Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disneyland News:

BREAKING: Opening Date Announced for Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Disneyland

Disney has announced that Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway will open on January 27, 2023.

Here’s the announcement:

While Mickey’s Toontown is slated to reopen for guests in spring 2023, we are pleased to announce that the new Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway attraction will open early as we kick off the Disney100 anniversary celebration on Jan. 27!

As everyone said on Twitter: Glad they're getting it early but it's still hard to believe this is opening before Tron at MK.

New Theming Added to TRON Lightcycle Run With ‘Enterprise’ Logo

New theming has been added to the entrance of TRON Lightcycle Run as construction continues at Magic Kingdom. The theming, which is contained within the entrance cave to the attraction, contains images of the lightcycle vehicles along with the Enterprise logo. Enterprise is the presenting sponsor for TRON Lightcycle Run and the Tomorrowland PeopleMover.

First, here’s a look at the Enterprise logo on the Tomorrowland PeopleMover.

And here’s a look at the recent theming added to TRON Lightcycle Run. In this zoomed-in photo, we can see the Enterprise “e” logo embedded within the images.

D1C9E476-42B8-4716-BD0C-19B75FBEBCA2.jpeg

Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom Might Be Down for the Day

We popped over to chat to the Cast Members stationed at the entrances and they confirmed that the ride was down.

Though they did not elaborate on the cause for the closure they did say that the attraction may be down the entire day.

Luckily it was not down all day. It opened up just before noon and I was able to ride! First time in three trips it has not been down during my Genie+ time. So happy! 😄

Yeah, I mean MMRR is somewhat less complex than TRON, but still - they are just taking forever with that thing, expecially considering it is an exact clone of an already built ride (as is MMRR).
Guess we can officially confirm DLR is better :rotfl: :rolleyes1 😉

Walt Disney World Hotel Bell Services Now Able to Hold Alcohol

Bell services at Walt Disney World Resort hotels can now hold alcohol deliveries and groceries.

We spoke to Cast Members at Disney’s Contemporary Resort about the service. Guests having alcohol delivered from services like Amazon, Total Wine & More, and Door Dash must be at bell services when the alcohol is dropped off to be able to present ID. Cast Members recommend following the delivery tracking so you can be at the counter at the time of delivery. If you miss the delivery, bell services cannot accept the alcohol.

Guests can also leave the alcohol (and other groceries) with bell services by handing it over themselves.

DVC News:

Just noticed this on top of the Member Site and wanted to share…

Temporary Closure

Member Services, Member Administration and Member Accounting will be temporarily closed on Tuesday, October 11 at 2:30 PM Eastern Time. Member Services will reopen at 5:00 PM Eastern Time on Tuesday, October 11. Member Administration and Member Accounting will reopen on Wednesday, October 12 at 9:00 AM Eastern Time. Please note that the Member online booking tool, online banking and online payments of Loans and Annual Dues will remain available during the closure. All of us at Disney Vacation Club wish you a magical day!

Good Morning All!

So, I was up early and decided to check out my Pinterest account, which I really haven’t been on much lately. There are a bunch of random work memes and they were making me laugh, so I continued to click through them, and well, I thought you guys might appreciate them!! lol (by the way, since I am going off script, today is FRIDAY!!! Just thought you’d like to know!! 🥳🍻)

AE1E58CF-7815-42E4-AA3E-2D5F687C9267.jpeg

8B521B4B-0EAB-44E0-9301-EFB1CA009B9E.jpeg

EAB21402-301F-42EC-9275-7F5104A32C6E.jpeg

94078325-95BA-4B1F-B1A9-0D43FDB077D8.jpeg

96DAC1CC-EA0D-44D8-BA9D-79742B70EE81.jpeg

4DFA2C28-F37F-4C3F-96A8-A5868C911BF0.jpeg

314A84E1-14FF-4C5B-B78C-6616AC05AA68.jpeg

3A571790-2E44-4F13-9135-055E29932532.jpeg

8D50BB39-06D9-41F7-AD35-B7E4B6CB797B.jpeg

Have a great day!!!! 🙃

Xandarian Translation Guide Released for Cosmic Rewind at EPCOT

As part of the ongoing New York Comic Con, Disney has officially released a Xandarian translation guide to help guests explore the Wonders of Xandar Pavilion at EPCOT. The aim of the Wonders of Xandar Pavilion is to showcase the Xandarian culture and technology to guests who visit EPCOT. Of course, during your tour, something goes wrong and the Guardians of the Galaxy call on guests to help save…the galaxy, but not before you get to explore a few exhibits as part of “Act 1” of the attraction, aka an immersive queue.

Xandarian Translation Guide​

Here’s the Xandarian translation aid that Disney released at New York Comic Con!

2023 Disney After Hours Tickets Now On Sale for Magic Kingdom & Hollywood Studios Events

Tickets for Disney After Hours are now on sale to the general public after a pre-sale period for Resort Guests over the past few days.

Disney After Hours returns to Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom in January 2023 after being paused due to COVID-19. The events promise guests an exclusive experience at the theme parks after they have closed to regular guests for the day. From free soda and popcorn to lower wait times for rides, Disney After Hours is a unique way to have fun at Disney World.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter