Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUMOR:​

Annual Passholders Will Have to Use My Disney Experience to Prove They Are Eligible for Dining Discounts

Disney is adding new requirements for guests to prove they are Annual Passholders in order to receive dining discounts.

One of the perks offered for Annual Passholders is a dining discount (available at specific locations). Soon, dining guests will be required to show proof of their pass validity via the My Disney Experience app. This new process may end up being necessary for Passholder discounts on merchandise as well.

Our sources said the reason for the change is that expiration dates are no longer printed on the physical Annual Passholder cards.

I was asked to do this about three years ago at Tony’s in MK.

Annual Passholders Will Have to Use My Disney Experience to Prove They Are Eligible for Dining Discounts

Disney is adding new requirements for guests to prove they are Annual Passholders in order to receive dining discounts.

One of the perks offered for Annual Passholders is a dining discount (available at specific locations). Soon, dining guests will be required to show proof of their pass validity via the My Disney Experience app. This new process may end up being necessary for Passholder discounts on merchandise as well.

Our sources said the reason for the change is that expiration dates are no longer printed on the physical Annual Passholder cards.
Sounds like they're implementing the same process they've been trying to implement with DVC members since January. There have been lots of glitches with linking DVC ownership and discount eligibility (technically, not all DVC owners are eligibile for discounts) to MDE/MagicMobile. And of course the biggest issue is that not all DVC owners own smartphones, and supposedly they won't be able to access discounts they're eligible for.

I wondered about this as I’ve noticed that my AP just has 9/21 marked on the back of the card with a sharpie...and when ever I show it to get a discount they don’t even ask me to take it out of my wallet.

Cast Members Preview “Fab 50 Quest” MagicBand+ Scavenger Hunt

As Disney gets closer to a summer launch of the MagicBand+, select Cast Members were able to preview the new bands and functionality. One of the announced functionalities of the MagicBand+ is “activating” Fab 50 statues which will play an audio clip.

img_1592.jpg

*click link for video

The last sentence of the link says "The exact reason for the change is unknown, but we would assume it is to raise awareness of the availability of the credit card."

Why else would try raising awareness of the credit card unless it is to get you to apply for one if/when you say no? There isn't any other advantage to the customer or Disney if there isn't a discount involved.

j
I haven't called the reservation center in awhile, but I am 99% sure every time I did they would ask if I wanted to make my deposit with a Disney Visa. I would always say I have one, but I want to use X card today. It may have even been like this with resort ticketing and recreation.

I would have no issues with this if MDE was a functional app. A lot of the time I can't even get the front page or the my future plans page to load in a reasonable time. I can just imagine a scenario where I'm holding up the line trying to get MDE to load :rolleyes2
Like @CarolynFH mentioned, I think this will be like DVC with the MagicMobile pass. No need to actually open MDE to use/show it. You save it to your mobile wallet and it should show all the affiliations linked to your profile. Now getting the pass to save is another story and does require opening MDE, but once you have it saved, you shouldn't have to keep launching MDE.

Like @CarolynFH mentioned, I think this will be like DVC with the MagicMobile pass. No need to actually open MDE to use/show it. You save it to your mobile wallet and it should show all the affiliations linked to your profile. Now getting the pass to save is another story and does require opening MDE, but once you have it saved, you shouldn't have to keep launching MDE.
Ah okay then if that's the case I'm fine with that. I was worried for a second that it required MDE because it's not exactly a reliable app even at the best of times.

Ah okay then if that's the case I'm fine with that. I was worried for a second that it required MDE because it's not exactly a reliable app even at the best of times.
I hear you! That thing is so unstable. I am honestly shocked my MagicMobile pass saved on the first attempt and it was correct! :rotfl:

If you already have your MagicMobile pass saved, or save a new one, all you need to do is press on the circle with the 3 dots on the top right in your Apple Wallet on that pass (or equivalent on Android for options) and it will show name, affiliation, and a QR code.

Disney World Updates Theme Park Hours for Early Summer 2022

Disney World has updated its theme park hours through early July that reflect extended park hours for all four Walt Disney World theme parks. Here are the changes!

Magic Kingdom
  • May 25 – June 6: Park hours extended 9am to 11pm (previously 9am to 10pm)
  • June 8: Park hours extended 9am to 11pm (previously 9am to 10pm)
  • June 10-15: Park hours extended 9am to 11pm (previously 9am to 10pm)
  • June 17-27: Park hours extended 9am to 11pm (previously 9am to 10pm)
  • June 29: Park hours extended 9am to 11pm (previously 9am to 10pm)
  • July 1-2: Park hours extended 9am to 11pm (previously 9am to 10pm)
EPCOT
  • May 24 – June 4: Park hours extended 8:30am to 9pm (previously 9am to 9pm)
  • June 6 – July 2: Park hours extended 8:30am to 9pm (previously 9am to 9pm)

Disney’s Hollywood Studios
  • May 24 – July 2: Park hours extended 8:30am to 9pm (previously 9am to 9pm)
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
  • May 24 – June 4: Park hours extended 7:30am to 8pm (previously 8am to 8pm)
  • June 9: Park hours extended 7:30am to 6pm (previously 8am to 6pm)

Cast Members Preview “Fab 50 Quest” MagicBand+ Scavenger Hunt

As Disney gets closer to a summer launch of the MagicBand+, select Cast Members were able to preview the new bands and functionality. One of the announced functionalities of the MagicBand+ is “activating” Fab 50 statues which will play an audio clip.

img_1592.jpg

*click link for video
I wish they would hurry up and release these!!!!!!

I've got a late-June trip planned. Fingers crossed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter