Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reserving judgement on Wandavision. Watched them, was interested, but not hooked. We will see how it builds. I'm willing to be patient but I suspect it will not be an immediate success. It might have worked better as a season dump as I suspect many people casual people won't stick with it after the first two episodes.

Once we get into the episodes where there’s more substance, the weekly model will be warranted. Talking and speculating about what the heck just happened is more conducive than having 6 hours worth of content to talk about all at once. I hate the content dump model. It’s a race to who can finish the season of Stranger Things first to get their feelings out there on Twitter or YouTube. I hate that because it forces the normal watcher to rush through a season to be able to have a conversation about it with other people. Stranger Things is a topic of conversation for less than a week after it’s released

Once we get into the episodes where there’s more substance, the weekly model will be warranted. Talking and speculating about what the heck just happened is more conducive than having 6 hours worth of content to talk about all at once. I hate the content dump model. It’s a race to who can finish the season of Stranger Things first to get their feelings out there on Twitter or YouTube. I hate that because it forces the normal watcher to rush through a season to be able to have a conversation about it with other people. Stranger Things is a topic of conversation for less than a week after it’s released
Also have a couple of weeks the hype dies off with full releases. Weekly episodes for a show like this is the way to go

Agree. I like speculation between episodes. Lost was the penicle of that. However a show like this you know you are going to get most of the answers by the end of the series so once you know the answers you know the answers and there is nothing to discuss...and lots to spoil.

Agree. I like speculation between episodes. Lost was the penicle of that. However a show like this you know you are going to get most of the answers by the end of the series so once you know the answers you know the answers and there is nothing to discuss...and lots to spoil.

I don’t think once the season ends that we’ll have all the answers. WandaVision is essentially Part 1 of a trilogy of interconnected properties. WandaVision leads into Spider-Man 3 which leads into the “finale” Doctor Strange 2. So I absolutely think they’re going to leave things up for interpretation leading into those movies. The “show” will have a conclusion of sorts, but won’t have a typical ending

I don’t think once the season ends that we’ll have all the answers. WandaVision is essentially Part 1 of a trilogy of interconnected properties. WandaVision leads into Spider-Man 3 which leads into the “finale” Doctor Strange 2. So I absolutely think they’re going to leave things up for interpretation leading into those movies. The “show” will have a conclusion of sorts, but won’t have a typical ending

That is why i said most and not all. I think the big questions of why are they stuck in TV shows and why vision is alive will be answered and that will then lead into what is next. Kinda like a season finale that answers questions but then raises new ones.

Also have a couple of weeks the hype dies off with full releases. Weekly episodes for a show like this is the way to go

I see it like this. Critics and influencers have seen 3 episodes already and there are quite a few that are toeing the line of spoiling the 3rd episode. “Well I think you’ll get an answer for this in episode 3 😉,but I’m not going to spoil it for you”.Well, You kind of did just spoil it because you said this thing gets answered in the 3rd episode. Everyone wants to give they’re feelings of what they’ve seen. Unfortunately not everyone has 6 hours to sit back and watch every episode if it all came out yesterday.

I see it like this. Critics and influencers have seen 3 episodes already and there are quite a few that are toeing the line of spoiling the 3rd episode. “Well I think you’ll get an answer for this in episode 3 😉,but I’m not going to spoil it for you”.Well, You kind of did just spoil it because you said this thing gets answered in the 3rd episode. Everyone wants to give they’re feelings of what they’ve seen. Unfortunately not everyone has 6 hours to sit back and watch every episode if it all came out yesterday.

And discussions of things between episodes like what happened at the end of episode 2 only generates more interest in the show.

You are not going to tell me the ending scene of Mandalorian episode 1 this season didn't generate buzz and get people wanting to tune in.

That's what I was going to say, about Lost. I love the weekly release format, gives you time to breathe and speculate.

Imagine how Lost would have gone if the entire season was dumped on the same day.

Social media is a big deal for advertising. If everyone is discussing episode one on Twitter and it's trending that will make others want to watch.

I think the dumping format harms shows more than it helps. If there were a week in between Stranger Things episodes or Witcher episodes to let people talk and theorize I think it'd be better. I remember a lot of frenzy over the Witcher in particular but it was over in a few weeks because everything was released together.

While I'm huge into star wars and know all the books and weird side stories, for marvel I only watch the movies. So I may have a bit of a different perspective from people who have read all the comics.

I think the first two episodes were intriguing and make me want to watch more.

I was getting some major Pleasantville vibes. Only to be expected though since that movie did such a tremendous job thematically with black and white and color.

Really enjoying Kathryn Hahn's character.

My theory is that the whole story is just a fabricated reality Wanda made for herself. She's basically lost everyone she cared about during her traumatic life.

This is her way of having a life with Vision.

Looks like outside forces are trying to break into that reality. Probably good and bad.

What was that though with the boss choking and the wife just kept repeating the same thing? Was that reality trying to break in?

Also, I'm unsure what the limit of Wanda's powers are.

If she wills herself pregnant, could she actually be having kids in real life?

But if this series is based off a comic people probably know exactly what's going on already.

Last edited:
While I'm huge into star wars and know all the books and weird side stories, for marvel I only watch the movies. So I may have a bit of a different perspective from people who have read all the comics.

I was getting some major Pleasantville vibes. Only to be expected though since that movie did such a tremendous job thematically with black and white and color.

I agree. And I completely agree with your spoiler guess.

My theory is that the whole story is just a fabricated reality Wanda made for herself. She's basically lost everyone she cared about during her traumatic life.

This is her way of having a life with Vision.

Looks like outside forces are trying to break into that reality. Probably good and bad.

What was that though with the boss choking and the wife just kept repeating the same thing? Was that reality trying to break in?

Also, I'm unsure what the limit of Wanda's powers are.

If she wills herself pregnant, could she actually be having kids in real life?

But if this series is based off a comic people probably know exactly what's going on already.

There is a comic series that seems to be the inspiration for this series but it is not a 1:1 translation and as a comic reader I have no more idea what is going on then you do and there are a lot of easter eggs from the comics in the show.

MCU and Feige have done a good job of using comics as the starting point but doing their own thing and not trying to translate a comic frame for frame to the screen. They keep the spirit of the comics to the point people don't complain "it really happened this way" but still translate them to a new medium in a new way. That is the brilliance of what Feige was done for MCU.

There is a comic series that seems to be the inspiration for this series but it is not a 1:1 translation and as a comic reader I have no more idea what is going on then you do and there are a lot of easter eggs from the comics in the show.

MCU and Feige have done a good job of using comics as the starting point but doing their own thing and not trying to translate a comic frame for frame to the screen. They keep the spirit of the comics to the point people don't complain "it really happened this way" but still translate them to a new medium in a new way. That is the brilliance of what Feige was done for MCU.

Civil War is the best example. It’s the same, but it’s not.

Wandavision is “based” on 3 different comic series’

House of M
Tom Kings Vision
And West Coast Avengers late 80s run

The locals appear to not be happy:

‘Star Wars’ spinoff has sleepy English village ready for galactic dogfight

https://nypost.com/2021/01/16/star-wars-spinoff-has-english-village-ready-for-a-dogfight/
And they keep saying it’s for the Orbi Wan show as @Mit88 said earlier which is weird. The other odd part in an article I saw earlier was that they expect the set to be up for 3 years (and stupid Daily Mail made it sound like Obi Wan would be filming for 3 years). Wonder if this set will be used for multiple shows in the Star Wars show universe. Andor, Kenobi, possibly Mando and Boba Fett too (Especially if it is Tatooine).

And they keep saying it’s for the Orbi Wan show as @Mit88 said earlier which is weird. The other odd part in an article I saw earlier was that they expect the set to be up for 3 years (and stupid Daily Mail made it sound like Obi Wan would be filming for 3 years). Wonder if this set will be used for multiple shows in the Star Wars show universe. Andor, Kenobi, possibly Mando and Boba Fett too (Especially if it is Tatooine).

The Obi Wan rumor originally came from The Sun UK and other sites ran with it. It’s since been debunked

The Obi Wan rumor originally came from The Sun UK and other sites ran with it. It’s since been debunked
Unfortunately so many will read these first round of articles and continue to think it’s for Obi Wan because these sites will never adjust their stories or even report on it again. It was all clickbait today for the uproar in the community and it’ll just be stuck in peoples heads that it’s for Obi Wan.
I still wonder though about the 3 years remark and if this set (since it does look huge) will be used for multiple projects.

Unfortunately so many will read these first round of articles and continue to think it’s for Obi Wan because these sites will never adjust their stories or even report on it again. It was all clickbait today for the uproar in the community and it’ll just be stuck in peoples heads that it’s for Obi Wan.
I still wonder though about the 3 years remark and if this set (since it does look huge) will be used for multiple projects.

Well I knew it was fake as soon as the article stated that production starts in March. They started a few weeks ago. The March date was from the investor day call and has since been pushed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter