Memorial Day 2022 return trip 4 years in the making need help getting back up to speed.

connor2002

Mouseketeer
Bama Ed,
Looks like we are going to make a return trip to the fort Late May. It is so nice to see that you and and others are still active. I am looking forward to dive in the threads to see all of the changes. Our last trip was June 2018 , My trip report was not good and it looks like my 10 year history of pictures is gone. shooting for a two week stay. We use to stay in the loop 600 meadows but this trip I want to be close to the best place in the fort Crockett's Tavern. Got the fort bug again :)

Hi Steve :wave2: You have a long drive to get to WDW as I recall. Still in California?

Lots of changes for you to catch up on and most of them are not for the better IMO.

What level of site do you have reserved? Premium and Preferred loops are nearest the Settlement area where Trails End, the Trading Post, Pioneer Hall, the boat docks and Crockett's is.

You'll need to reserve your park days, buy your tickets to match, and then book ADR's at 60+10 from arrival day (6am Eastern on-line, 7am Eastern phone). Yeah, not good for you in your time zone if you want hard-to-get ADR's. If you care.

For now, though, glad to hear from you. Wish I could sync up a visit and I could watch you cook/smoke meats in person. :rolleyes:

You got time to work it out.

Ed

PS - I just left the Fort Friday (see the last couple pages of the pinned January 2022 Trip Report thread). There were several of us there.

PPS - some trips now I do a trip report AFTER I get home. I do them from home in consecutive days working from notes or pictures. Doing a LIVE TR is getting harder. But I've been trying to do as many live posts as possible. And people seem to like pix more than my walls of textual descriptions.

OK,
I had to "wait" to get a couple of reservations in the premium meadows loop and confirmed Memorial Day weekend arriving Saturday, stayinging for two weeks or so. still numb after the tickets were purchased. We have 3 tv's in our group... All my photo bucket pics are dead in the the group. I need to get up to speed on iPhone and posting pictures. I did manage to get 5 day done ys id Destin to break the trip up a bit on the way down. My first trip was in 2011 and wow have the the prices have changed! Hope to get q little magic, will bring the smoker.......Looking forward to the pool and wings at the Crockett......

I feel your pain, Steve, on the ticket prices. I am sitting on six adult 3-day non-park hoppers for our visit later this year and I was like :scared1:.

Tickets are non-refundable. I considered going to a package which at least means I can drop ticket cost if someone backs out. But then with packages you have to buy tix based on length of stay. I don't visit the parks much (not even every other day). In our 2-week visit I will use 3 days - that's more my speed.

Hope you find some magic :tinker: (let us know where you find it :rolleyes:).

Ed

Just FYI, you don't have to buy tickets for length of stay for packages- the initial quote when you try to book online is for 1 ticket/per person/per park/per day but if you click to follow through, you can customize it (there is a minimum of 2 days for tickets for a package, though)...here's just an example:

Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 1.57.45 PM.png

Of course with room only reservations you can cancel later if necessary, but this may give some more flexibility with those tickets....

that's good to know, @tetera.

Even a 2-day ticket has to use both days within 4 days (which counts from the first park day). But that does give me the option of not having to do back-to-back park days or even one day off in-between. I could do two days off in-between park days which would be a good break for me and DW.

Bama Ed

FWIW I was thinking about it so checked again and I don't think it actually needs to be used within four days - I think that's just because that was the length of the example trip I was selecting before - I looked at a trip for ~2 weeks (this is for the cabins instead of the campsites because the campsites weren't available for these specific example dates, but I assume it is the same policy for tickets, and it just said they needed to be used any days during that trip.)

Example trip check in September 11, Check out September 25th, buy three days worth of tickets as part of a package, and they are valid any three days:
Screen Shot 2022-05-29 at 3.08.39 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-29 at 3.08.51 PM.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter