disney dream

stevenpensacola

<font color=red>Sometimes I sits and thinks, and s
I've changed the title and text of my original post...after much thought, self-examination, counseling, waterboard torture, and being forced to listen to Christina Aguilera sing "live"...and do admit that I can see how some may have taken offense.

None was meant. If you were offended, I'm sorry.

If you have absolutely no sense of humor, stop reading here.

In closing: Does anyone know if you can smoke Mickey Bars in room 12XX on the verandah which we hope will be the on side we can see fireworks and castaway cay since we're not getting off the boat so we can swim in the olympic size adult pool and guard our door magnets and FE's from packs of wild, sweating teenagers who are roaming the ship out of control, i hope our magnets stick to our concierge doors, does anyone know, and should we go eastern or western or southern or northern, and exactly what time to the second do we need to get to PC, and can someone take a high def video of MY actual room, and not a room just like "mine" since "mine" is uniquely special and no one will be staying in it between now and our 2014 cruise we've booked, and will i die if i ride the aqua duck...and finally beware of the mickey waffles and pancakes!

Any resemblance to any person/circumstance/question/activity living or dead is purely unintentional.

1. Why is DCL so expensive?
All cruises are somewhat expensive. DCL is no different.

2. Why does DCL cost more than XZY Cruise Line?
It doesn't.

3. Which cruise line is better...DCL or XYZ?
DCL of course!

4. How does DCL compare with XYZ, ABC, JKL, or Yabba Dabba Doo
Cruise Line?
Isn't this just a reworded version of question 3?

5. Since I've cruised DCL before, doesn't that make me a member of an
select, ultra-elite, I'm more special than you club which entitles me to all
sorts of exotic freebies you can't get or don't deserve to get?
No, it just makes you more 'select and ultra-elite' than those who cruise XYZ and ABC. We can reserve the word 'special' for them though. ;)

Haven't these been beat to death...a ga-zillion-million times?
Yep!!

SEARCH is your friend. You are allowed to use it...really. ::yes::
I checked...it's not on my friends list.

I feel much better now. :tiptoe:
Glad to hear it!

Cruise Line?

I hope this does not get me points...

Admitting your problem is the first step to recovery! :rotfl:

Cruise Line?

you missed one: i don't have kids - why would i want to cruise DCL?

Steve- What do you think?

-Shorts in the dining room- yea or nah?
-Do I have to tip if the service wasn't great?
-Kids Club can I move by 8 year old down or my 5 year old up?

I say only in jest.

Steve- What do you think?

-Shorts in the dining room- yea or nah?
-Do I have to tip if the service wasn't great?
-Kids Club can I move by 8 year old down or my 5 year old up?

I say only in jest.

Or, is it okay for families to cut through the Quiet Cove pool area or save seats in the WD Theater or by the pools?

These issues will continue to be brought up time and time again - sometimes in new and creative ways. Why try to stop the inevitable?

:rotfl::rotfl:

Ok this is funny, I have to agree. The one thing us frequent posters have to remember is that the newbies haven't seen these questions millions (actually no gazillions;)) of times and are not friends with search;)

Still I feel your pain.:disrocks:

Cruise Line?

BRAVO!!!!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Wow, I can tell it's Monday! I feel your pain and I'm a cruise newbie :) although an old pro at WDW. I think some people, through their inborn sense of entitlement, (;)) feel that they should not have to search, it takes time and effort to go through all those threads! So much easier to put the question out there and get instant gratification (or instant flaming!) thankfully, even though this is our first cruise, we have enough sense to book DCL, can use search, and any dumb questions I ask can be attributed to "it's a new ship, it MIGHT BE DIFFERENT!" Thanks guys for all of your help so far, I'll go read my DCL Passporter!

If a poster has less than x posts, x days, or x SOMETHING (ie: they are newer, maybe lurk only, etc.), then when they click on NEW POST, they should have to go thru a wizard that walks them thru SEARCH to determine if the same or similar thread already exists. They would have an 'assisted search' to complete, and only if an applicable thread doesn't already exist, they can check a checkbox to move forward to creating a new post.:surfweb:

It should be a wizard/tool (not :wizard: this kind) that is only invoked to newer users/posters.

Are you listening, Disboards I/T department? I ask this respectfully, because 1) I appreciate what you already offer, 2) I am addicted to these boards, and 3) I don't want my username to be revoked! :rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Wow, I can tell it's Monday! I feel your pain and I'm a cruise newbie :) although an old pro at WDW. I think some people, through their inborn sense of entitlement, (;)) feel that they should not have to search, it takes time and effort to go through all those threads! So much easier to put the question out there and get instant gratification (or instant flaming!) thankfully, even though this is our first cruise, we have enough sense to book DCL, can use search, and any dumb questions I ask can be attributed to "it's a new ship, it MIGHT BE DIFFERENT!" Thanks guys for all of your help so far, I'll go read my DCL Passporter!

Don't posts and threads like these discourage people from posting even ligitimate questions?

For example, I can't tell you how many times I've answered the same question about rental cars. It'd be easy for me just to tell the poster to go use the Search feature, but instead, I answer the question as if it's been asked for the first time. Isn't this what Disney is about? How many times to CM's get asked the same question or perform for someone seeing WDW or DCL for the first time?

I know the search feature can be helpful and I think it should be used, but how many "Meet Threads" pop up each time you search and then it's difficult to find what you want within the thread itself. Google searches work well too for many questions. However, there is something to be said about very "recent" first-hand experiences that trumps many of the searches, especially given the new ships.

I must admit...one thing I've always liked about any of the Dis boards is the fact that it is very "active"...and things do get asked again and again...

but as someone mentioned, it's Monday...a rainy Monday at that...so when I read another "why is DCL so expensive" title, I lost it...

I actually prefer the forgiving nature of these boards compared to others I've been on...where if you asked a question that had been asked before, you'd be verbally ambushed by the "keeper of the boards"...apparently someone who had nothing to do but memorize every post ever made on the board, so when the question was asked again, he could POUNCE and show them the error of their ways. If he was feeling generous, he would actually search for you, then link to the post, along with derogatory statements about how stupid you are for not using the search function.

:hug: that's it...let it all out...now don't you feel better...

I LOVE IT !!!! GREAT GREAT POST AND BRILLIANT IDEA :worship::thumbsup2:teacher:

but as someone mentioned, it's Monday...a rainy Monday at that...so when I read another "why is DCL so expensive" title, I lost it...

No worries we all have these days.... Some people just don't want to dig or search on these boards to get answers to questions.

I hardly ever post... This one just made me laugh...

I must admit...one thing I've always liked about any of the Dis boards is the fact that it is very "active"...and things do get asked again and again...

I actually prefer the forgiving nature of these boards compared to others I've been on...where if you asked a question that had been asked before, you'd be verbally ambushed by the "keeper of the boards"...apparently someone who had nothing to do but memorize every post ever made on the board, so when the question was asked again, he could POUNCE and show them the error of their ways. If he was feeling generous, he would actually search for you, then link to the post, along with derogatory statements about how stupid you are for not using the search function.

:hug: that's it...let it all out...now don't you feel better...

I understand....at least it's just rain and not freezing rain and snow with a low tonight forecasted to be around 18 below!

Also, my thought was the same about today's "why is DCL so expensive?" thread until I clicked on it and found out that it was actually a thread from last April that someone probably resurrected by using the search feature. :goodvibes:rolleyes1

Steven, I think you just need another cup of coffee with you time here:surfweb: :rotfl: You were just too funny. Thanks

It can be old to answer the same questions over and over, but it is nice to know that the people on here will do that :love:

THE PASSPORT DEBATE!!!! :scared1:

1) No you don't need a passport for the closed-loop cruises,
2) Yes, you will spark a debate on why each person feels you should or shouldn't have them.

I'd love to have an updated, new and improved FAQ Sticky.

It's funny - when you looked at the number of pages of threads at the bottom of the page, the average was around 30, give or take. Now, it's 60. Really? 60 pages of threads??? Insane.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter