Disney Magic November 10th, 2019 Very MerryTime Cruise

My youngest (the one heading to college) is asking for me to start planning cruises over college break. The older one has said once he has built up enough time to be taking vacations, just give him ample notice (which if we book on board that would be 18 months!) and he wants to be included on the cruise vacation planning. I have tried to make barters and deals so that I can get back to the parks, but nothing is good enough to take the place of Disney Cruise FOOD!!!!:cake::stir::mickeybar:drinking1 Plus the special Indian food treat.
With the boys grown, I will/should finally get the occasional couples trip to the worlds.
~Tlink~

Our first cruise without them was the Panama Canal, that was awesome, very few kids onboard and we made tons of friends who we are still in touch with. Since the boys stopped cruising we have taken them to Eorope, DC, and soon Vegas. For us it has turned into a great balance giving us couple time and family time. We aren’t park people, hate the lines.

Our first cruise without them was the Panama Canal, that was awesome, very few kids onboard and we made tons of friends who we are still in touch with. Since the boys stopped cruising we have taken them to Eorope, DC, and soon Vegas. For us it has turned into a great balance giving us couple time and family time. We aren’t park people, hate the lines.
Non-Disney question, but adult children time question.
This past Christmas was the first time we really did a family get together where it was 3 sets of couples. It was my husband an myself (mom and dad), our oldest and his wife (of only 2 weeks), and our youngest and his serious girl friend (they have talked beyond college). We all sat and had adult conversation. A few times we were drawn back to the 'when we were ....' but not to often. Is that what it transitions in to? More friendship than anything else?
If that's to personal, you don't have to answer, you just seem to be on the same wave length.

Non-Disney question, but adult children time question.
This past Christmas was the first time we really did a family get together where it was 3 sets of couples. It was my husband an myself (mom and dad), our oldest and his wife (of only 2 weeks), and our youngest and his serious girl friend (they have talked beyond college). We all sat and had adult conversation. A few times we were drawn back to the 'when we were ....' but not to often. Is that what it transitions in to? More friendship than anything else?
If that's to personal, you don't have to answer, you just seem to be on the same wave length.

Yes seems like we are in the same boat ( literally!)
The holidays are similar for us. A new phase which I really am enjoying.
My youngest is still in high school so it is a bit different with him.

Missyp, looking at your avatar every day until the cruise is going to force me to have to go straight to a dining room and order myself a Mickey bar after being welcomed aboard!

Anywho, that's not what I was jumping on for tonight, the devilishly delicious treat just caught my eye. And made me loose my train of thought as well. I think I was going to ask if y'all already get my Monday Forget Me Not's. As I am typing it though, it wouldn't make sense for me to say if so, I would quit posting here, because we may pick up other cruisers in the next 10 or so months.
Anyway, have a great night. I will be by with a post tomorrow.
~Tink~

Happy Monday everyone! We have 42 Mondays to go!!
Over the weekend the window for booking resort and hotel rooms at the end of our cruise became available. So I had a fun weekend of click, look and read, click, look and read...

And no matter what the commercials tell you about how you can use this one site and enter in your destination one time and it will do all of the work for you, I am here to tell you, A I has not progressed far enough to know all of the possible, "yeah, but what if's....". So, the manual search still continues.

After looking at hotels and in the not to distant future the flights home, I know it may be tempting to be thinking that today's Forget Me Not is a travel agent (and being that I would like to work in the industry as a travel concierge you would think I would be directing you in that direction), but no. Today's Forget Me Not is Reservations.

For those of you reading this as you are planning the same cruise as I am, you may have 2 different opportunities to make reservations. For those of us that do not live in New York or San Juan, we will have to travel to and from our port. Flying in the day of embarkation, and flying out the day of disembarkation can be done, but it is a little risky, and the subject for another blog post.

For those of you who did not go through a travel agent, and you used Disney travel. You can have them arrange for a hotel stay for the night before we board.

For other cruise lines, this service is available as well.

