eliminating the filets

I hope they dont do away with the filets! Its the only reason why Im going to Jiko..to get the Oak-Grilled Filet Mignon. If they are gonna remove it, they better do it either before I get there or after. I dont wanna get all the way to Jiko to learn they dont have it anymore. :mad:

If that happens, order the Maize-crusted and Seared Halibut. It's amazing.

I just bet that Disney is not making enough money off the dining plans, so they are tinkering with it in the name of shareholder profits. Just like raising all the prices for extras (fishing, RPE, strollers, & etc) it's a way for them to increase profits without really making people upset.

We gave up doing the DDP this year to eat off-site because we know it's cheaper and I was really upset with how much they've raised prices inside the parks.

also, if the problem is free dining, then either get rid of free dining, or limit the menu available to free dining during free dining...

I think getting rid of free dining might be the better option. They've eliminated the appetizer, eliminated the included tips, and now if they start eliminating entree items they might as well just eliminate free dining. I'd rather not have it than have someone tell me I can have the chicken, green beans, and vanilla pudding but not the tenderloin, asparagus, and creme brule.

Seriously? It's not the free dining. It would only affect their bottom line if EVERY person on the free dining ordered filet. I've been to WDW 6 times and can honestly say, I've never ordered a filet, free dining or not. I would say it's a rumor, PERIOD. When we take advantage of free dining, we don't take "advantage" and order the most expensive item on the menu. We order what we like or what interests us. Realistically, it won't happen. The beef industry wouldn't let it happen!

If the Disney higher ups remove the filet or anything like that from the dining plan I won't be purchasing the dining plan for my group again. This could be a good thing actually, because then I will be paying oop for all my dining, and will be free to go off site to eat :thumbsup2! As well as not being tied to Disney by the dining plan and the one or two meals staying at the Universal Resorts or near Sea World will become much more attractive :)!

Yes removing the filet from the dining plan sounds like a wonderful idea :rolleyes:. Way to go Disney, if this comes to pass.

It's not a rumor, it's already started happening. Brian Varley called me yesterday to tell me that the filet at Aritist Pointe was pulled. I've also heard that it's been pulled from the Kona Kafe menu as well.

What a shame.

Pete

It's not a rumor, it's already started happening. Brian Varley called me yesterday to tell me that the filet at Aritist Pointe was pulled. I've also heard that it's been pulled from the Kona Kafe menu as well.

What a shame.

Pete

Oh no! We have ADR's for both those places in October. DH is an adventurous eater, so this will not bother him...but I am not and I count on the filet for my dinner. Ugh! This is not good. :sad2:

What a shame.

Pete

Uhh, Pete. Artist Point never had a filet on its menu so how could it have been pulled? They do have a beef tenderloin - was that it?

What a shame.

Pete

Yikes, that is a suprise; at least they still have the bison (buffalo)... right?

If they dont remove the steaks off the whole menu and instead give the DDP people their own menu how many people do you think will buy the dining plan? They would have to lower the cost of the DDP in order to make it worth it to most people. (As it is its not that great of a value anymore with the tip and appetizer being removed from it.) I am not much of a steak eater so could care less either way. Matter of fact if we go back to Disney next year we will probably be using the counter service dining plan. Lets not come up with any ideas on how to make that more expensive now. :lmao: Such as needing to leave a tip for your cook and waiter. :sick: I can forsee that happening in the future though. :sad2: All of our goods and services are going up around the world however Disney seems to be excessively greedy lately. :mad:

What a shame.

Pete

Tell me it's not gone from Jiko, too! That ruins that stop for me.

Someone on the Restaurants board said the filet isn't on the Brown Derby menu anymore either. :sad2:

Tenderloin and filet are basically the same thing.

So, they removed the tenderloin from the menu at Artist Point? Even though this is a Signature restaurant?

This is bad news. Signature restaurants, at the very least, should retain quality foodstuffs on their menu.

And yes, I will avoid my favorite restaurant of all time, Jiko, if they take the filet off. I may not want to order it a particular day, but the filet on mac n cheese is my favorite dish there, and I can't help but be very, very disappointed if they don't have it.

This is bad news. Signature restaurants, at the very least, should retain quality foodstuffs on their menu.

I agree. With taking two TS credits on the dining plan, I don't get why they have to nix the filet at the signature restaurants. We don't use the DDP, so I guess this is why the change stings even more since I feel like we're being penalized for something we don't even use in the first place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter