Disney Dining Stinks!!!!

I didn't know my original rant would get this far. I don't know how things were with TS and ADRs in the past. My first trip to WDW was last October was an off time so we got pretty much what we wanted. I had no idea how crowded things could get. You have to make ADRs do not wait. I had to get up every morning and check anything that was available. I will plan next time. I hate to plan but if I want to go to WDW on the DDP I have to. To all who think you can wing it...take it from someone that just came back...You can't. I guess you can wing it during the times when crowds are low. I learned a valuable lesson. We got some good TS meals but we had to really work for it. I will do it the easy way and make the ADRs next time. The DDP is a very good deal. If I would have planned I wouldn't have anything negative to say.

I'm glad it worked out for you, sort of. I am also glad you found the DIS boards, there is a wealth of information here.

Unfortunatly, not everyone stays at a concierge level. Your parents are paying dearly for that kind of service. For the rest of us, we really do need to sit down and figure out what is going to work best for our own family.
So are you saying because my family and I stay on a Club Level floor we should feel guilty about how we got some of our ADR's, because others plan them months in advance? The service of getting some of our ADR's at the last minute on the Club Levels is available to all guests staying there if they feel like adding extra ADR's, and I am sure we are not the 1st ones to take advantage of that.

So are you saying because my family and I stay on a Club Level floor we should feel guilty about how we got some of our ADR's, because others plan them months in advance? The service of getting some of our ADR's at the last minute on the Club Levels is available to all guests staying there if they feel like adding extra ADR's, and I am sure we are not the 1st ones to take advantage of that.

Oh please. What people ARE saying is that your experience - not using the DDP, preferring to eat mostly CS or offsite, and using the club level concierge to get any ADRs you do want - is 100% irrelevant on a DDP board. When the general discussion is about how far in advance a DDP user needs to make ADRs so they can be sure they will get to use their TS credits that they paid for in the way they want to use them, how do you think it helps one iota to come on here and say, in effect, we don't use the DDP and don't eat TS that often but we never have a problem getting last-minute ADRs because we stay on concierge floors? IMO the DDP board is more about "helping" (helping people decide whether or not to get the DDP, how to understand it, how best to use it, etc.) than maybe some of the other boards on the DIS. So think before you post, and try to be helpful when you do.

I didn't read any implication that you should feel guilty about it. But I did understand that because your family is fortunate enough to afford that level of service, that's great, but not that many people can or are willing to pay for that. And it is extremely unrealistic for anyone, whether on the DDP or not, to expect that they can just walk in to TS restaurants -- to suggest or imply that is the norm is giving very bad advice, and they could end up extremely disappointed. Yes, they might have luck, with the less popular places in particular, or if they are very flexible on times. But why take the chance? :confused3 Especially if you have a couple of restaurants that are your favorites and you know you don't want to miss them. Or if you know you'll be at a park on a particular day because of EMH, why not plan an ADR at or near that park? If plans change you can always cancel, it's not that hard.

And I don't know what the future may hold for you, but...there were a lot of things my parents could afford when I was growing up, but it's taken me years to get to the point where I have the same level of disposable income they had (not even sure if I'm there yet!) But once I was out on my own, things cost a lot and I was on a lot tighter budget for years and couldn't afford the same kinds of luxuries. Even now on our trip in May, DH and I stayed at a value resort and got the DDP because we were trying to stay within a realistic budget for our trip, and didn't want to put it on credit. YMMV...

Can someone explain to me what the concierge club level thing is all about. Thanks.

Can someone explain to me what the concierge club level thing is all about. Thanks.

In summary, Pay big money (more than a normal Disney room) and get "free" snacks in a lounge, and CM's help you make ADR's. Just like the DDP, some think it's worth it, others think it's not.

In summary, Pay big money (more than a normal Disney room) and get "free" snacks in a lounge, and CM's help you make ADR's. Just like the DDP, some think it's worth it, others think it's not.

At more detail, it's an extra level of service offered at most of the deluxe resorts. Sometimes a bigger room is part of the deal. For a premium price guests get access to a "lounge" where snacks and drinks are served at various times during the day, and a private concierge desk where they can get their requests taken care of without having to wait in line at the front desk.

Sometimes the concierge level is able to handle getting reservations for popular meals when they can't be gotten through WDW Dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter