Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep but they are only about 1 minute each so...

Idk why I expected it to be the 4-5 minute shorts that we’ve seen with Toy Story, Forky etc in the past when they revealed that type of content separately with Dug Days and the Cars shorts, but I’m still disappointed that they’re only a minute and have no dialogue. I get it costs money to bring the voice talent in, but I can’t imagine it being terribly expensive to make 2-3 minute popcorn shorts with even just a small amount of dialogue

Idk why I expected it to be the 4-5 minute shorts that we’ve seen with Toy Story, Forky etc in the past when they revealed that type of content separately with Dug Days and the Cars shorts, but I’m still disappointed that they’re only a minute and have no dialogue. I get it costs money to bring the voice talent in, but I can’t imagine it being terribly expensive to make 2-3 minute popcorn shorts with even just a small amount of dialogue
They are cute and fun no doubt. Definitely more excited for those things like Dug days and stuff.

After watching WandaVision, I think it’s time to accept that this series might not be for everyone. If you don’t “get it” by the end of episode 3, I’m not sure they’re going to get you hooked as we go on.

Not as many Easter eggs in this episode, on my first watch, as the first 2. Obviously Tommy and Billy, the Ultron and Pietro references, but those I don’t really consider to be OMG moments.

I did laugh when Wanda’s accent came back when she said “Pietro” like a “We’ve heard the complaints that Wanda’s accent slowly just disappeared from AoU through Endgame”

One EE I caught was when Dotties husband ( can’t remember his name, was it Joe?) reading the newspaper and the front cover headline is talking about the town getting a new fire hydrant, but he had the newspaper folded to just read “Hydra”. Is hydra purely being hinted at in this series because they’re engrained in her past, or will these nods to hydra come back in a meaningful way?

I think Agnes is playing coy (if you notice that word “coy” is paired in a lot of scenes with Agnes, the newspaper, the dish detergent company). I think she’s playing this up with the other neighbor ( also can’t remember his name) that Geraldine (Monica) doesn’t belong. I still totally think Agnes is at least partially behind this along with Mephisto aka Ralph, the husband we suspiciously have yet to see.

All in all, great episode. I hope the rumors are true that the episodes will get longer now. And with the exposure of the bubble, I’m hopeful that we get more than 2-3 minutes of the “outside world” going forward.

Feige said last week or the week before that some shows will be 1 season, others will have multiple. I was always under the impression WandaVision would only be 1 season. Not knowing how the season ends, but knowing this story continues into Spider-Man 3, and concludes in Doctor Strange 2, I’m not sure how they’d do a season 2 of Wandavision. To me, the multiple season shows are, Loki which has already been green lit for season 2. She Hulk. Moon Knight and maybe Iron Heart

Now if they want to give us these characters in a sitcom environment with no side story, I’d definitely be down to watch an actual WandaVision sitcom.

After watching WandaVision, I think it’s time to accept that this series might not be for everyone. If you don’t “get it” by the end of episode 3, I’m not sure they’re going to get you hooked as we go on.

Not as many Easter eggs in this episode, on my first watch, as the first 2. Obviously Tommy and Billy, the Ultron and Pietro references, but those I don’t really consider to be OMG moments.

I did laugh when Wanda’s accent came back when she said “Pietro” like a “We’ve heard the complaints that Wanda’s accent slowly just disappeared from AoU through Endgame”

One EE I caught was when Dotties husband ( can’t remember his name, was it Joe?) reading the newspaper and the front cover headline is talking about the town getting a new fire hydrant, but he had the newspaper folded to just read “Hydra”. Is hydra purely being hinted at in this series because they’re engrained in her past, or will these nods to hydra come back in a meaningful way?

I think Agnes is playing coy (if you notice that word “coy” is paired in a lot of scenes with Agnes, the newspaper, the dish detergent company). I think she’s playing this up with the other neighbor ( also can’t remember his name) that Geraldine (Monica) doesn’t belong. I still totally think Agnes is at least partially behind this along with Mephisto aka Ralph, the husband we suspiciously have yet to see.

All in all, great episode. I hope the rumors are true that the episodes will get longer now. And with the exposure of the bubble, I’m hopeful that we get more than 2-3 minutes of the “outside world” going forward.
The ad was also Hydra ...lotion or soap

The ad was also Hydra ...lotion or soap

2 of the 3 commercials so far have been hydra related. That’s why I’m saying it seems like they’re really pushing the hydra angle, so I’m not sure if they’re hunting at a hydra return or if it’s all just Wanda’s memory’s from being in their possession with Strucker.

The actress and actor in the commercials are the same person. Starting to think they’re Wanda and Pietro’s parents. [/spoiler ]

I just really loved the setting of this episode. The opening song was great, even had the same backyard as the show they were spoofing and the house throughout really made me remember the show. Trying to do this without having spoilers. Excellently done

Feige said last week or the week before that some shows will be 1 season, others will have multiple. I was always under the impression WandaVision would only be 1 season. Not knowing how the season ends, but knowing this story continues into Spider-Man 3, and concludes in Doctor Strange 2, I’m not sure how they’d do a season 2 of Wandavision. To me, the multiple season shows are, Loki which has already been green lit for season 2. She Hulk. Moon Knight and maybe Iron Heart

Now if they want to give us these characters in a sitcom environment with no side story, I’d definitely be down to watch an actual WandaVision sitcom.
I can also see Ms.Marvel having a second season if they wanted too

I can also see Ms.Marvel having a second season if they wanted too

Yes, Ms. Marvel will for sure have a S2. Hawkeye as well, but probably without Renner. Armor Wars, could go either way. Secret Invasion depends on how far they want to delve into that story arc. It SHOULD be multiple seasons culminating in a movie, even if it’s a Disney+ movie

I'm absolutely gobsmacked that people don't love this show.

It is excellent. One of the best series I've watched in quite some time. People cry about wanting different and weird and interesting...then they get it and don't like it. 🙄

The world she constructed to protect herself from her real life is so obviously based on the tv shows of her youth. Shows that portray the perfect life, perfect relationship, perfect friendships, perfect neighborhood. It's f'n brilliant.

I'm absolutely gobsmacked that people don't love this show.

It is excellent. One of the best series I've watched in quite some time. People cry about wanting different and weird and interesting...then they get it and don't like it. 🙄

The world she constructed to protect herself from her real life is so obviously based on the tv shows of her youth. Shows that portray the perfect life, perfect relationship, perfect friendships, perfect neighborhood. It's f'n brilliant.

Yeah, with the thinking these are the shows she was able to get in Sokovia - and provided her view of Western Culture - thus the name of the town "Westview"

Yes, Ms. Marvel will for sure have a S2. Hawkeye as well, but probably without Renner. Armor Wars, could go either way. Secret Invasion depends on how far they want to delve into that story arc. It SHOULD be multiple seasons culminating in a movie, even if it’s a Disney+ movie

I could also see some shifting characters into different or new shows, so even if a specific show doesn't have a S2 or S3, doesn't mean characters or plots developed in them won't continue

I've watched all 3 WandaVision episodes. It's ok to me. I'll keep watching but I don't love it yet. My wife decided she just didn't care. Several people I know are watching just because it's Marvel and they don't want to miss out, but not out of any real love. I also have some friends that are really into the Easter Eggs and stuff. I think it will be popular, but I don't think it's going to be Stranger Things type popular.

I've watched all 3 WandaVision episodes. It's ok to me. I'll keep watching but I don't love it yet. My wife decided she just didn't care. Several people I know are watching just because it's Marvel and they don't want to miss out, but not out of any real love. I also have some friends that are really into the Easter Eggs and stuff. I think it will be popular, but I don't think it's going to be Stranger Things type popular.

I think I fall into that group - I mean, I really do enjoy the show but I don't think as much as some people - but I love all the little detail and easter eggs

I think I get as/more excited about watching the youtube videos that go over all that after each episode as I do the episodes themselves

It's really not that good even after three episodes. It's not bad, but it's not even in the same ballpark as Stranger Things or Queens Gambit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter