• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney possibly eliminating the filets

Wanted to post that I just returned today and the filet is OFF of the menu at the Captain's Grill (YC). Also off the menu now is the entree of peel and eat shrimp at the WCC Cafe. (It is still on the skillet, but no longer an entree choice).

Evidently service is off the menu at the Captain's Grill, too!

Evidently service is off the menu at the Captain's Grill, too!

Actually we had a great server. He was very attentive and friendly. I did tell him I was looking forward to the filet. It was raining (Fay) and we were at the BCV, so we cancelled our other ADR and got one close to home. I checked online and saw the filet, but was disappointed to see the actual menu had changed. He said that the filet had just been removed and he thought it was a bad move. I had the prime rib and it was just so so, barely eatable. We will stick to lunch here in the future as I love the fish and chips here. No more dinners, but that is only because of the menu choices.

Just wanted to correct something in the prior posts. Artist Point never had a filet on its menu. They have always had a beef tenderloin, and it is still on the menu. So, the rumor of filets being taken of the menu at AP is incorrect.

Just wanted to correct something in the prior posts. Artist Point never had a filet on its menu. They have always had a beef tenderloin, and it is still on the menu. So, the rumor of filets being taken of the menu at AP is incorrect.

Filet Mignon is beef tenderloin. When was the last time you visited AP?

Forgive me because I really cannot remember where I read this, but I read somewhere on-line that they have also quietly starting removing "more expensive" items off the buffets. It wasn't specific as to the items, but that was the comment.

I'm not much of a foodie. When I'm at Disney I like a nice meal, but we don't do much signature dining, but when we DO, a filet is always my choice. And we aren't on the dining plan either...so now, if I know I can't get a filet, my choice will probably go somewhere cheaper. Why go to an expensive restaurant, if I have to settle for something I don't really want?

We were in the World last week, and I can confrim that the filet has been removed from the menu at Kona. There is now a New York strip steak that I don't think had been on the menu before. (Deb's menu on allears is up to date.)

Yesterday

I posted this in a separate thread but you are so correct. I called AP tonight and spoke w/ a manager and they are indeed still serving the tenderloin (filet) w/ no plans of removing it. Thank goodness. DH has been complaining ever since this news was 'announced'. :sad2:

Had a delicious fillet there tonight. Also saw fillet on the menu at Portobello Yacht Club.:goodvibes

I didn't read the whole thread but I am so tired of the cutbacks and price hikes on the menus that are not in keeping with the reality of food prices--I know prices had to go up based on the economy, but many of the menu price hikes and offering reductions are in many ways related to the DDP (any form of it). Why not do what the other chain restaurants do when they offer the three course meal--set up a specific menu--how about how Applebess is set up now--your price is determined by the entree you choose, but you have a limited number of apps, entrees and desserts to choose from. If you have a dining plan you have to go with these or pay an upcharge oop. Variety would stay on the menu and prices would not be raised unrealistically to meet the shortfall from the DDP.
I for one cancelled a good number of ADR's in July becasue we were disappointed by the lack of offerings and not so great quality of the foods as well as the waitstaff. When asked why I was cancelling I didn't hesitate to share the reason. I doubt anyone will care about the four of us not eating at WDW but if more people pull themselves away it may make a difference.

I can confirm that the filet is still on the menu at LeCellier.

I agree with the OP. We dont use the DDP and I dont understand why my dining choices have to be so limited because of it. Different foods cost Disney different amounts of money, and those prices should be reflected in the menu prices.

The filet is also still on the LeCellier menu.

We were in the World last week, and I can confrim that the filet has been removed from the menu at Kona. There is now a New York strip steak that I don't think had been on the menu before. (Deb's menu on allears is up to date.)

That is the only reason we cancelled our dinner at the Kona and made a reservation at Le Ceiller. My sister didn't see anything else she wanted on the Kona menu. She wanted the filet, so it is off to Canada we go!

I didn't read the whole thread but I am so tired of the cutbacks and price hikes on the menus that are not in keeping with the reality of food prices--I know prices had to go up based on the economy, but many of the menu price hikes and offering reductions are in many ways related to the DDP (any form of it). Why not do what the other chain restaurants do when they offer the three course meal--set up a specific menu--how about how Applebess is set up now--your price is determined by the entree you choose, but you have a limited number of apps, entrees and desserts to choose from. If you have a dining plan you have to go with these or pay an upcharge oop. Variety would stay on the menu and prices would not be raised unrealistically to meet the shortfall from the DDP.
I for one cancelled a good number of ADR's in July becasue we were disappointed by the lack of offerings and not so great quality of the foods as well as the waitstaff. When asked why I was cancelling I didn't hesitate to share the reason. I doubt anyone will care about the four of us not eating at WDW but if more people pull themselves away it may make a difference.

BRAVO!!!

I too am tired of the price hikes and cut backs from Disney. They are taking away, but raising prices and give us nothing for it. This upcoming trip I have planned, if I follow through with it, will be my last trip to WDW. We are now booking other vacations.

We already cancelled our cruise with Disney and booked with somebody else.

Bytheblood, well said, I guess for those that only go once, they will never know the difference, but it feels like a kick to the gut for the repeat guests to keep swallowing these changes.

BRAVO!!!

I too am tired of the price hikes and cut backs from Disney. They are taking away, but raising prices and give us nothing for it. This upcoming trip I have planned, if I follow through with it, will be my last trip to WDW. We are now booking other vacations.

We already cancelled our cruise with Disney and booked with somebody else.

I admire your conviction...only with dropping attendance and revenue will a change be effected.

But only one of them. They pulled the filet with Maple BBQ Sauce off. :( That was the better of the 2.

Must have been the higher price of Maple BBQ sauce that tipped the scales. :goodvibes

I did a lot of offsite dining on my last trip and I ate what I wanted to eat, at more reasonable prices, and I didn't feel like I was being held hostage any longer or being taken advantage of by Disney restaurants. There are so many nice restaurants within a five to ten minute drive of WDW. I used to be all about being in the Magic from sun up to sun down each day of my WDW vacation, but I found it really refreshing this last trip to get off WDW property and see some other things like Celebration. So many nice places to eat where you are actually treated really really well and they are happy to have you there.

:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter