Disney Gift Cards at Sam's Club

I want to thank you for this thread! We let our Sam's Club membership expire about a year ago so we do not shop there anymore. After reading through the original post and the last post about Sam's having a membership free weekend, DW and I headed there this morning.

Our final payment of $2500 is due in two weeks, so, timing-wise, this works out perfect for us. When we got there, we looked to see what payment types they accept and they take everything except VISA which is what I need to use. Based on the OP's experience, I spoke to the manager about purchasing Wal Mart gift cards and using them to buy Disney cards. Nobody could give me a straight answer, the best I got was that it SHOULD work. They suggested that I test with one like you did. Since Wal Mart is right next door, I walked over and bought a $100 gift card and went back to Sam's. It worked great! So, I went back to buy the rest and knew I had to split it between a couple of cards. The cashier was very nice and got it all rung up and my credit card was declined! I had to call and let Chase know that the charge was legit and then redo the transaction. I got back to Sam's and bought the rest and the cards.

In the end, we saved $30 by buying them at Sam's and got $260 in Disney Store gift cards! So, again, thank you for this thread!

We've done this for our past two trips. Buying Disney GCs at Sam's and getting the $10 DisneyStore bonus with each card, that is. (We didn't do the extra step of using the CC at Walmart. We just used our other CC that get cash back anyway.)

The only thing I'll warn you about is that the DisneyStore cards are difficult to redeem. They often shut down the system at the store for some reason. Also there is no place to enter more than 2(?) for an online purchase so you pretty much have to use them in person. Still worth it IMO! We have hundreds of dollars in free Disney merchandise. I think I'll go use some more for Easter basket gifts.

I haven't read the whole thread...just the first and last page so I may have missed it, BUT....be sure to save all those gift cards until after your cruise. If something were to happen and you had to cancel the trip, Disney has to refund you on the same method you paid with. So you'll have to have the gift cards to use again :)

We paid off our cruise with these Disney Gift Cards. Long story short, there was an issue (our TA was mistakenly removed from our ressie) and they had to refund our final payment, add the TA back on, then we had to make the final payment again.

Problem is that they refunded it back to the GC's used BUT they didn't keep the GC #'s to use once they fixed the error. LUCKILY, I have hoarding tendancies and was worried something like this might happen, so I had held on to all 20 of them. Otherwise we could have been really screwed!

We've done this for our past two trips. Buying Disney GCs at Sam's and getting the $10 DisneyStore bonus with each card, that is. (We didn't do the extra step of using the CC at Walmart. We just used our other CC that get cash back anyway.)

The only thing I'll warn you about is that the DisneyStore cards are difficult to redeem. They often shut down the system at the store for some reason. Also there is no place to enter more than 2(?) for an online purchase so you pretty much have to use them in person. Still worth it IMO! We have hundreds of dollars in free Disney merchandise. I think I'll go use some more for Easter basket gifts.

You can call in your order for disneystore.com and use as many of them as you like. It's just a little slower then ordering online (but doesn't cost you any gas!)

You can only use the $10 bonus cards on MERCHANDISE in Disney Store or DisneyStore.com. No gift cards at all. It states this clearly on the bonus card. I tried, too. The $100 gift card is good on ANYTHING Disney (parks, vacation, stores, anything).

So they actually consider don't consider buying park tix "merchandise"? Because it definitely is not considered a gift card.

Thank you soooo much to the OP for this tip!! I just bought 14 of them, saving $16 (since they are 98.87 each), and earning $140 extra!! woo hoo. That part can be put toward my Disney Dooney on the disneystore website.:cool1:

Disney parks merchandise ships for free right now through 4/20, use code parksfree. I had 2 $10 ones to use and placed 2 orders since you can only use one GC per order. I got my little Sydney infant Mickey ears on one order and Tinker Bell autograph books for my dd and my neice. Also, you can go through Ebates to get 5% back.

If you need to use more than one gc online: Place the order using a cc. Wait 15 minutes. Call customer service and let them know you would like to use gcs to pay the total. Its not a problem at all and you dont need to worry about your cc being charged because they dont charge til your items ship!

If you need to use more than one gc online: Place the order using a cc. Wait 15 minutes. Call customer service and let them know you would like to use gcs to pay the total. Its not a problem at all and you dont need to worry about your cc being charged because they dont charge til your items ship!

You don't even have to do that all you have to do is call the 800 number and tell them you want to place an order and do it over the phone using as many gift cards as need be.

My daughter was able to use the free" $10 GC at Disney world.
We just did this in March 2011.
They never said we couldn't use them, and they took them, on the park.
we used them at mousegears.
It say on the back you can use them on the park as you would cash, you can't use them for disney dollars or gift card.

You don't even have to do that all you have to do is call the 800 number and tell them you want to place an order and do it over the phone using as many gift cards as need be.

So good to know this! I didn't know you could only use one per order (I'm talking about the bonus $10 cards), or I might not have bought 14 of them! Can you use multiple ones at the local Disney store? I can't find anywhere on the package where it says use just one per transaction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter