Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disney’s Veterans Institute Returns to Walt Disney World Resort This Summer

Experiences and Products and co-chair of the Veteran Business Employee Resource Group known as “Disney SALUTE”
Disney’s admiration for military service is part of the company’s DNA, dating back to our founders Walt and Roy O. Disney, who both served during WWI. In that spirit, we’re thrilled to host the Veterans Institute Summit August 19-20 at Walt Disney World Resort. This two-day event is designed to empower companies to build effective veteran hiring, training and support programs of their own to provide opportunities for servicemen and women returning home and transitioning to civilian life. As a veteran myself who joined Disney ten years ago following a military career, I appreciate the commitment to investing in those who served in uniform.

Disney’s Veterans Institute

but maybe the next question will be "if you apply for a card today you can have XXX amount off". The only reason to ask about using the credit card is is there is some sort of incentive for the cashier. At Kohls, the cashiers get something each time they get someone to apply.
I am glad they ask that when shopping at Disney because sometimes I forget to use my card and you do get a discount at certain stores. Think it's like 10%.

Cooking Up the Magic: Pride Rock Punch Recipe, Celebrate Soulfully Delights Coming Soon to Disneyland Resort

Get ready to embrace your soulful side with some delicious treats and excitement coming to Disneyland Resort this summer. Throughout the month of June, we are continuing our festivities for Celebrate Soulfully with the introduction of some tasty treats, eats, and sips honoring Black heritage and culture.

Multiple locations at Disneyland Resort are serving up selections to highlight Black Music Month with not-to-be-missed experiences filled with food, entertainment, art, and, of course, music!

E28F4369-3823-4921-8C48-C5B7F36704FE.jpeg

*Click for additional information

How is it an upsell? They're asking if you're using your Disney card not asking if you want to apply for one.
The last sentence of the link says "The exact reason for the change is unknown, but we would assume it is to raise awareness of the availability of the credit card."

Why else would try raising awareness of the credit card unless it is to get you to apply for one if/when you say no? There isn't any other advantage to the customer or Disney if there isn't a discount involved.

j

The last sentence of the link says "The exact reason for the change is unknown, but we would assume it is to raise awareness of the availability of the credit card."

Why else would try raising awareness of the credit card unless it is to get you to apply for one if/when you say no? There isn't any other advantage to the customer or Disney if there isn't a discount involved.

j

There's a $10 discount on purchases over $50 at most (if not all) merchandise locations at WDW if you use your Chase Disney card. You had to present the card to a cast member at checkout back in October since it wouldn't work if you just taped the card from a phone or watch.

There's a $10 discount on purchases over $50 at most (if not all) merchandise locations at WDW if you use your Chase Disney card. You had to present the card to a cast member at checkout back in October since it wouldn't work if you just taped the card from a phone or watch.

And a lot of people got an offer to get a higher % earned if they used the card at Disney locations this quarter. The fee to swipe a dis visa with their relationship is also probably less than most other cc's.

It's also possible people are forgetting to use it and them complain about not getting the discount or are using the card and not getting it. To me they should also ask if you have an AP as part of it. Just seems this is to help from having to refund and rerun with the discount cause the cm has to push a button, the system doesn't know what you are actually paying with.

With the visa thing....

I was at World of Disney yesterday. They asked me but not in a 'trying to get me to sign up for a credit card' kind of way. They said "Do we have any discounts- AP, DVC, or Disney Visa?" I used my DVC discount so I'm not sure what they would have said if I said "Yes, visa" but it didn't seem like a credit card advertisement to me.

j

I don't think they will try to sign you up then-and-there, but just asking about it might want to make someone see if they would want one. There is information available at lots of places. I don't think they will want to slow down lines with actually trying to sign people up.

Last edited:
Anyone know if you buy genie plus on MDE w/ a disney gift card?
I just bought genie plus on the website on Saturday and I "think" I saw that as an option but not 100% sure. I don't remember that option on the app at all. Go to your account on the website, my plans, then click the tab for tickets/photopass, and then under the person's name there should be a "change ticket" link.

RUMOR:​

Annual Passholders Will Have to Use My Disney Experience to Prove They Are Eligible for Dining Discounts

Disney is adding new requirements for guests to prove they are Annual Passholders in order to receive dining discounts.

One of the perks offered for Annual Passholders is a dining discount (available at specific locations). Soon, dining guests will be required to show proof of their pass validity via the My Disney Experience app. This new process may end up being necessary for Passholder discounts on merchandise as well.

Our sources said the reason for the change is that expiration dates are no longer printed on the physical Annual Passholder cards.

The Disney Character Experience is Back at Epcot

The Disney Visa Photo Spot at Epcot is back!

If you are a Disney Visa cardholder, you can get a special meet and greet with some of your favorite Disney characters!

The private Cardmember location at the Disney Visa Photo Spot at Epcot® in Future World next to Journey Into Imagination With Figment. It opens daily from 1:00pm – 6:30pm.

Remember to bring your Disney Visa Credit Card to enjot this special photo opportunity.

Annual Passholders Will Have to Use My Disney Experience to Prove They Are Eligible for Dining Discounts

Disney is adding new requirements for guests to prove they are Annual Passholders in order to receive dining discounts.

One of the perks offered for Annual Passholders is a dining discount (available at specific locations). Soon, dining guests will be required to show proof of their pass validity via the My Disney Experience app. This new process may end up being necessary for Passholder discounts on merchandise as well.

Our sources said the reason for the change is that expiration dates are no longer printed on the physical Annual Passholder cards.

This happened here and there for me when I was there a few weeks back. A couple of places asked me to open the app instead of asking for the pass and ID.

This happened here and there for me when I was there a few weeks back. A couple of places asked me to open the app instead of asking for the pass and ID.
I usually pay with magicband and 90% of the time the servers will see it on there and just apply the discount.

I would have no issues with this if MDE was a functional app. A lot of the time I can't even get the front page or the my future plans page to load in a reasonable time. I can just imagine a scenario where I'm holding up the line trying to get MDE to load :rolleyes2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!