Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

I just got tickets for tomorrow night - it is indeed filling up! I am a bit surprised, but glad to see it. I hope it's a big win for Pixar!

Inside Out was a good movie and good kids movies have been non existent for the last few years, so I can see the demand being there. Garfield did really well at the box office and it is not a popular franchise, nor was it even a good movie (my kids thought it was ok).

I really loved last year's film, Elemental, and it ended up doing well at the box office thanks to word of mouth. I hope this year they get a hit right off the bat! I don't remember the first movie well enough so DH and I will watch it at home tonight to be prepared.

Traditionally for "Character Spot" it was Mickey, Minnie, & Goofy. I do not know if the lineup will be different.
Daisy was there instead of Goofy at least for part of if not all of opening day Monday
I bought my tickets yesterday for Sundays showing and most seats were taken already.
I got my tickets for the 15th on May 23rd sister and brother in law got tickets over the weekend and the seats next to mine were still open

Scott Gustin Twitter
NEW: Disney Vacation Club has confirmed a new member lounge is coming to Frontierland at Magic Kingdom Park, replacing the existing Frontierland Shootin' Arcade. Disney says construction will begin this year and additional details will be shared later.

Lame. I don't mind them replacing the Shootin' Arcade as hardly anybody even uses it - even on free-play, but I would have liked something better than a DVC lounge.

Last edited:
Scott Gustin Twitter
NEW: Disney Vacation Club has confirmed a new member lounge is coming to Frontierland at Magic Kingdom Park, replacing the existing Frontierland Shootin' Arcade. Disney says construction will begin this year and additional details will be shared later.

One of my absolute favorite things to do growing up at Disney and for the kids today. Was it a little dumb? Sure, but it fit the theme area, and it was enjoyable. They could have updated it to make it really cool. Then again, lately they don't care what blends in or not

Now its a DVC lounge. Give me a break. Most DVC members don't even like the idea.

It's funny. When I went on my DVC tour recently, the CM was talking about how so many members complain about the things Disney is doing, yet Disney doesn't listen. I was always under the assumption that Disney got all this input from DVC members and they enjoyed it.

Apparently, that isn't so

Scott Gustin Twitter
I think DVC members will be happy and other won't. I never used the arcade and expect the lounge to be too crowded so probably won't use it much as a lounge either, so I guess no difference to me

I just got tickets for tomorrow night - it is indeed filling up! I am a bit surprised, but glad to see it. I hope it's a big win for Pixar!
Seeing it tomorrow afternoon....really looking forward to this one! I hope it's a big hit for both Pixar & Disney (they could use it!)

I think DVC members will be happy and other won't. I never used the arcade and expect the lounge to be too crowded so probably won't use it much as a lounge either, so I guess no difference to me
In 50 years of going to the Magic Kingdom, only participated in the Arcade once. That was 2 years ago when I heard rumors that it was going to be replaced and convinced my wife to take a try---we both were terrible. As a DVC member, yes I will use the new do over much more than the Arcade.

Very, very big opening for Inside Out 2

https://deadline.com/2024/06/inside-out-2-global-international-box-office-1235972688/

‘Inside Out 2’ Living The Life Of Riley On Way To $250M+ Global Opening – International Box Office
By Nancy Tartaglione - International Box Office Editor/Senior Contributor
June 15, 2024 - 9:29am PDT
https://variety.com/2024/film/box-office/box-office-inside-out-2-biggest-opening-day-1236038449/

June 15, 2024 - 8:30am PDT
Box Office: ‘Inside Out 2’ Jumps for Joy With $62 Million Opening Day — the Biggest of 2024
by J. Kim Murphy

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...box-office-historic-pixar-opening-1235923598/

Box Office: ‘Inside Out 2’ Heading for Historic $140M-$150M U.S. Opening, a Near-Record for Pixar
The tentpole is jolting the beleaguered box office back to life and will be the second- or third-biggest animated opening of all time.
June 15, 2024 - 8:36am PDT
by Pamela McClintock

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/inside-2-beats-disney-entire-153753547.html

The Wrap - ‘Inside Out 2’ Beats Disney’s Entire 2023 Slate With Spectacular $140 Million-Plus Opening
by Jeremy Fuster
Sat, June 15, 2024 at 10:37 AM CDT

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest