Disney Gift Cards at Sam's Club

Here is the short version (LOL):

$2700 we had in cash paid towards the Disney Visa

Used Disney Visa to Buy $2700 worth of Sam's Club/Walmart gift cards to get $27 in Disney Rewards

Took WalMart/Sam's gift Cards to Sam's Club (they don't take credit cards)

Used WM/SC Gift Cards to buy Disney Gift Cards

Paid $98.87 for $100 card - saved $1.13 per card x 27 cards = $30.50

Got a $10 "free" Disney Store Gift card x 27 = $270 free dollars

Total of savings/rewards for our next vacation .... $327.51

We could have just used the cash at Sam's club and we still would have saved/received $300.51 in Savings and Gift cards, but I figured a way to get that extra $27 in Disney Rewards. LOL

It is over $300 in FREE money! That is worth the 1.5 hours of my life it took today!!

About a year ago our area Sam's clubs started taking credit cards but not all the clerks know they do. You do like at Walmart and hit cancel then credit and it takes the it as a credit card transaction. Try it next time and see if it works at your Sam's club so it will save you the trip to Walmart.

Congrats, great job!

Just one question, the $10 GC's, the ONLY plaace these can be used is in a Disney Store & cannot be used to purchase anything or converted to anythng so they can be spent in the parks?

Congrats, great job!

Just one question, the $10 GC's, the ONLY plaace these can be used is in a Disney Store & cannot be used to purchase anything or converted to anythng so they can be spent in the parks?

I have the same question!

Also, do you need a membership to purchase the gift cards at Sam's? Can you do some type of guest membership or something?

THANK YOU GOLDEELOX! I went and bought a SAM's membership, bought 10 (to start) gift cards with the $10 bonus store cards! After doing it with 28 cards as planned, we will have saved approx $32 (nearly the price of membership) and have gotten $280 free Disney Store credit! Wahhoo!

We are going to use the gift cards tonight and provided it is smooth sailing, we will do the same thing again tomorrow.

Can the $10 card be used at Down Town Disney at the big Disney store? I have also been doing this to pay off our cruise in May. I will have $200 in these $10 cards. The closes diseny store is Chicago. I know I can use them online, but haven't looked for anything yet.

Can the $10 card be used at Down Town Disney at the big Disney store? I have also been doing this to pay off our cruise in May. I will have $200 in these $10 cards. The closes diseny store is Chicago. I know I can use them online, but haven't looked for anything yet.
No the $10 Cards can only be used at DisneyStores or .com

Let me get this straight....
If I have a sam's and or walmart gift card, I can use them to purchase these Disney gift cards at sams?
Just trying to make sense of this :rotfl:

You can use any payment you want to use, as long as Sam's accepts it. The OP purchased a gift card for SAMS from WalMart so she could put it on her Disney Visa to earn Disney Dollars on that purchase. I went the more direct route and just used a Discover at Sams club for the Disney gift cards.

Ok I see :thumbsup2
So should I call my sams to verify that they will accept a sams gift card as payment for the disney cards or just go and assume they will?

My final payment for our trip last month, was due at Christmas. I read about the Sams cards here and went to my local one to get them-they had none, and I was told they were not expecting to get any.

So I paid the trip off, and when I went to Sams next (early Jan) there was a whole pallet of the Disney cards! :headache: I was so aggravated-I had wanted to buy like 20 of them.

They are still there-if you need cards, call the Newington CT Sams :rolleyes:

I thought you don't earn Disney rewards on gift card purchases? :confused3

A purchase is a purchase...why would you not earn rewards? I buy gift cards all the time for gifts and always use by Disney Visa and always get my points.

You cannot (in theory...some have been successful) use your Rewards Points to purchase Disney gift cards/dollars. Maybe that is what you are thinking of?

I am sorry for asking however i just needed to hear the answer -- can i take my $10 Disney Store promo. card & buy a Disney gift card (good for the parks) from the Disney Store?? :rolleyes: I know -- if it can be done someone would have already let us know -- but i just Had to ask! :goodvibes

Hitting Sams club today! I owe $2000 on our upcoming trip, and have the money to pay for it already, but will check on the GC first.
I can use the bonus money to buy "souveneirs" for people from our local Disney store. :thumbsup2
They also sell the cool light spinners there, so might as well try to get them free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter