Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also wouldn't be surprised if like we saw with Hulu at one point when coloration happens that there is some ownership stake involved - streaming service gets the content in return for some percentage of the company or something. That helps both. The person selling gets some of the profits and isn't in just a contract situation. The streaming service benefits since that content isn't part of just a contract so there is no danger of it leaving the company.

I always thought the original Hulu model made a lot of sense, joint ventures that bring content and shared ownership/profit. Then that model fell apart with NBC going their own streaming way and Fox selling out to Disney. Would not be surprised at all to see it come back full circle after the inevitable consolidation.

I always thought the original Hulu model made a lot of sense, joint ventures that bring content and shared ownership/profit. Then that model fell apart with NBC going their own streaming way and Fox selling out to Disney. Would not be surprised at all to see it come back full circle after the inevitable consolidation.

Agree and if you structure things right you avoid the most annoying thing about streaming which is starting to watch a show and then it dissapers because the contract expired and the show dissapers without giving a heads-up to anybody and you still have 2 more seasons to go.

A relevant article to this discussion:

Media mogul Haim Saban explains why the Fox-Disney merger ‘stumped’ him

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/haim...y-merger-stumped-him-145947284.html?.tsrc=rss
Mentions how Fox realized they needed more scale and content to be a player in streaming and that there was no way they could buy enough so they sold out to Disney. I can't imagine the Sony library is larger than Fox's was, so could they even launch a service?

As Mit said, probably better to license their stuff to the big 3 or 4 streamers.

Their main property’s are

Spiderman
Men in Black
Jumanji
21 Jump Street
Ghostbusters
Stuart Little
Cloudy with a chance of meatballs
Karate Kid
Charlie’s Angels
Hotel Transylvania
Smurfs
Bad Boys

While they have valuable properties to make money on new ventures, I just can’t imagine them doing very well on their own in the streaming wars.

Their main property’s are

Spiderman
Men in Black
Jumanji
21 Jump Street
Ghostbusters
Stuart Little
Cloudy with a chance of meatballs
Karate Kid
Charlie’s Angels
Hotel Transylvania
Smurfs
Bad Boys

While they have valuable properties to make money on new ventures, I just can’t imagine them doing very well on their own in the streaming wars.

That is on the movie side. On the TV side they have a good bit to offer but probably not enough for their own service. They will need to partner with somebody.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/comi...treaming-service-next-month-a181785#gs.r5nb5w
Disney+ Announces MARVEL'S BEHIND THE MASK Documentary Special Coming To Streaming Service Next Month

Marvel's Behind the Mask will debut on Disney+ on February 12th, and this documentary special promises to delve into the power of identity behind some of the Marvel Universe's most iconic superheroes. It's said that we can expect guests from across Marvel's entire 80-year legacy, including the writers and artists behind the rise of characters like Black Panther, Miles Morales, Ms. Marvel, Luke Cage, the X-Men, Captain Marvel, and many others.

As the synopsis explains, "From the very inception of comic books, secret identities have been an integral part of both superheroes and villains leading 'normal' lives. But it’s the characters beneath that resonate within us across generations of fans."

"Since the advent of the Marvel Age of Comics in the early 1960s, Marvel’s writers and artists have used the notion of identities to examine the evolving concept of equal rights. These legendary Marvel creations and stories have not only reflected the world outside our window – they have become a reflection of our own identities and who we truly are."

Marvel's Behind the Mask is produced by Marvel New Media with Tarmac Creative. The film is directed by Michael Jacobs and produced by Chris Gary and Ryan Simon for Tarmac Creative and Strike Anywhere. Joe Quesada, Shane Rahmani, Stephen Wacker, John Cerilli, Harry Go, and Sarah Amos serve as Executive Producers for Marvel.

YES. I actually own to first three seasons on DVD. Such a wonderful show. Bring me Veternarians Hospital. STAT

WHAT??? Oh Come on. K2 is the best.

I have a feeling we may see how Cassian get's K2 - i.e. they're saving it for a last minute surprise. It might be a minor thing but it seems unlikely that they wouldn't include him at all. I seem to remember Bill Burr saying he was not in Mando season 2 - but then he was.

I have a feeling we may see how Cassian get's K2 - i.e. they're saving it for a last minute surprise. It might be a minor thing but it seems unlikely that they wouldn't include him at all. I seem to remember Bill Burr saying he was not in Mando season 2 - but then he was.

And Sasha Banks said the 1 episode was all she was going to be in. Favreau has learned from the best (Feige) to make sure these actors are always lying to the media

Person that did those incredible comic covers for Mando each week is back with WandaVision cover. I really wish they’d sell these because I would have bought every single Mando cover and this WandaVision one.

0E4DC9ED-8492-45E6-B3A9-D47F3944742E.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!