As I write this post, we are just shy of 10 months for the up coming cruise which as I mentioned is 42 weeks. And I know this seems like quite a while, but it will go fast. I am not going to waste your time talking about New York as it is a large city full of places to sleep. San Juan on the other hand is not. When I was looking through the available rooms, there were not as many available rooms as there had been prior to the hurricane, and many of the remaining hotels in Old San Juan seemed to have been converted to privately run boutique hotels. This has resulted in a lower number of available rooms. A quick refresher course in economics will show us that as a result of supply and demand, the fewer items, the higher the cost. So, the fewer the rooms in a desirable area, the higher the cost for those rooms.

For example, we had wanted to stay in Old San Juan. As we searched for a room that would be handicap accessible (basically all we cared was that the hotel had an elevator - which described all but 1), 10 months prior to our arrival we were finding Single rooms with a Full size bed and no amenities, some with shared baths, with the lowest for $139.
If we went to the other side of the airport and stayed on the beach in a resort in the rain forest it would run me $152 for a King room full of amenities.

No, this is not about the exact costs, but more about the supply of rooms in all of Old San Juan compared to the supply of rooms at the resort. The lower quality of rooms in Old San Juan can demand the same price as a resort because they know that people want to stay in that area even if it means over paying. That also means that the longer you wait to book your room, the higher the room prices will go.

*<Tink Moment>San Juan is a beautiful vacation destination, but
it is also still recovering from a devastating storm. They are
still limited on resources. In many destinations I would
recommend that you could explore the area on your own,
make your own plans and reservations. For this leg of your
journey, it is my suggestion, that you, at the very least, go
with someone like toursbylocals.com. They know the area.
They know what is safe.

Side note for my readers that are not sailing with us in November (even though I would love to see you too). First thanks for reading this far, leave me a note so I know that you got here! There is more to this post than just preparing for hotel stays for after the cruise.
We have to prepare for travels that we take as well. No matter when we vacation away from home, I plan as early as I can. The earlier the better. That gives me the best chance to get the room that I want, at the best price. True story, the picture below is taken from a window of a hotel that I booked at check out the year before because I knew the boat would be going by just like that when we were there the following year. Timing is a key factor in economics!

~Tink~

Attachments

• wonder at night.PNG
    wonder at night.PNG
    340.5 KB · Views: 0
Someone just shared this with me and I thought others might want to know...
From the State Department:
Emergency Alert
December 22, 2018
Passport Services during lapse of appropriations
We continue to offer passport services during the lapse of appropriations for the federal government.
You can still apply for a U.S. passport book or passport card at all passport agencies and centers and acceptance facilities (such as U.S. post offices, libraries, or county clerk’s offices) during the lapse of appropriations. You can also renew your passport by mail. Our processing times remain the same: 4-6 weeks for routine service and 2-3 weeks for expedited service.
If you have a scheduled appointment at a U.S. Department of State passport agency or center, please plan on keeping your appointment. If you need to cancel your appointment, you may do so by visiting the Online Passport Appointment System or by calling 1-877-487-2778. If you have a scheduled appointment at a passport acceptance facility and need to cancel your appointment, please contact the facility directly.

Happy Monday Everyone!!!!
We have 41 Mondays until we set sail to some place much warmer. I am sure that if you are reading this at the time of publishing you could use a little bit of that warm vacation weather right about now. This weeks Monday Forget Me Not is To Disconnect. I hope you can disconnect and be distracted from the cold as you read today's blog long enough to warm up just a bit.
So, here we go...don't forget to Disconnect.

Don't forget, that we are all on vacation. Back in the real world, I know that I can not go more than 2 minutes without one of my mobile devices notifying me that there is something I need to do....read and email, place an order, make a call, eat lunch, .....
And I am sure that this is true for most everyone else as well. But, speaking on behalf of my family, we need time to unplug and enjoy life without all of the distractions.
Disney has made it easy for us to loose contact with the real world. Unlike the parks, they have not provided the passengers with free WiFi (we will be able to use the on board intranet for the Navigator App, but that does not connect us to all of the distractions back home...I will cover that in another post - I promise). If you want to (or have to) log on to check emails, or check in, or anything else, you will either have to pay for each Megabit or wait until we dock and find a free WiFi location (look for a post on this) . On our last couple of cruises (with Disney), they have had a special for 50 free megabits if you sign in and claim them before midnight of our first day aboard (Disney cruisers see picture below...other cruise lines have previously offered this to repeat cruisers at certain loyalty levels). I cannot say with absolute certainty that this will still be available, but it is worth keeping an eye out for if you think you will need to feed your digital addictions.
So, take some time away from the digital world and enjoy a stress free, demand free get away.
**Side note, I know as well as anyone that being connected is as much of an addiction as my husbands need to drink at least two 32 oz sodas a day (believe me, his caffeine withdrawals are not pretty). So, plan ahead to start weaning yourself down prior to the trip.

Have a great week!
~Tink~

Happy Monday!
We are one week closer to the cruise, one week closer to the end of this school year and the beginning of summer, which means one week closer to the end of winter (hurray).
Today's Forget Me Nots are lessons for us not to forget. There are 2 different types of people. One who has to learn by doing - my oldest son...'Clinton don't touch that it's hot, Clinton don't touch that it's hot..."ouch that's hot, it hurts". Or the other that learns by observing others. From my experience this is usually a younger sibling (maybe because I am a younger sibling, or because I didn't catch our younger one doing as much). Hopefully everyone is a type 2 learner so that none of you (or I) end thinking wow okay I guess that really can happen.
Enjoy the list, and yes, much like they need to put the warning on a blow dryer that you should not use in the shower, some of these actually had to be mentioned.

Home School Mom - Travel Expert / Blogger - Disney Dreamer
3 hrs

Happy Monday everyone!
We have 40 Mondays to go!!!
Today's Monday Forget Me Not's is a collection of Epic Cruise Oh No's that I hope you will not forget and will learn from.

This is a collection of 17 different stories from readers who have shared mistakes they had made on cruises. The stories are not only amusing and enlightening but educational as well. I wanted to say I was sharing these with you so that none of us are caught making the same flu-bubs, but I also thought you could enjoy the humor in them as well.

By the way, *Tink Moment side note * I am proof that even seasoned cruisers can make some (or at least 1) of these mistakes. 5 cruises back, I was in the same spot that the writer of the Baring the Minimum was in, and I found that repurposing swim suit bottoms was an acceptable solution. Watch for a Forget Me Not on that subject!!!!

It's not just me, here are stories from 17 other readers who made crazy mistakes. You are going to want to take note of these to make sure you know what to avoid.

1. Going Once, Going Twice…

Letting my hubby hold the paddle at the art auction. Unbeknownst to me, he fell asleep. I nudged him to say how much fun I was having, and he woke up, up with the paddle, and we'd bought a print!

Fortunately, it was not too expensive. We were laughing our butts off as we spoke to Parkside, and they offered to let us decline the purchase. But I insisted on following through. That print now hangs in our living room and brings a smile to my face every time I see it, and it's been 14 years!

--Queen of Oakville

2. It's 5 O'clock Somewhere

Spending a little too much time at Papas and Beers in Ensenada and not knowing what time it was. All of a sudden, looking around and realizing that the bar has emptied and I'm still there holding a beer and it's 15 minutes before sail time. We made it back (yes, we were "dock runners" before we knew what the term meant). NEVER AGAIN!

--Tapi

3. Not a Priceless Moment

First cruise -- honeymoon cruise -- 1999. Walked into the cabin. DH reaches over and pops the tabs on two Cokes so that we can toast the start of our new life together. He assumed that the Cokes were complimentary. Then, I noticed the card showing the price of those "free" Cokes. The look on his face was priceless.

--tinyrose

4. Looks can be Deceiving

First cruise, 1982. First port was Samana, Dominican Republic. We were booked on a tour for a beach day on a small island that was just a short boat ride away. We had everything in a beach bag, including sunscreen. They used small boats to transport us, and DH and I decided to sit on the bow on top of the cabin of this little white boat. Decided we would be fine to wait till we got to the island to apply the sunscreen.

Distances can look so deceiving on the sea! We both ended up with the worst sunburn ever on our bare legs! Thank God we were wearing hats and t-shirts!

--CruiseMore1

5. Better Late than Never

Not understanding the time change thing in Cozumel on our first cruise in 2008, we changed our watches so many times back and forth between the evening before and the day of that I didn't know what time it was!

We went on an excursion to Passion Island with the four other people we were cruising with, but when we were dropped back off at the pier, they dragged behind and I told my husband we needed to get back onboard. I really wanted to wash the sand out of certain places, you know what I mean?! We stayed in the room after freshening up, thinking we'd be sailing away at any moment. Found out later that they all stayed at the pier drinking and shopping and having a good time. I know much better now!
<Side note - the Navigator will have ship time on it every morning>
--DiamondDiva23

6. A Valuable Tip-Off

I didn't realize that you were to give the cabin steward their tip the last night. I figured I would give it to him the next morning before I left for the ship. Well, much to my surprise, when I returned to my cabin that night, I had no towels or pillows. That was a hard lesson to learn, had to dry off with the sheet (thank goodness he did leave those on the bed).
<Side note - Disney Cruisers - tip is already on your ship board charges>

--NLH Arizona

7. One Doozy of a Snooze

On my first cruise, I booked an inside cabin. After a very long travel day, I woke up the next morning, noticed it was dark and went back to sleep. What I didn't realize... the room was dark because I was in an inside cabin. I awoke again later that afternoon and realized I missed a half-day of my cruise!

Thankfully, it wasn't anything major, but as I look back to 20-plus years ago, it always brings a chuckle. By the way... I've never booked an inside cabin since.

--Host Andy

8. A Wardrobe Gone Awry

I am not a fashion person, but on cruises I bring a lot of different sandals. I do not bring any other footwear. Our last cruise was 14 nights, and when we were unpacking, I discovered I accidentally only packed one of every pair of sandals. I had nothing to wear on my feet. We ended up at Payless Shoes in our first port of St. Thomas.

--hladygirl

9. Baring the Minimum

I forgot to bring any underwear one trip. Every port stop was a search. Did you know it's very hard to find underwear in small tourist stops? My husband's solution to turn them inside out every other day didn't help.

--fabby50

10. A Waste of Space

We packed beach towels on our first cruise. Doh! What a waste of valuable luggage allowance.

--Esprit

11. Potion for the Motion

It was my first cruise, and I was scared about motion sickness. I bought some Dramamine just in case, so as soon as I started to feel even the slightest bit of nausea, I popped some of the magic pills and I felt fine.

That was until I had a couple of drinks with the pills. The combo made me super drowsy and before I knew it I had blacked out and then eventually passed out. I don't remember dinner in the MDR [main dining room] (even though I have plenty of selfie pics in my camera, and my friends have plenty of funny stories about my antics!), and I passed out on my bed fully dressed as soon as I made it to my cabin after dinner. I was so upset that I wasted my first night on the ship. I didn't touch the Dramamine for the rest of the cruise. I had plenty of drinks though!

--RayRay813

12. I've Seen Brighter Days

Experienced cruiser with a brand new iPad…. total electronic idiot. Got an app for a night light feature, including a clock. Didn't realize the clock would cause the iPad to try to roam to find the time where I was. Total cost: $187, before I found out what I had done, about day two of the cruise. Could have been worse -- it was a seven-day cruise.

P.S. Love the night light app. Just disable the automatic clock and set the time manually as you go through different time zones.
<side note - Airplane mode all devices>

--margeecruiser

13. Not Your Average Wake-Up Call

Fourteen days, very port intensive and a lot of activities scheduled off ship. I decided to jump in the shower as we sailed into port early one morning and be able to be ready the second they released the gangway. I exited the bathroom to discover not only were we docked (YAY!), but we had neighbors and I greeted (BUCK NAKED) a lovely couple having breakfast on their balcony, fully dressed. The husband cheerfully waved as I scrambled for the bathroom and for a towel to wrap around myself to be able to close the drapes.

--Clydesmom7865

14. Bring Your Own Floating Devices

Just got off our first cruise last week. I'd been reading Forget Me Nots for weeks and thought I had all the tips, tricks, etc. (tea lights, magnets, and clothes pins)

I thought I'd read that they will make an announcement when cabins are ready, and assumed until I heard that, we needed to keep our carry-ons with us. When we showed up to the muster drill, carry-on in tow, realizing we were the ONLY ones with a carry-on, I realized I messed up here.
<Side note- read your Navigator>

--sharse

15. Top(less) of the Morning to You

On our Eastern Caribbean cruise on Eclipse, my DH forgot his spare pair of glasses, so he went into the ocean at St. Martin's Orient Beach wearing his only pair. He asked me to take pictures of him standing in the surf… which led me to capture a pic of the wave that swallowed him (and his glasses).

He had to wear my spare pair the rest of the week (I wear contacts). I have much worse eyes than he does, and of course they are women's glasses!

To top it off, we were in Orient Beach's clothing-optional area. Right after he lost his glasses, a pretty, tanned and well-endowed lady came and laid her towel near us. I teasingly pointed her out to DH, who couldn't see her assets. Water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink!

--shoelover536

16. A Reminder a Day Keeps the Doctor Away

As a lifetime asthmatic, it is crucial that I have my asthma meds with me on all cruises. Well, on a 10-night Panama Canal cruise, I realized the first night at bedtime that I had only a few inhalations left on my inhaler. I soon ran out during the cruise and had to inhale well beyond the zero for the rest of the cruise, knowing the inhaler was empty but praying a few medicinal fumes were left.

Long story short: If you have really important prescription medications, make absolutely certain you have all you need before you step foot on the ship. On a cruise ship you may not be able to get any medications you left behind at home.

--Gangway Style

17. Transportation Troubles

My wife and I took a cab to the Butterfly Farm on St. Maarten. After we had toured the farm, we asked for the owner to call a cab for us to get back to the pier. He just kind of laughed and said that with six ships in town, no cab would come all the way out to them to pick up just two people.

We asked what to do and he suggested we walk to Orient Beach. He pointed to a parasail and told us to walk towards it and we would bump into the beach at some point. After walking for a while and feeling nervous that we were lost, we finally found some people that directed us to the beach. Learned to plan ahead for transportation.

--mngolfer

~ Tink ~

Yes seems like we are in the same boat ( literally!)
The holidays are similar for us. A new phase which I really am enjoying.
My youngest is still in high school so it is a bit different with him.
Missyp, just wanted to check and see if you wanted to join the FE. Jennifer has started one.

Just booked this Cruise. So excited it will be My boyfriend and I and my 3 children. I live locally so this will be nice not to fly to get to the cruise.

Welcome aboard Mika02!
:welcome::welcome::welcome:
Excited to have someone from New York in the group. I have never been to New York, so I have lots of questions!!!!!!

~Tink~

Welcome aboard Mika02!
:welcome::welcome::welcome:
Excited to have someone from New York in the group. I have never been to New York, so I have lots of questions!!!!!!

~Tink~

Sure I love the city I haven't lived there since college I live in NJ now but we love doing the touristy stuff there now :D

Welcome Mika02!
Native New Yorker here too, but also currently living in NJ.
This will be our second cruise out of NY and we love the convenience. Last one ended in NY so there was no flying, which was really great!

Missyp, just wanted to check and see if you wanted to join the FE. Jennifer has started one.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Pixiehallow, we already joined an FE for this cruise

Missyp, just wanted to check and see if you wanted to join the FE. Jennifer has started one.

Thanks Pixiehallow, we already joined an FE for this cruise[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the reply. Not a problem Jennifer is learning the ropes before the end of summer on pour of last minute joiners hits!
~Tink~

Happy Monday everyone! We have a mere 39 Mondays until we set sail.

In today's Monday Forget Me Not's I have a storage and organizational tip to share with you. When traveling, especially on a cruise, you never have enough storage area. That can not be stressed enough when speaking of the bathrooms.

So, the best solution is to,
Plan to pack a shoe organizer w/ a hook on the top to hang on the towel hook on the inside of the bathroom door (Disney no longer allows over the door hangers. If you use one that goes over the door, you run the risk of getting a repair bill added to your account).

Prohibited Items – Frequently Asked Questions

Q.
Can I decorate my stateroom door or hang items over the doors?

A.
To ensure an enjoyable cruise experience for all our Guests, we ask that you take note of the following guidelines for decorating your stateroom door. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

You are welcome to place magnetic signs on your stateroom door. Though, please note that Concierge staterooms on the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy have wooden doors. You may not affix items to your stateroom doors using tape or any adhesive, including removable gel adhesives, as this can damage the doors’ finish.

Also, using over-the-door hanging organizers is prohibited, as they can scratch and/or disfigure stateroom doors and trim.

Guests who damage doors in violation of these guidelines will be assessed a $100 fee per incident to cover the cost of repairs.

See a complete list of items prohibited on board Disney Cruise ships and on Castaway Cay.
These organizers come in handy when you are trying to keep all of your bathroom stuff organized, out of reach of little hands, and clutter free. Here are some really nice options. My favorite, and the one you will find in my luggage is shown below as well.

~Tink~

upload_2017-5-22_11-57-40-png.238681

16 Pockets Hanging Over Door Shoe Organizer Storage Rack Bag Box

Search: one hook hanging shoe organizer

upload_2017-5-22_11-58-8-png.238682

upload_2017-5-22_11-58-29-png.238683

My favorite because the each part is held in by velcro so you can take it off to use what you need, and then put it right back.
my door hang organizer.jpg

Happy Monday everyone!! We have 38 Monday's until we set sail.

I decided to write the topic for today's Monday Forget Me Not's as I sat in my dermatologists office this past Friday for my bi-annual check up for melanoma and then unexpected biopsy.

You guessed it - Sun Screen - During our wonderfully warm vacation (can you tell I am ready for winter to be over :cold: ) you will be out in the sun more often than usual, and you will be closer to the equator (where, believe me, the sun index burns brighter) than where you are at home. So protect your skin. Being proactive is better than paying the price later (I am speaking from experience...I look back at my 15 year old self on the swim team and shake my head wondering what was I thinking, "Get a good burn at the start of summer to help me tan better???? - My adult self regrets every swim season w/out sunscreen ). Also, there are better things to spend your vacation dollars on, than over priced sunscreen. I am sure everyone will find something in one of Mickey's stores more worth the $ than sunscreen.

Keep in mind when you are deciding how much to get and pack, you and your family, potentially, will be in the sun all day, every day, of the cruise. And everyone that has ever read the instructions on the sunscreen bottle knows that you have to apply, apply, and reapply. So even though this is a fairly short cruise, be generous when calculating how much to bring.

Just a suggestion (as you notice no sales link): On our last cruise, I discovered sunscreen wipes. We figured on needing 3 to 4 packs per person each day. This was so much easier than trying to calculate how many uses we could get out of a bottle, or spray can (If you are interested in a review of the sun screen wipes please let me know in a comment below). With summer just around the corner (I hope - ☀️), I am sure you will have plenty of opportunities to figure out how far your sunscreen will go

Have a great week.

~Tink~
sunscreen wipescopy.jpg

Happy Monday Everyone!

264 days OR 37 Mondays until we sail past Lady Liberty on our way to fun in the sun. Before which time I hope everyone has remembered their Passport. Which I am sure that they have because that is this weeks Monday Forget Ne Not.
This week , I want to share part of an email that I received from my travel agent. As you read through it, remember that this is my travel agent talking to her client, so, the I's and me's are referring to my agent, Not ME!
Also, you can check out this Disney Cruise Line page for more information: https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faq/ships-cruises/required-documents/
As you begin your countdown to cruising I just wanted to remind you
about information needed regarding your proof of citizenship
documents as well as any other documents you may need to supply.
Guests without proper documentation will be denied boarding.Travel
restrictions for each destination country may vary according to a
Guest's citizenship.
You can also enter the information directly on the Disney Cruise
line site during the online check in process if you prefer not to
send passport information via email.
***Please make sure you have provided me with your FULL legal names as they appear on your proof of citizenship documents.
US citizens may travel on closed loop cruises (leaving from and
returning to the SAME US port) with a birth certificate and gov
issued photo id. The birth certificate should be an original raised
seal copy. Children who are US citizens need only the birth
certificate. Non US Citizens will need a passport.
I do recommend passports for ALL as this is the ONLY document
that will allow you to travel by air should something happen in a
foreign port.
Passports are required for repositioning cruises (leaving from
and going to a DIFFERENT port) and cruise traveling to all
International destinations, as well as for cruises that involve air
travel that begins or ends outside of the U.S. Passports must be
valid for at least six months after the last day of travel. In addition
to a valid passport, many countries require an entry visa based
on your nationality.
When accessing your cruise page online, you'll find important
travel guidelines and regulations relevant to your individual
itinerary. However, it is your responsibility to check with
government agency, embassy or consulate to ensure that you
have all the proper documentation to board the ship and enter
each of the countries on your cruise. U.S. travelers can visit the
U.S. State Department's travel website or call the U.S. National
Passport Information Center at (877) 4USA-PPT [877-487-2778]
for more information.
Other documents you may need include a minor authorization
form (needed if a minor under age 17 is traveling without a
parent or legal guardian) or medical form if you have any specific
medical needs. These forms are available on your cruise page. If
you are unable to find them let me know and I can send you a
copy.
When checking in at the port you will need to supply your port
arrival form (this has replaced the signature page now that
Disney has gone to electronic acceptance of the cruise contract),
proof of citizenship documents and any other required
documents for your cruise.​
Please let me know if you have any questions about the above
requirements.
If this left you more confused, or you have any questions, I would be happy to help where I can, but your travel agent can also help clarify any questions that are now running around in your head and can calm any anxieties I just stirred up.

Here is a card that was on the US State Departments site for Travelers, specifically for cruisers, and you can find more information here: https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...al-considerations/cruise-ship-passengers.html
cruiseship.travel.tips.JPG

All in all, I hope it helps with your preparations. Have a great week.

Happy Monday everyone! We are down to only 36 more Mondays. :eek:

Today's Monday Forget me Not's is not only looking forward to our cruise, but thinking about after the cruise as well.

This week I thought it would be a good idea to remind everyone not to forget that no one likes to come home after a trip, and be reminded that their vacation is over.

One thing that always is the rude awakening that it is time to get back to the daily grind is vacation laundry. I don't know about your family, but mine definitely makes more dirty clothes on vacation than in a normal week. :laundy:

No worries though, there is a solution. Our home away from home comes equipped with do it yourself laundry rooms. If you plan ahead, utilizing this amenity before disembarkation will make the return to civilization a bit easier. To prepare, toss a collapsible laundry basket into your suitcase, along with a few single load detergent packs (if you happen to forget detergent, they do have some available at Disney prices ). And the machines do not require change. All you have to do is swipe your key to the world card, and you are set.

If you don't plan to wash all of your clothes, it still is nice to do a quick load of all the swim gear. The chlorine, sun screen, and beach smell don't smell as good as they did on vacation, after they have sat in a plastic bag inside your suitcase for several hours. A word of advice though, if you are planning to do a load after a fun day at the beach, please, please rinse the sand out of your suit before putting it in the washing machine. There is a large wash sink in the laundry rooms for just that purpose. When sand gets into those machines, everything gets all clogged up, and your clothes just don't come clean.

There are 3 laundry locations on the Magic (deck plan).
upload_2019-2-24_17-6-36.png

And 1 load of laundry cost $2 to wash and $2 to dry.
The wash, dry, and iron instructions are pictured below.
Now if you really don't want to go to the self service laundry, there is a laundry and dry cleaning service available on board as well for a charge.
Speaking of charges, keep in mind, that you will not be able to use the laundry service the last night of the cruise, and to make things easier at disembarkation, it would be a good idea to not make any more charges after midnight on our final night. That does go into another topic of forms of payment, and we will save that for another day!

Have a great week -
~ Tink ~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!