Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Disney World's Magic Kingdom to close early in January 2024
Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World will close early on January 29 2024 due to the annual Cast Service celebration event.

Park hours at Magic Kingdom for January 29 2024 are not yet available, but previous service celebrations days have seen a 4:30pm close.

Cast Service celebrations reward Cast Members who have reached certain milestones in their Disney career, ranging from 10 to 50 years.
No one can say they didn’t get notice!

NEW: The union representing Cast Members at Walt Disney World confirm they have reached a tentative agreement with Disney to bring Cast Members to $18/hour by the end of this year. The union will now recommend workers vote to approve the agreement.

The agreement includes retroactive pay and staggered increases that will give all full-time employees an hourly rate of $18/hour by end of year.

Union says all CMs will receive minimum $5.50 increase "over term of agreement."

The vote will happen next Wednesday. If members approve the deal, the hourly increases will go into effect immediately.

Retroactive pay will go back to October 2022.
According to the union:

"For Cast Members that are making the minimum currently, this contract provides over 36% general wage increases over the life of the agreement."

Scott Gustin
Walt Disney World Union Cast Members vote yes to Disney's latest pay increase offer

Disneyland Paris Suspends All New Annual Pass Sales

According to a tweet from DLPReport, Disneyland Paris has suspended sales of all new Annual Passes. No details are available for when sales will resume, but renewals will be allowed.

Well, this definitely proves that the demand for the mouse is global. As far as I'm aware, now it's WDW, Tokyo Disneyland and Disneyland Paris that no longer have any APs for sale (for Disneyland it looks like only the most expensive AP is available?)

Don't mess with the Mouse...

Disney World board picked by DeSantis says predecessors stripped them of power​

https://www.npr.org/2023/03/29/1166925827/disney-world-board-desantis-power-florida
Honestly, what surprises me in all of this, is that none of the blogs or anybody fully picked up on this almost 2 months ago when it all happened, and happened in a public forum with documents that have been available since February for everyone to read.

All the other stuff they post about, but this, this flies under the radar? 🤣

Honestly, what surprises me in all of this, is that none of the blogs or anybody fully picked up on this almost 2 months ago when it all happened, and happened in a public forum with documents that have been available since February for everyone to read.

Hey, talking about how disgusting the Small World boats in WDW are was just way more important 😂

But in all fairness, they were distracted by a bus stop sign that was removed for a day and then reinstalled 6 inches higher than it was before - that was somehow THREE posts too! 🤣

Hey, talking about how disgusting the Small World boats in WDW are was just way more important 😂

But in all fairness, they were distracted by a bus stop sign that was removed for a day and then reinstalled 6 inches higher than it was before - that was somehow THREE posts too! 🤣
It’s important, thought provoking content!

Disneyland Paris to Restructure Annual Pass Program

Following yesterday’s news that new sales of Annual Passes at Disneyland Paris were paused, the theme park has issued a statement clarifying the need for the suspension of sales. Disneyland Paris is “developing a new product range” for their most frequent visitors. No further details were offered about the new Annual Pass program, but they did promise to share more details “later this year”. Here’s the statement:

“We are always listening to our guests and continually strive to bring new experiences and develop new products which deliver choice, flexibility and value for our Annual Passholders.

We are currently developing a new product range for our most frequent visitors based on the valuable feedback our Passholders have given us and as a result we are pausing sales of new Annual Passes. Therefore our Annual Passes are now only available for renewals for individuals who currently have a valid Annual Pass.

We look forward to sharing more with you later this year. In the meantime, if you are already an Annual Passholder, you may continue to use and renew your existing Pass.”

Disneyland Paris to Restructure Annual Pass Program

Following yesterday’s news that new sales of Annual Passes at Disneyland Paris were paused, the theme park has issued a statement clarifying the need for the suspension of sales. Disneyland Paris is “developing a new product range” for their most frequent visitors. No further details were offered about the new Annual Pass program, but they did promise to share more details “later this year”. Here’s the statement:

“We are always listening to our guests and continually strive to bring new experiences and develop new products which deliver choice, flexibility and value for our Annual Passholders.

We are currently developing a new product range for our most frequent visitors based on the valuable feedback our Passholders have given us and as a result we are pausing sales of new Annual Passes. Therefore our Annual Passes are now only available for renewals for individuals who currently have a valid Annual Pass.

We look forward to sharing more with you later this year. In the meantime, if you are already an Annual Passholder, you may continue to use and renew your existing Pass.”
I wonder if they'll be testing the waters in Paris with a new kind of pass that has a cap on the number of visits or something like that before rolling that out in the states. Just like they tested lightning lanes in Paris first.

I'm curious to see how fast the 50th stuff will be replaced, and what with? Like there are so many food items I wonder if they have new items set to replace some already or if they'll just remove them. I feel like there would be such small menus at some places if they got rid of all their 50th treats!

I'm curious to see how fast the 50th stuff will be replaced, and what with? Like there are so many food items I wonder if they have new items set to replace some already or if they'll just remove them. I feel like there would be such small menus at some places if they got rid of all their 50th treats!
I know a couple treats at DHS we’re getting renamed and having the 50th garnishes removed

Go the Distance With Mickey & Friends During the 2024 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend!

Every dream starts somewhere and whether you’ve dreamed of running your first marathon or are just getting started racing, we invite you to go the distance during the 2024 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend! The unforgettable race weekend features courses full of character and encouragement as you earn every mile in a weekend filled with four different races, two challenges, and inspiration at every turn. Top it all off with some fantastic bling and it’s a perfect ‘run’cation at Walt Disney World Resort!
Gear up to make every mile worth your while as you take a look at the 2024 event’s race themes:

Blog_1.png

Walt Disney World 5K | Pluto
Walt Disney World 10K | Chip ‘N Dale
Walt Disney World Half Marathon | Donald & Daisy Duck
Walt Disney World Marathon | Mickey & Minnie Mouse

Blog_2.png

Goofy’s Race & a Half Challenge | Goofy
Dopey Challenge | Dopey

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter