Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

Thanks for starting the new thread, I'll pitch in if I see anything too :D
Just thought I's share from the Major Disney Refurb and Construction Worldwide thread what we're expecting in 2024 at the moment:
Walt Disney World:

• CommuniCore Hall @ Epcot - 2024
  • The Cake Bake Shop at the Boardwalk - Early 2024
  • New Scenes for Star Tours @ Hollywood Studios - 2024
  • The Cabins at Fort Wilderness DVC conversion - 2024
  • Polynesian Resort DVC Tower - 2024
  • Country Bear Musical Jamboree refresh @ Magic Kingdom - 2024
  • The Little Mermaid - A Musical Adventure @ Hollywood Studios - Fall 2024
  • Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Formerly Splash Mountain) @ Magic Kingdom - Late 2024
Disneyland:
  • Paradise Pier Hotel becoming Pixar Place Hotel - January 30, 2024
  • New Scenes for Star Tours & Season of the the Force - April 5 2024
  • Better Together: A Pixar Pals Celebration at DCA - April 26, 2024
  • Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular - April 26, 2024
  • Fantasmic Returns - May 24, 2024
  • Haunted Mansion Extended Queue and Madam Leota Shop - 2024
  • Multi-year Downtown Disney renovation - November 10, 2023 - 2024
    1. Din Tai Fung - No Date
    2. Catal & Uva Bar Mexican innovation - No Date
    3. Jazz Kitchen evolution - No Date
    4. Earl of Sandwich Permanent Location - No Date
    5. Porto's Bakery replacing LeBrea's Bakery- No Date,
    6. Parkside Market - No Date
  • Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Formerly Splash Mountain)- Late 2024
Disney Cruise Line:
  • Lookout Cay at Lighthouse Point - June 8, 2024 Cruise
  • Disney Treasure - December 21, 2024
International Parks:
  • Alice in Wonderland Musical Extravaganza @ Walt Disney Studios Park - Spring 2024
  • Disney Symphony of Colors @ DLP - January 8, 2024
  • Disneyland Hotel at DLP Disney Princess Reimagining - January 25, 2024
  • Le Pays des Contes de Fees Frozen & Winnie the Pooh scenes - 2024
  • Fantasy Springs at Tokyo DisneySea - June 6, 2024
  • New Tokyo DisneySea Fantasy Springs Hotel - June 6, 2024
Permanently Closing in 2024:
  1. Tale of the Lion King in Disneyland - January 7, 2024
  2. Space Mountain at Tokyo Disneyland - July 31, 2024

I guess that's a wrap on 2023. Walt Disney World has said 2024 will bring several changes to "simplify" the park experience. Starting Jan. 9 -- park reservations will be gone for most guests, the Dining Plan returns, and all day park hopping FINALLY returns.

The park reservation thing never really bothered me, but the having to wait until 2pm to park hop really stunk. I don't know how many times I wanted to make a lunch reservation at a different park and couldn't because it was before 2pm. I will be so happy when this is gone.

The park reservation thing never really bothered me, but the having to wait until 2pm to park hop really stunk. I don't know how many times I wanted to make a lunch reservation at a different park and couldn't because it was before 2pm. I will be so happy when this is gone.
Especially when I was solo, the park hopping was a real drag. The park reservations aren't the worst thing in the world, but I would rather not. unfortunately, they are staying for me since I'm a passholder :(

Especially when I was solo, the park hopping was a real drag. The park reservations aren't the worst thing in the world, but I would rather not. unfortunately, they are staying for me since I'm a passholder :(
I'm also a passholder (Out of State) and always stay on Disney property when I come down so I haven't had to worry about the 5 reservations limit. It will be interesting to see if staying on property will make any difference with the new system.

I'm also a passholder (Out of State) and always stay on Disney property when I come down so I haven't had to worry about the 5 reservations limit. It will be interesting to see if staying on property will make any difference with the new system.
It doesn’t I have a stay in April for RunDisney and have to still make reservations so we can enter the parks we want

For the park hoping does anyone know if that is all day for passholders too? I know we still need reservations, but can we all day park hop?

https://wdwnt.com/2023/12/review-a-magical-meal-at-animators-palate-on-disney-wonder-cruise-ship/

REVIEW: A Magical Meal at Animator’s Palate on Disney Wonder Cruise Ship​

Shannen Ace
December 31, 2023

animators-palate-dinner-wonder-collage-1200x675.jpg

The Animator’s Palate restaurant exists in slightly different forms on the four original Disney Cruise Line ships. During our Alaska sailing on the Disney Wonder, we enjoyed a Nordic-inspired menu at Animator’s Palate for “Frozen” night, but this isn’t the restaurant’s usual menu. During the rotational Disney Cruise Line dining schedule, we did return to Animator’s Palate for a standard meal at the ink and paint-inspired restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter