Disney Gift Cards at Sam's Club

GREAT JOB!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

It was well worth it to me....I did a similiar thing to pay my DVC dues last month. Just so happens I was at Sam's yesterday and they had 4 cards left so, I bought another one. We are going 3/31 so, we will use it to upgrade our tix to annual passes. Might go grab another one today if there still there.

Here is what I would like to do. We get reward points through our bank and they offer gift cards for those points. Unfortunately, they do not offer any Disney Cards. ALTHOUGH, they do offer Walmart and Sam's. My Sams says they do not have any and my Walmart says to keep checking back. I would LOVE to be able to use the points to by Sams GCs and convert them to Disney Cards and Pay on our Dec. trip. What is the possibility of this?

It was only about a 1/2 hour for the extra $27, that is almost a dollar a minute. It was worth it to me.

I am glad so many others have been able to take advantage of this deal!

OMG, I was laughing so hard reading this post (OP). It is just the kind of hair-brained scheme I would come up with to get "free-money" and the kind of scheme that makes my DH crazy!! Congrats!!

I did the same thing for an upcoming Cruise and Trip to World. Ended up buying 35 cards (20 at one Sam's and 15 at another, I got all the first store had in stock...) The cast member's on the phone have been very patient in redeeming them on my reservations. I'm sure they congregate in their breakroom and tell stories of crazy calls like mine... Certainly a good deal if you can take advantage of it. No problems redeeming bonus cards at Disney Store in the mall and via DisneyStore.com (though you have to call them if using more than one gift card in a purchase...)

Paul

I have 3 Disney things this year i thought about doing this too. It makes sense to me. We are going in May for 5 days, Nov is hotel and cruise so free money is free money to me.

Tonight was intersting to say the least! LOL

Grand Total of savings/rewards for our next vacation .... $327.51
and we reaped the benefits of $327.51!

We plan on using the $30 savings to buy a Disney Gift Card, saving the Disney Reward Dollars for WDW, and using the Disney Store Gift cards online to buy gifts for the kids and Park merchandise like souvenirs before we go.

Just curious, didn't you get charged sales tax? How does that factor into the savings?

Ah ha thanks for the sales tax info. I may try something like this if I can find the gift cards.

GREAT JOB!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

It was well worth it to me....I did a similiar thing to pay my DVC dues last month. Just so happens I was at Sam's yesterday and they had 4 cards left so, I bought another one. We are going 3/31 so, we will use it to upgrade our tix to annual passes. Might go grab another one today if there still there.

Did you buy the gift cards and then call member services to give them the #s on the cards to pay your dues? Did they have a problem taking so many? I do alot of things to save money, but I think my DH would be mortified if I showed up at WDW with 40 GCs! This may work with the dues though...

Just picked up 2 GC at our Sam's CLub today. Does anyone know if I can use them at Epcot Restaurants? We are going to Biergarten.

Thanks

Did you buy the gift cards and then call member services to give them the #s on the cards to pay your dues? Did they have a problem taking so many? I do alot of things to save money, but I think my DH would be mortified if I showed up at WDW with 40 GCs! This may work with the dues though...

Yes, I just called and gave them the number. No, she did'nt have a problem with it at all. She said you can use as many as you like.

I haven't read the whole thread...just the first and last page so I may have missed it, BUT....be sure to save all those gift cards until after your cruise. If something were to happen and you had to cancel the trip, Disney has to refund you on the same method you paid with. So you'll have to have the gift cards to use again :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter