Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the high critic scores are well deserved as the film did a good job for what it set out to do. But, I am surprised with how high the audience scores are trending as I figured the fans would be pretty split on this film's take. With some tweaks, the same thing could have been done with any of the Disney Afternoon shows. In fact, there is a post credits scene that some say is hinting towards a sequel ... but I read it as a clever call back to the beginning of the film basically saying we could have done the same with any of these shows.

Hopefully this movie will lead to more interest in resurrecting the Disney Afternoon stuff, as I enjoyed the recent DuckTales show and was hoping they would continue that work on D+

Well, if they're going to bring them back like this, I'd prefer they don't.

I did enjoy the new DuckTales, though it eventually had less Scrroge and became the Webby Show, which I ddin't prefer. Overall, it was good though.

Not exactly news, but I caught Rescue Rangers last night and I though it was really *really* good! But, I think there will be some mixed feelings from this film as I wouldn't actually consider it a Rescue Rangers movie. It's probably more of a spiritual sequel to Roger Rabbit in tone and a satire on the animation/reboot industry than a true Rescue Rangers film. You'll probably know within the 1st 15 minutes whether this movie is for you.

This could have been released theatrically with the level of talent involved. Also an insane amount of Easter eggs and deep cuts (Avengers: United they Stand !?) that had me constantly pausing and rewinding. The writing did almost try to get too clever and in-jokey at times, but I still loved it!
I agree, very Roger Rabbity..... but I loved it. For all the same reasons you mentioned.

Also, any theatre fans in the house? There was an easter egg for the musical Pippin!!

I knew from the trailer that this was NOT for me. To me it seems like they are insulting Rescue Rangers and the characters just seemed off - mostly due to the voices. Couple that with the fact that I am not a big fan of Mulaney or Samberg, and I know I'd be on the other half of your audience.
I think it looks so funny! But I do like Mulaney & Samberg. But I agree it looks more like roger rabbit than rescue rangers.

Pricing and Showtimes Revealed for June 2022 Return of Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue

Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue will be returning June 23, 2022 and Disney World has updated the webpage for the dining experience.

Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue will be performed 3 times per night at 4pm, 6:15pm, and 8:30pm. Hoop is a two-hour show that includes an all-you-care-to-enjoy meal and unlimited draft beer, wine and sangria are available for Guests 21 years of age and up (proper ID required). Soft drinks are also included.

Here’s a look at the seating chart and prices. The prices will remain the same as they were after a 2020 price increase of a couple of dollars over 2019 prices.

Reservations will be available starting May 26 for showtimes beginning June 23, 2022. Reservations will be available to be made up to 60 days in advance and are highly recommended.

Pricing and Showtimes Revealed for June 2022 Return of Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue

Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue will be returning June 23, 2022 and Disney World has updated the webpage for the dining experience.

Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue will be performed 3 times per night at 4pm, 6:15pm, and 8:30pm. Hoop is a two-hour show that includes an all-you-care-to-enjoy meal and unlimited draft beer, wine and sangria are available for Guests 21 years of age and up (proper ID required). Soft drinks are also included.

Here’s a look at the seating chart and prices. The prices will remain the same as they were after a 2020 price increase of a couple of dollars over 2019 prices.

Reservations will be available starting May 26 for showtimes beginning June 23, 2022. Reservations will be available to be made up to 60 days in advance and are highly recommended.
hoping to get tickets for this in late June. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Is there any news on when extra magic hours and, mainly, merchandise delivery to the hotel in California, except ‘later this summer’? Also the magic bands and the Hey Disney thing. Does that mean July or what, cuz I’m going late July.

Am I dis-remembering or did they expand Category 1 to include all of the ground floor? Didn't it just used to be only the half or 2/3rds near the stage with Category 2 scovering the rear part? And I can't really tell if Category 2 is on the balcony (looks like it probably is) or on the floor.

Am I dis-remembering or did they expand Category 1 to include all of the ground floor? Didn't it just used to be only the half or 2/3rds near the stage with Category 2 scovering the rear part? And I can't really tell if Category 2 is on the balcony (looks like it probably is) or on the floor.
The Disney website says:

Choose from 3 different seating categories. Refer to the seating chart for seat locations in proximity to the stage. Wheelchair-accessible seating is located in Category 1 and Category 2. Category 3 seating is located on the second floor of Pioneer Hall, which has no elevator access.​

So it sounds like Cat. 2 is ground floor only, way in the back, and the balcony is Cat. 3 only. It's hard to be sure from the diagram whether Cat. 1 has expanded, but it certainly appears so.

Edited to add another quote from the Disney website, farther down under Seating:

Category 3 tables are located on the second floor, which has no elevator access. Wheelchair-accessible seating is located in Category 1 and Category 2 sections.​

So sounds pretty clear to me that Cat. 2 is ground floor only, no balcony.

This map is old and it looks to be the same. Category 2 is ground floor in the back where the balcony overhang is and the balcony looking straight ahead at the stage (plus 1 table on each side). Category 3 is the balcony on the left and right of the stage.

1653174606513.png

Any suggestions on seating? Should we pay the difference for category 1, or is category 3 ok? Also, is the show 1 hour?

Pick Up Your FREE Lavender Seeds in Epcot, Through July 4th

As part of the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival, Epcot is offering free lavender seeds to guests visiting the Blossoms of Fragrance Garden.

IMG_6336-1024x768.jpeg

Along the main promenade, Cast Members are handing out packets of lavender seeds for guests to take home and plant.

Leadership Shuffle Announced for Disney Parks Division

Following the news of the retirement of George Kalogridis, there has been a bit of a leadership shuffle at the Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products (DPEP) division of The Walt Disney Company.

Essentially, Disney Parks Chairman Josh D’Amaro made some adjustments to cover some of the responsibilities that formerly fell on Kalogridis’ shoulders. Here are the changes:

• Thomas Mazloum will be expanding his role as President, New Experiences Portfolio and Disney Signature Experiences. Mazloum will not only cover Disney Signature Services, but also expand his focus outside of the berm to explore new initiatives for DPEP.
  • Stephanie Young has been named President, Disney Vacation Club, Adventures & Expeditions, and Disney Institute/National Geographic Live after D’Amaro rolled up Disney Institute/National Geographic Live into Disney Signature Services.
  • Tasia Filippatos has been named President, Consumer Products, Games and Publishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter