disney dream

"Can we fish from the side of the Magical Disney Boat?"

been awhile since I got demerits...

If you folks don't hear from me again, you'll know why...

Hmmmm... "Humor is not funny if it is at the expense of another person."

All I see is fun-poking at a stereotype... I guess someone must have removed the part that was making fun of another person? :confused3

OMGosh! I'm laughing so hard as I've had to read all 9 pages of this...you all are probably the ones who have ridden the Mickey slide when you shouldn't have also. :rotfl2:

To Steve in Pcola...miss that place. Just moved from there for our 3rd time... :(

All I see is fun-poking at a stereotype... I guess someone must have removed the part that was making fun of another person? :confused3

Nope...what you see is all there was.

I seem to recall Cousin Eddie ("Vacation" movies) (as well as some of my distant relatives and wally-mart shoppers everywhere) were the inspiration.

I'm actually a lot more boring in person...:bored:

I may have to stand in the corner for this: posting a link to a closed thread, but here is a link to a thread I started a few years ago (which got closed down because, much like this one, one person got their feelings hurt and must have complained to the mods, but here goes anyway...presenting the classic:

"Can we fish from the side of the Magical Disney Boat?"

been awhile since I got demerits...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1746673

If you folks don't hear from me again, you'll know why...

I swear I'm not stalking you...but this just keeps getting better. :rotfl: I think the DIS boards should allow us to "subscribe" to other users' channels, a la YouTube. I'd totally follow your Twitter feed! :surfweb:

must....not....let....thread....die....cough cough...

:sick:

not sure if you're aware of this, but apparently someone stole a propeller from the Dream on the MV...well, that's what I've heard...So the Dream is having trouble docking at CC.

Dream has to park off-shore, a CM has to paddle ashore in one of the floats from the Aqua Duckie, holding a rope in his mouth. The CM hooks the rope to a tow truck parked at the dock. (And no, I do not know if stateroom 8059 will have a good view of the tow-in)
images

and pulls the Dream to the dock if the rope does not break...which has happened twice. Apparently the tow truck driver is new (this is his first cruise ship towing contract).

All Disboarders should be watching ebay and craigslist for someone selling a BIG propeller, as well as watching youtube for video of the actual theft by a large, smelly teenager.

7.jpg

I found this board after being gifted a dream cruise in July.

While I am grateful for all the insights and info everyone has...

I personally think the brightest spots are the posts where posters get creative just to make people laugh.

Thanks for the laughs... I am sure there are many who will bake you a mickey waffle with a file in it if you get sent to a DIS board time out room.

not sure if you're aware of this, but apparently someone stole a propeller from the Dream on the MV...well, that's what I've heard...So the Dream is having trouble docking at CC.

Dream has to park off-shore, a CM has to paddle ashore in one of the floats from the Aqua Duckie, holding a rope in his mouth. The CM hooks the rope to a tow truck parked at the dock. (And no, I do not know if stateroom 8059 will have a good view of the tow-in)
images

and pulls the Dream to the dock if the rope does not break...which has happened twice. Apparently the tow truck driver is new (this is his first cruise ship towing contract).

All Disboarders should be watching ebay and craigslist for someone selling a BIG propeller, as well as watching youtube for video of the actual theft by a large, smelly teenager.

7.jpg

Wait!!! You mean CM George is not going to be my main server on the Dream?!?!

I'm a newbie, and I love your humor!

Some people need to lighten up!

Wait! Let me get my quote book to let you know how cool you are . . . hold on . . . I'm looking . . . I have all the time in the world . . . I don't have a job or any real responsibilities . . . Oh, there is my book! Let me look for my first quote . . .

Disclaimer: All said in humor.

images

7.jpg

:scared1:Can't...stop...uncontrollable...laughter :laughing::lmao::rotfl::lmao::rotfl::laughing:

Thanks for that laugh, btw :thumbsup2

:goodvibes If the rope does break, do we get another 'Sail Away Party'?

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Love this thread!!!

Hey, I saw that propeller on ebay. I was going to buy it but the shipping charges were crazy! (OP, thanks for the chuckles :thumbsup2.)

:goodvibes If the rope does break, do we get another 'Sail Away Party'?

...why yes, in fact, there will be a second (or third if needed) SAP (Sail Away Party for you neophytes)...the only thing...it will only be for CCCP members, and will be held in the exclusive APA area, but may be canceled if the aroma of cigar smoke is too overpowering, or if it's too cold sitting in the shade.;)

CCCP - Castaway Cay Club Platinum
APA - Adult Pool Area

You will have to wear your lifejacket, oops PFD to the SAP, and be advised that you will NOT be allowed to take photos in the event the Dream crashes into a neighboring cruise ship, since the ship is having a tough time manouver...manover...menover...moving around with just one propeller. Everyone may be required to man the rails with the little red pillows from your stateroom to cushion the collision...oops...may not work since all the pillows were stolen on the MV....so bring mickey waffles (if they've not been stolen also...)

hey, while I've got you all here, does anyone have photos, video, or a sketch on the back of a stolen AP menu of the TPD in stateroom 4602? I NEED to know if the TP is over or under? This is worrying me to death...can't sleep...can't eat...well, can't eat as much...until I know the answer?

TPD - Toilet Paper Dispenser

Is it true you can bring your own TP onboard?...or if you really like the TP in your room, can you purchase a roll to take with you, or if I just take the roll, will I be charged or it?

:confused3 :surfweb:

must...limit...time...spent...on...this...board...

I know how annoying and tedius answering the same question(s) over and over can be. As I former CM, I can't tell you how many times I was ask "What time is the 3-o'clock parade?" As a trainer I told the CM's earning their ears to remember that even if you've been asked the question a million times, it is the FIRST time the person in front of you is asking the question.

I'm now a teacher and once again being asked the same questions over and over and I'm still reminded of the Disney training that this is the first time this student is asking the question.

That being said, I enjoy the humor of the OP and the dripping sarcasm of some of the questions being asked.

I'm now a teacher and once again being asked the same questions over and over
That being said, I enjoy the humor of the OP and the dripping sarcasm of some of the questions being asked.

My wife, oops, DW is a teacher, so I feel your pain.

P.S. don't use the "S" word...it can get us in trouble.

Hope everyone is having a great morning.

After reading the "page one" posts on the Cruise Board tonight, I feel that a "bangs head against wall" smilie should be added to the selection...the DCL vs (insert name) Cruise Line just about did me in.

I've got to quit hanging out on this board.

In closing: Does anyone know if you can smoke Mickey Bars in room 12XX on the verandah which we hope will be the on side we can see fireworks and castaway cay since we're not getting off the boat so we can swim in the olympic size adult pool and guard our door magnets and FE's from packs of wild, sweating teenagers who are roaming the ship out of control, i hope our magnets stick to our concierge doors, does anyone know, and should we go eastern or western or southern or northern, and exactly what time to the second do we need to get to PC, and can someone take a high def video of MY actual room, and not a room just like "mine" since "mine" is uniquely special and no one will be staying in it between now and our 2014 cruise we've booked, and will i die if i ride the aqua duck...and finally beware of the mickey waffles and pancakes!

Any resemblance to any person/circumstance/question/activity living or dead is purely unintentional.

Thank you, I needed a good laugh.:rotfl2:

In closing: Does anyone know if you can smoke Mickey Bars in room 12XX on the verandah which we hope will be the on side we can see fireworks and castaway cay since we're not getting off the boat so we can swim in the olympic size adult pool and guard our door magnets and FE's from packs of wild, sweating teenagers who are roaming the ship out of control, i hope our magnets stick to our concierge doors, does anyone know, and should we go eastern or western or southern or northern, and exactly what time to the second do we need to get to PC, and can someone take a high def video of MY actual room, and not a room just like "mine" since "mine" is uniquely special and no one will be staying in it between now and our 2014 cruise we've booked, and will i die if i ride the aqua duck...and finally beware of the mickey waffles and pancakes!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

BAHAHAHAHAHA! BEYOND BRILLIANT! I applaud you.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter