Disney on Ice..do we need front row?

Rock'n Robin

Disney Queen
We saw a version of Disney on Ice 4 years ago and had the very front row. It was pretty cool. The kids were 2,5 and 8 at the time. Now the "100 years of Magic" version is coming and tickets go on sale tomorrow. With the kids now 6,9 and 12, is front row necessary to enjoy the show? I know I don't want to be way in the back, but those first few rows are expensive!
Robin M.

No, front row is not 'mandantory'. You can still see plenty a bunch of rows back. Just don't cheap out and get the nosebleed seats.

We never get front row anymore. Tried it once and we really couldn't get a good view of everything going on at once. We have been to every Disney on Ice show there is and have a preference to what we want and get. We always get sections 109 or 110, row G or H and on the aisle. I know that sounds picky but the view is perfect and being on the aisle makes it easier to get out to get something. After going once at front row I vowed never to do it again.

I think the first several bleacher rows would be fine. We splurged for "floor" seats because you were told you would get "character interaction". When the show was over, the let us walk up rinkside and all of the characters skated up for 10 seconds total. My boys got to shake Prince Charming's hand and snow white kissed them, but that was it. I thought we would get more time with several characters.

Not worth the extra $50 or so that it cost us, IMO.

We don't even get the 2nd level of pricing seats. We sit more up in the middle area of the lower level. When you sit too low it's hard to see what's going on at the other end of the ice. We actually sat in the very last row of the lower level in a corner once (someone's birthday party, so I didn't buy the tickets) and we actually had the best view ever. The kids could stand if they wanted and we had a clear view of the entire rink.

Since everybody else said "Nay", let me be the first to highly recommend those front row seats. We've been to a couple different events now, once with front row, once without, and enjoyed the front row seats MUCH more than the others (which weren't bad). DD was 3 at the time, and she LOVED being down next to the action...and she even got a souvenir from Jane (this was the Tarzan show).

Tickets for the Beauty and the Beast on Ice show just went on sale here on Monday...and we were on the phone at the time they went on sale to make SURE we got front row. To us, the extra $5 or $10 a ticket is well worth it.

wvrevy said:
Tickets for the Beauty and the Beast on Ice show just went on sale here on Monday...and we were on the phone at the time they went on sale to make SURE we got front row. To us, the extra $5 or $10 a ticket is well worth it.

Wow, only $5-10? If it were only that much difference here I might consider it, but the front row tickets where I am run at least $55 a piece. The seats I get are $18 or $10 if it's opening night.

We've done the higher-up seats and front row, and all agreed we'd never go again if we couldn't get front row (and we've stuck to it). It's *that* much better. :)

I had front row seats once, and I didn't like them. Never again for me at an ice show.

wvrevy said:
Since everybody else said "Nay", let me be the first to highly recommend those front row seats. We've been to a couple different events now, once with front row, once without, and enjoyed the front row seats MUCH more than the others (which weren't bad). DD was 3 at the time, and she LOVED being down next to the action...and she even got a souvenir from Jane (this was the Tarzan show).

I still think the slightly higher rows are better. Believe me, it isn't about the cost. I pay rack rate to stay at the Poly without blinking an eye! LOL! I just perfer the view of being about 10 rows off the front. It puts us up higher which is great since were are vertically challenged!

The prices are $35/$25/$18/$14. So going to the second level would save our family of 5 $50 (and probably make up for the ticket charges, LOL).
Robin M.

We've been to DOI twice, and both times we were on the second level. Although I'm sure being closer has it's benefits, we were perfectly happy where we were. :D

anybody got a promo code for disney on ice.. we are getting Toy Story 2 !! Thanks Michelle

Check out mousesavers.com.....They had a few discount codes...unfortunately, they DIDN'T have any promo codes that would allow early ticket sales...

Great thanks !! MIchellel

I think it ultimately depends on what you value.

If you want to get a slightly better sense of the action (e.g. a sporting event), then you should not get front row. But then, all the skaters look like miniatures on ice.

If you want to see the faces/expressions of the skaters while they perform, then get front row.

Having seen videos of both seating perspectives, I know I'll get front row at the Disney on Ice: Frozen performance. There's simply to much great acting going on for me to miss by sitting "away" from the action .

Your question reminds me of a Disney on Ice that we took our girls to several years ago. We lucked out and got front row seats, or so we thought. Right before the show started the arena staff brought in 10 or so folding chairs and sat a group of women with small children right in front of us. The children spent at least half of the show climbing and standing on their chairs. So much for that front row view. I have always wondered what made this group so special that a row better than row 1 was created for them.

We've been to DOI twice, and both times we were on the second level. Although I'm sure being closer has it's benefits, we were perfectly happy where we were. :D

Same here. When I went into buy tickets for Frozen, I didn't even look at the first tier and bought tickets on the front row of the second tier. I like having the overall vision of the floor you get that way.

I'm another who sees no real benefit from front row. Last year, we got the last row in the bottom section and I was worried. Until the show started. As others have said, DD1 could stand up without worrying about impeding others sight lines, and we could see everything. Even better, we could get out at intermission to go to the bathroom & get back before the people with front row seats had even made it to the top of the steps. I was happy when we got similar seats for this year's show!

Same here. When I went into buy tickets for Frozen, I didn't even look at the first tier and bought tickets on the front row of the second tier. I like having the overall vision of the floor you get that way.

IMO, front row seats in the second tier are the overall best seats in the house. Not just for ice shows, but for hockey, baseball, Broadway theatre, and other events as well. Some venues are catching on and have started pricing such seats at or near the same price as much closer seats. But there are still plenty of places where front row of the mezzanine is a bargain for the great view.

Best seats ever: the extra row they built hanging off the front of the balcony at the old Boston Garden.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!