Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
My GC's I ordered on Saturday from BJ's online are still processing today (Wednesday). Is this typical?

*Edit: They just shipped! *

So, did you just buy the $100 Disney GC with your credit card and only save 5% plush cc rewards?; or did you do something else for additional savings? Thank you.

Was in Sam's Club today and breezed by the gift card stand. Looked like Disney GC in-store price went up? The tag above the Disney GC said "144.98" Unless they were placed under an incorrect tag that's a price increase from $142.98, right?
Came home, went on Sam's online and the price there is still "$142.98 BUT... $5 shipping on the 5 packs I had in my cart. (used to be free shipping on GC)

That figures, I just decided to start buying from Sam's with slightly discounted Walmart cards!! :sad:

Was in Sam's Club today and breezed by the gift card stand. Looked like Disney GC in-store price went up? The tag above the Disney GC said "144.98" Unless they were placed under an incorrect tag that's a price increase from $142.98, right?
Came home, went on Sam's online and the price there is still "$142.98 BUT... $5 shipping on the 5 packs I had in my cart. (used to be free shipping on GC)

It's been $144.98 in store for a few months now.

Online I get 142.98 plus 0.99 cent value shipping, not $5.00 shipping.

I paid $142.98 this past weekend and $474.98 for the $500 cards

So, did you just buy the $100 Disney GC with your credit card and only save 5% plush cc rewards?; or did you do something else for additional savings? Thank you.

Yes, 5% off at BJ's ($94.99 for $100 GC), 5% cash back through Discover It (brings them to $90.25), 3% cash back via Mr. Rebates brings them down to $87.39 for $100 GC - a savings of about 12.5% :)

Yes, 5% off at BJ's ($94.99 for $100 GC), 5% cash back through Discover It (brings them to $90.25), 3% cash back via Mr. Rebates brings them down to $87.39 for $100 GC - a savings of about 12.5% :)

You can double that DiscoverIt cash back bonus during the first year you have a card. Also, you can get an extra 20% cash back at Mister Rebates if your spouse signs up first and then sends you a referral (the person who refers you will get 20% of the amount of your cash back). It takes the Mister Rebates cash back from3% to 3.6%. The total is almost a 20% savings.

Did anyone else get a $10 off coupon for Best Buy in the mail? It's like a big postcard thing. I don't see anywhere on it that excludes gift cards, but I wasn't sure. I think I'll try.

Mine are still pending at BJs.

They must be getting a bunch of orders before summer.

I created an excel file to calculate savings on cards. Let me know what you think, you may have to download to edit for yourself.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5r6ARSuwGyVQV9jQmJvOEpyams/view?usp=drivesdk

EDIT: I included three of my most recent purchases as examples. One from BJ's without MrRebates and a 1% CC cash back, one from BJ's with the 3% MrRebates and 1% CC cash back, and a $25 Target purchase with a gift card I got from Swagbucks.

Did anyone else get a $10 off coupon for Best Buy in the mail? It's like a big postcard thing. I don't see anywhere on it that excludes gift cards, but I wasn't sure. I think I'll try.
I've used a similar emailed offer on a Starbucks gift card at Best Buy. The cashier was wary and stood there and read all the fine print but finding no exclusions she typed/scanned it all up anyway and it worked just fine. If it doesn't work you could always decline to continue your purchase and you're just out the trip to BB.

You can double that DiscoverIt cash back bonus during the first year you have a card. Also, you can get an extra 20% cash back at Mister Rebates if your spouse signs up first and then sends you a referral (the person who refers you will get 20% of the amount of your cash back). It takes the Mister Rebates cash back from3% to 3.6%. The total is almost a 20% savings.

Does Mr. Rebates work for BJs? from looking at the site it looks like it's 3% back but excludes Giftcards (BJ's and third party)

Am I missing some loophole?

Does Mr. Rebates work for BJs? from looking at the site it looks like it's 3% back but excludes Giftcards (BJ's and third party)

Am I missing some loophole?

So far a couple have tried it (including me). The cash back is showing in my account but is currently "pending" so we will see. I only did a small purchase just in case.

Does anyone remember how long it took them to get their Discover It card? I wish I had applied earlier since this quarter is warehouse clubs. I need to buy about $4000 worth of Disney GCs at Bjs. So, if I do it before the end of June, I would earn $200 rewards initially, then another $200 for it at the end of the first year, correct? My husband will kill me if he knows I applied for another credit card, but it sounds like it is worth it.

Does anyone remember how long it took them to get their Discover It card? I wish I had applied earlier since this quarter is warehouse clubs. I need to buy about $4000 worth of Disney GCs at Bjs. So, if I do it before the end of June, I would earn $200 rewards initially, then another $200 for it at the end of the first year, correct? My husband will kill me if he knows I applied for another credit card, but it sounds like it is worth it.

There is a $1,500 max for these quarterly deals. So you would only get $150 total in rewards plus the 5%ish discount on the Disney cards.

I think it took about a week for my husband's card to arrive.

There is a $1,500 max for these quarterly deals. So you would only get $150 total in rewards plus the 5%ish discount on the Disney cards.

I think it took about a week for my husband's card to arrive.

Thank you. That is still pretty darn good!

So, now I am going to just vent a little on here if you don't mind. I work with over 175 people, mostly men, and no one, including my bosses, could recognize me or thank me for National Administrative Professionals Day. They sure can ask for favors and help all day long, but can't give me a simple, free, thank you! I am very upset about this. Thank you for letting me vent.

So, now I am going to just vent a little on here if you don't mind. I work with over 175 people, mostly men, and no one, including my bosses, could recognize me or thank me for National Administrative Professionals Day. They sure can ask for favors and help all day long, but can't give me a simple, free, thank you! I am very upset about this. Thank you for letting me vent.

So sorry! And thanks for the reminder...my DH is at a conference all week but I'll need to get him a card for his receptionist for next week. Rats! I can't believe I forgot :oops:

So far a couple have tried it (including me). The cash back is showing in my account but is currently "pending" so we will see. I only did a small purchase just in case.

I ordered some BJ's gift cards using Mr Rebates and it is showing the pending cashback for me too. This is the first time I've used Mr Rebates, so I don't know how long it usually takes to go from pending to in your account. The FAQ page for Mr Rebate says something along the lines that it can take up to 90 days to go from pending to in your account to protect from returns or something like that, but I don't know if that is the normal time line or not. Anyone else have previous experience with this avenue that has a better idea of how long it usually takes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter