Disney Gift Cards at Sam's Club

I was a little bummed because all of the stores near me are out of the Disney gift cards. I guess it was a seasonal thing and some stores just have extra from what I was told. :(

Hmm - I may have to call our local Sam's. I have a bunch of mypoints to cash out, and you can get WalMart cards through them. If I can use those to get Disney ones, life would be great!!!

It is a very good idea to make a copy of the reciept you received when buying the gift cards along with a copy of the gift card. Especially the GC number.

We accidentally threw away one of our Sam's Disney GCs at Disney Quest when we were emptying out our trays from a meal. About an hour later the thought hit me that I never put the GC back in my wallet after we used it to eat with. Did we seriously throw that thing out with the trash? We had only used it once so it had about $45 left on it. I was NOT happy with myself....bad kitty, bad kitty!!

Once I was back home and had the receipts I was able to figure out which card it was that "disappeared". I called the number on the back of one of my other cards and they were very nice about putting the remaining balance onto anther GC and mailing it to us to use on a future trip. That was a relief as I was afraid that someone may have found it and used the remaining balance on it.

If I hadn't happened to have saved the receipt and known which card it was we "lost" we really would have lost that money.

Make copies and keep them in a safe place.....just in case you happen to do what we did....:lmao:

Are store just ran out of these. We did get 10 within the last month. I think they were supposed to just be for christmas originally. I also thought I could use them at DTD Disneystore. So I am not too disappointed that i can not get more.

Ours never got them at Christmas and told me they just got them in this month. They had hundreds of them.

I did a similar thing at Meijer when they offered a $5 meijer coupon if you bought a $25 Disney gift card. Beware that your travel agent may give you trouble. I used dreams unlimited and my agent told me that they wouldn't accept payments under $100. I had to get the owner involved for them to take them. So if you are using a travel agent, be sure to run it by them before you dive in. We ended up with over $200 in meijer money that we spent on groceries. It really felt like getting a big portion of our cruise for 20% off!

Went to my local Sams, and they had no clue what I was talking about.:sad2:
Need to call all the Sams in Chicago, this is to good of a deal to pass on.
If anyone knows of a Sams near the Chicagoland area that has them in stock, please let me know, TIA :goodvibes

Thank you OP. I read this post in the beginning of the month but didn't take much out of it since we are not sams members. Then I read it again and figured it was worth it to join for this alone. After being told 2x that the only SAMs near us didnt have any we drove there anyway. Purchased 18 for $1780 and got $180 in disney store cards! It was worth the $40 to join! Now the princesses dresses I was going to buy are going to be FREE!

Great job OP!

I did something similar, on a much smaller scale, this last holiday season. I bought Disney GC at Albertsons (grocery). They were giving $20 coupons (to use at Albertsons) for each $100 in GC purchased. I bought $200 to use to make the minimum purchase to get our AP this year ($79 min., balance on monthly payments). I earned $40 in free groceries,etc.

I also bought some other GC for places I go to anyway-movies, B&BW, etc.

It was a great deal but no where on the scale of what some of you are doing to pay off your cruises-I say it is totally worth it!

Can anyone please share, where the GC where located at in your store?
TIA:)

Ours were/are in the front of the store near the middle between the candy/nuts and the office supplies. It was on an "endcap" type of structure that had several types of gift cards hanging on it. The Sam's Club here got them in for Christmas and they had only three left the last time I shopped there. It will be interesting to see if they get additional ones in.

So if I purchase the gift cards, can I pay for the Disney Dining Plan and my park tickets with the actual Disney gift card? As for the disney store gift card, does it have to be used on merchandise? I know they sell park tickets at the disney store. Can you use the disney store gift card on the tickets?

Went to my local Sams, and they had no clue what I was talking about.:sad2:
Need to call all the Sams in Chicago, this is to good of a deal to pass on.
If anyone knows of a Sams near the Chicagoland area that has them in stock, please let me know, TIA :goodvibes

Not Chicago but Rockford, IL Sams Club had them in stock a few weeks ago...They had quite a few in stock...I don't know if they came in recently or if it was left over from Christmas...

So if I purchase the gift cards, can I pay for the Disney Dining Plan and my park tickets with the actual Disney gift card? As for the disney store gift card, does it have to be used on merchandise? I know they sell park tickets at the disney store. Can you use the disney store gift card on the tickets?
You can only use the $10 bonus cards on MERCHANDISE in Disney Store or DisneyStore.com. No gift cards at all. It states this clearly on the bonus card. I tried, too. The $100 gift card is good on ANYTHING Disney (parks, vacation, stores, anything).

OK, I admit I actually pulled up the Sam's Club website to see how much a membership costs. :rotfl:

Then I realized I've never even seen a Sam's Club anywhere near me, so I put in my zip code and searched for the closest location. It tells me there's a Sam's only 15.4 miles away... umm, sure, if I could fly a direct route over the mountain. Actual driving distance is 75 miles! :eek:

Obviously not a deal for me. Congrats to those it makes sense for though. :thumbsup2

I FOUND THEM!!!!:cool1: :banana: :woohoo: :cheer2: :yay:
Called 10 Sams and 2 of them had them in stock. Bought 20 cards and am super excited. Anyone looking for them in Illinois, I know the Sams in Joliet had at least 20 left in stock.

I'm so excited. I just ordered:
2 Mickey Sweatshirt pullover hoodies
1 Toiletries Mickey Bag
1 mickey fanny pack for my DS
1 Tangled snack cup

Total: $43
Used my bonus Disney gift certs to make it FREE!

Also, the castmember told me to order the gift card, pay by credit card and then call in and use a gift card to pay for it...he said it will work.

Don't hold me responsible but that's what he said. I was thinking I should have kept HIM on the phone while I placed that order and had him do it immediately but I was dumb and got off the phone. Might want to call, find a castmember that WILL do it and keep them on the phone when you place an order.

IF you try it, let me know if you have any luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter