• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney World Begins Advertising End of 50th Anniversary Celebration

With less than 6 months until the Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary officially ends, Disney World has begun to advertise the end of the anniversary on its website and in its marketing materials for travel agencies.

On the 50th Anniversary page, Disney notes that it’s the “last chance to see” the Beacons of Magic, Mickey’s Celebration Cavalcade, and limited-time merchandise offerings before they go away at the end of the celebration. Other offerings like the Fab 50 Character sculptures don’t fall under the “last chance to see” category, but it’s likely that the “last chance” section is not a complete list of what will be ending starting April 1, 2023.

Water Feature Testing Begins on Journey of Water Inspired by Moana in EPCOT

Crew members have begun testing the water features for Journey of Water Inspired by “Moana,” a walkthrough attraction that will open in late 2023 at EPCOT.

journey of water testing 10.22 0117

Crew members were atop the scaffolding around the rock structure featuring Te Fiti’s spiral.

1665168767565.jpeg

Disney World Begins Advertising End of 50th Anniversary Celebration

With less than 6 months until the Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary officially ends, Disney World has begun to advertise the end of the anniversary on its website and in its marketing materials for travel agencies.

On the 50th Anniversary page, Disney notes that it’s the “last chance to see” the Beacons of Magic, Mickey’s Celebration Cavalcade, and limited-time merchandise offerings before they go away at the end of the celebration. Other offerings like the Fab 50 Character sculptures don’t fall under the “last chance to see” category, but it’s likely that the “last chance” section is not a complete list of what will be ending starting April 1, 2023.

I hope the statues are staying! I haven’t gotten to see them all yet, hoping to find a few more on my next trip!

Water Feature Testing Begins on Journey of Water Inspired by Moana in EPCOT

Crew members have begun testing the water features for Journey of Water Inspired by “Moana,” a walkthrough attraction that will open in late 2023 at EPCOT.

journey of water testing 10.22 0117

Crew members were atop the scaffolding around the rock structure featuring Te Fiti’s spiral.

View attachment 708940

This is exciting! Testing the water features sounds like they’re pretty far along, doesn’t it? After that I’d imagine it’s just planting all the greenery . . . but maybe it needs time to grow? Now I’m imagining the sculpture of Te Fiti being like a Chia Pet, LOL.

Of course, they might also need to paint the rockwork . . .

Anyone want to speculate on potential picks? I'll start:

1) "Last Christmas" - Wham!
2) "Christmas Wrapping" - The Waitresses

I welcome other suggestions.

I thought I read somewhere that they may only be going with one song? Although everyone has their favorites, I'd try to put myself in the mind of James Gunn (if that's even possible) and think of what he may lean towards. from that I'm thinking along the lines of

The Kinks - Father Christmas

But in the end I think it's a travesty if the one 80s song that isn't included is

Run DMC - Christmas in Hollis

I'm sticking with Run DMC if had to put money on it ...

I thought I read somewhere that they may only be going with one song? Although everyone has their favorites, I'd try to put myself in the mind of James Gunn (if that's even possible) and think of what he may lean towards. from that I'm thinking along the lines of

The Kinks - Father Christmas

But in the end I think it's a travesty if the one 80s song that isn't included is

Run DMC - Christmas in Hollis

I'm sticking with Run DMC if had to put money on it ...
I would accept the ELP version

Disney World Embarks on New Round of Monorail Refurbishments

BlogMickey.com has learned that Monorail Black is back in the maintenance bay north of Magic Kingdom as it receives upgrades that some of the more recently updated monorails have, but it didn’t receive when it underwent its first round of upgrades in late 2019. In speaking with Monorail pilots, we understand that a few monorails will have to undergo another round of refurbishment even though all twelve monorails have been upgraded at some point in the past 3+ years.
Because the work only takes place one monorail at a time, there is no significant impact on operations expected and service on all three monorail lines will continue throughout the work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter