Disney Dining Stinks!!!!

We never get the DDP because it is way too much food for us. Plus all of us are very picky eaters with different ideas as to whats eatable. More often than not we grab pretzles and pop corn or other snacks through out the day. We only make ADR's for special occations like Charater Breakfast at CRT. Or our anniversary dinner at CRT. Even though we mostly eat CS meals we still try to eat at off times so that we don't have to fight for a table and wait in line forever for the food.

Sorry, but for the past 4 years this was not a problem at all. They have always allowed CS in place of TS. Why wouldn't they? You can't just lose a meal ticket because you couln't get into a nicer place. :thumbsup2
As Katieeldr correctly points out, this is both risky logic and factually inaccurate. Even the "new" DDP has undergone radical changes in the last six months -- let alone four YEARS.

To assume something that might have happened in the past will always happen in the future is really foolish. Everything at Disney is in a constant state of change -- that's one of the biggest reasons many of us frequent the DIS.

And of course you can lose credits if you don't use them. If I lose credits because I didn't make ADR's and couldn't get in a TS restaurant...whose bad is that? It's my bad...certainly not Disney's.

We have used DDP 2x's not including our upcoming trip:cool1: (which we have DDP) We only paid for it once and it was the best plan all 3 Meals were TS and we did make some ADR's but were able to walk up and get a table. But this was 7yrs ago and Disney has changed:rolleyes: If I had to pay for DDP it would be a tough decision because of cost and options but since Disney started the free DDP:banana: it is GREAT!!! We are staying 9 nights in sept going into oct as we did last year and the great thing is you can save your snacks and use them during the FOOD & Wine Festival to try out all the food!!!:dance3: :banana: :cool1: :dance3: That said I would still call 180 days out to make my favorite ADR's even if I had no plan at all! We LOVE Le Cellier and could only 1 adr there this year and none last year.:rotfl2:

Last December we went to WDW the exact same days we are going this December and we made a grand total of 0 ADR's and guess what, we did not go hungry. Most of the time we ate offsite and the times onsite we went to the Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney just by walking in and other times we went to various counter service locations.

So to answer your question I don't think we will make any ADR's for this December because we plan to do what we did last December. If for some reason there is a place in WDW we want to try then we will make the ADR's with the Polynesian Concierge Cast Members, because in the past when we have ADR's around Christmas we always got them at the last minute.

I have been doing some thinking, I feel like I have been conversing with one of my teenage children, how old are you?

Just for general information, the Disney Dining Plan in its current incarnation - one Snack credit, one Counter/Quick Service credit, one Table Service credit per person per night of the Disney vacation - started January 2, 2005, so whatever happened during the nineteen months before that has no bearing on the DDP. Plus, the only time TS credits were officially able to be used for Counter Service was during the 2006 Free DDP promotion period. Sure, there have been reports of Guests being permitted to use TS credits in their resorts' food courts, but that's based on decisions made by the individual resort management, not official policy.

:confused3 Ok, I can admit when I'm wrong. First of all, my sister-in-law said you can use the TS for CS for her last 4 TRIPS, I thought she said years. My last two trips 06 & 05, on the free dining plan, I was told I can use TS of CS anywhere, and I did at a couple of places with no problem. I just called Disney Dining and they said that NO TS can be used for CS and they never have been able to. :confused3

Good thing I made a TS res for everyday:)

Concierge level guests can generally use their concierge to get "hard to get" last minute ADR's.
You are correct because in the past we have used the Cast Members from the Atrium Club floor of the Contemporary to get us last minute ADR's at Chef Mickey's, Ohana and Boma, which are three restaurants that I consider to be very popular in WDW.

I have been doing some thinking, I feel like I have been conversing with one of my teenage children, how old are you?
I am 22 years old, so I am not a teenager. Besides if you look at the questions you asked me I answerd them, so that should have nothing to do with my age.

I think most of the people on here who complain about restaurant availability need to to some planning and make the adrs I mean the rest of us do it so I guess I feel like they could do some homework to. If you dont "STUDY" ( make ADRS) the I guess you "FAIL THE TEST!" (Dont get your pick of were to eat.) Just my two cents.:laughing: :laughing: :idea:

I don't plan my days around my reservations, I plan my reservations around my days. First you have to look at the calendar to see what days have extra magic hours, if you know you will be there that day, book a res for that day. If you want a free day, book it somewhere more Central (like a resort inbetween the parks) and make them for late so you know you will be tired and hungry from whatever park you chose to go to. The worse thing that can happen is you decide not to make your reservation. I hope you can go again and do it right:thumbsup2

This is exactly what I do and it works out perfectly.

Missie

I think most of the people on here who complain about restaurant availability need to to some planning and make the adrs I mean the rest of us do it so I guess I feel like they could do some homework to. If you dont "STUDY" ( make ADRS) the I guess you "FAIL THE TEST!" (Dont get your pick of were to eat.) Just my two cents.:laughing: :laughing: :idea:

:lmao: :lmao:

I totally agree with you, Disneymucks!

Before the dining plan, I tried making ADRs and sticking to them, but I can't plan months in advance when I'm going to be hungry.

I won't use the dining plan, even when it's free. I'll take my chances on a walk up table service resturant, but if I can't get in, that's fine too! The counter service meals are fine for us!

To the OP...I'm sorry things didn't work out the way you had hoped. It sounds like you knew there was a slim chance to not get into places, but ended up being surprised when you couldn't get anywhere at all.

You are correct because in the past we have used the Cast Members from the Atrium Club floor of the Contemporary to get us last minute ADR's at Chef Mickey's, Ohana and Boma, which are three restaurants that I consider to be very popular in WDW.

Just because last minute ADR's worked in the past for you in the CR Atrium Club doesn't mean it will now for everyone else, especially those who aren't as "lucky" as you are to stay in concierge.

To suggest to anyone that last minute ADR's work and that it's not necessary to make ADR's in advance is bad advice.

Just because last minute ADR's worked in the past for you in the CR Atrium Club doesn't mean it will now for everyone else, especially those who aren't as "lucky" as you are to stay in concierge.

To suggest to anyone that last minute ADR's work and that it's not necessary to make ADR's in advance is bad advice.
I never suggested to anyone to make all their ADR's at the last minute. All I said was my family and I have had no problems making them for ourselves at the last minute. If we decide to make ADR's again at last minute while at WDW either in August or December and we are told nonthing is available, it won't bother us that much because we don't mind eating offsite or at counter service locations.

I never suggested to anyone to make all their ADR's at the last minute. All I said was my family and I have had no problems making them for ourselves at the last minute. If we decide to make ADR's again at last minute while at WDW either in August or December and we are told nonthing is available, it won't bother us that much because we don't mind eating offsite or at counter service locations.

This is my last post on this, this thread is about the Disney Dining Plan...You have gave bad advice period!You have stated that you and your family did not use the DDP. Thank goodness others have posted the truth. If a family buys the DDP and decides to not plan, they have made the decision to possibly waste some of their TS credits, which is a waste of money. Something you and your family have not experienced. Now, I am not getting into another debate with you, since it is not your money being spent at Disney.

Enjoy each and every trip!

This is my last post on this, this thread is about the Disney Dining Plan...You have gave bad advice period!You have stated that you and your family did not use the DDP. Thank goodness others have posted the truth. If a family buys the DDP and decides to not plan, they have made the decision to possibly waste some of their TS credits, which is a waste of money. Something you and your family have not experienced. Now, I am not getting into another debate with you, since it is not your money being spent at Disney.

Enjoy each and every trip!
I don't consider it to be advice when I say what my family and I have done in terms of getting ADR's. I was only explaining that in the past we have had no problems getting them at the last minute. So I never said for anyone else to follow our strategy, in fact in an earlier reply I said for anyone who purchases the DDP should make ADR's before they arrive, because if they don't what is the purpose of using the DDP?

ding ding

everyone back to yuor corners. LOL

everyone handles there vacations different can we just agree on that.

This was my reply from page 9 where I said for those who purchase the DDP that ADR's should be made in advance.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life said:
I agree that those who do purchase the DDP, ADR's should be made. If someone did purchase the DDP then what's the point of using it if they did not make ADR's? Correct me if I am wrong but wouldn't someone who did not make ADR's on the DDP be left to use their credits at counter service locations?

We called all month for a Boma ADR all week during Memorial Day and couldnt get one. Then at 2pm the same day we got one for 5pm.

Im wondering if they may not hold a couple back.

We called all month for a Boma ADR all week during Memorial Day and couldnt get one. Then at 2pm the same day we got one for 5pm.

Im wondering if they may not hold a couple back.
I am not sure if they hold a couple of tables back. If I were to guess someone cancelled their ADR at the last minute and you were lucky enough to get it when you asked if one was available.

All I said was my family and I have had no problems making them for ourselves at the last minute.

Last December we went to WDW the exact same days we are going this December and we made a grand total of 0 ADR's

You are correct because in the past we have used the Cast Members from the Atrium Club floor of the Contemporary to get us last minute ADR's at Chef Mickey's, Ohana and Boma....

I don't think we will make any ADR's for this December because we plan to do what we did last December. If for some reason there is a place in WDW we want to try then we will make the ADR's with the Polynesian Concierge Cast Members, because in the past when we have ADR's around Christmas we always got them at the last minute.

So I get this straight... You made last minute ADR's yourself... or you didn't make any ADR's... or you had Concierge make last minute ADR's for you... and on this trip you are not going to make any, but you still think you'll be OK and maybe at the last minute you'll have Concierge make some for you because it's always worked for you in the past. All replies are totally different but in this same thread.

Some people do not drive to WDW, do not rent cars, do not want to go offsite to visit the Golden Corral because of prior poor planning, or have access to pretzels and beer in the Concierge Lounge in case they can't eat at a TS place.

You state that making last minute ADR's works for you, and always works for you. To suggest such a thing to a DDP guest could result in disaster, and is bad advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter