**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I wouldn't say that it pretty much turned into a miserable experience for everyone, or the majority, or even half of the attendees. I'd say that about 1/8 of the attendees described it as a fate worse than death, another 1/8 didn't feel it was quite worth the price, and 3/4 were somewhere between satisfactory and euphoria.

I think the event functioned well on 2 different levels. First, it worked as a villains themed event for villains fans. Lighting, music, food, magic shots, back drops, ride overlays, merchandise, the Maleficent dragon, and a stage show were all themed to Disney villains. So, those who love villains had a lot to take in.

We didn't find the wait times to be very long at all. My second night of VAH, we rode the overlayed PotC once, and the overlayed SM 4 times. We also sat down and ate at Tortuga Tavern, sat down and ate in Tomorrow Land, stopped to take magic shots 3 times, secured a good spot for Maleficent, and watched the train station villains for a bit. We stopped for free drinks and popcorn too.

If we had not been interested in several extracurricular villain activities, there were all sorts of possibilities for additional rides. For example, if we had stuck to ONLY the most popular rides (PotC, SM, 7DMT), we probably would've ridden 10 - 11 rides total, during the event. If we had ventured to somewhat less popular rides (HM, BTMRR, JC... etc) after riding the aforementioned overlay rides, we could have easily chalked up 12 - 15 rides during their event. If we had strayed to the least popular rides (BS, IaSW, TTAPM... etc) after riding the overlay rides, we could've easily ridden 18 - 20 rides during the event. Therefore, I believe that the event functioned superbly for folks just looking to rack up multiple rides.

I'm glad to hear it wasn't awful for people looking for the more classic experience - my son is on the spectrum and we had a great time at regular DAH due to lack of waits. Waiting is tough for him - we do use the DAS but it was just so nice to not have to worry about any of it (we did not do 7DMT partially because it was down most of the time). So if it is the villians version maybe we'll give it a try. Thanks for taking the time to post!

Last edited:
I just bought 3 tickets for January with my AP. That day will begin with EMM MK for us, before we go back home for a rest. Then my two eldest kids and one parent will go back to MK for DAH, while the other parent stays at the resort with the younger kids.
The issue is that we would like to play it by ear to see which parent is less exhausted to return for DAH. The CM with whom I booked believed that since we're at MK earlier that day anyway, I can check in and get the tickets earlier, showing my AP then. After that, she thought any three of us could actually use the tickets that night. Sooo, has anyone done that? Or will I, the only AP holder in my party, have to attend the event? TIA

I just bought 3 tickets for January with my AP. That day will begin with EMM MK for us, before we go back home for a rest. Then my two eldest kids and one parent will go back to MK for DAH, while the other parent stays at the resort with the younger kids.
The issue is that we would like to play it by ear to see which parent is less exhausted to return for DAH. The CM with whom I booked believed that since we're at MK earlier that day anyway, I can check in and get the tickets earlier, showing my AP then. After that, she thought any three of us could actually use the tickets that night. Sooo, has anyone done that? Or will I, the only AP holder in my party, have to attend the event? TIA
It doesn't matter if the AP holder attends. You could buy passes for others to attend even if you weren't there for their trip.

The only issue I would see is assigning the tickets, which I think locks them to one account. For example, if you wanted to add then to an MDE account, you'd have to decide to whom each ticket belongs. If you just plan to pick up and use the hard ticket, I think whoever's enters the park for DAH with that pass will be fine.

Patiently waiting for them to release the next group of dates. I'm going end of January/beginning of February and the AH events are must-do's for us. Hoping they'll have an HS one as well.
We are hoping also!!! We also will be there the very end of Jan. and first part of Feb. HS would really be the icing on the cake!!

Thinking my two older might like to do one of these on next summers trip . When do the summer dates normally come out ?
Thanks in advance

When do the summer dates normally come out ?
Disney Parks Blog announced on March 28, 2019 for May DAH dates and May 22, 2019 for August & September dates. Only you really know your child, but we saw a couple young ones that were miserable. It was late and dark and my guess is they were not well rested. For the price and the age I'm not sure it's as worth it, but that's totally up to you.

Two concerns:
1. I don't see my after hours tickets in MDE. I selected the email option for the tickets. How concerned should I be? Aren't they supposed to populate there?
2. I wanted to book FastPasses for the 7-9pm window before the After Hours begin at 10pm. However, MDE will not allow me to select that date. Did any of you have this problem? Technically, the After Hours Event occurs before my package dates, but if I have AH tickets shouldn't I be able to book Fast Passes? Could the system consider me an off site guest and therefore will not allow me to book more than 30 days out? Any suggestions?

On Hold with Disney now.

Two concerns:
1. I don't see my after hours tickets in MDE. I selected the email option for the tickets. How concerned should I be? Aren't they supposed to populate there?
2. I wanted to book FastPasses for the 7-9pm window before the After Hours begin at 10pm. However, MDE will not allow me to select that date. Did any of you have this problem? Technically, the After Hours Event occurs before my package dates, but if I have AH tickets shouldn't I be able to book Fast Passes? Could the system consider me an off site guest and therefore will not allow me to book more than 30 days out? Any suggestions?

On Hold with Disney now.

Do you not see them when you click on “Tickets & Memory Maker” like in the screen below?

7EF33CAB-CF42-4B02-9018-73C6CB2C5F77.jpeg

I need to think about #2 - packages and how they interact with topics like this are not my speciality.

Two concerns:

On Hold with Disney now.
Did you click on "Tickets & Memory Maker" in MDE? The DAH tickets show up there rather than under "Daily Itinerary" on your specific night.

Screen Shot 2019-10-20 at 9.37.00 PM.png

As for the 60+ booking, your 60+ booking window starts with the first night of your stay. Disney changed the FP+ system where all dates between now and your check-out date were bookable a few months back. If your DAH night is prior to staying on-site, you will not be considered an on-site guest yet.

Do you not see them when you click on “Tickets & Memory Maker” like in the screen below?

View attachment 446000

I need to think about #2 - packages and how they interact with topics like this are not my speciality.

GADISNEYDAD14,
No. I see MVMCP Tickets and my Park Tickets but no AH tickets. I have my confirmation email and code and the MDE will not allow me to link the tickets either. Puzzling.
Assuming this gets worked out, shouldn't be able to use my armband to get into the park for AH?

PolyRob,
That's what I feared. I wish I had thought that through before making the purchase. I thought I was behind the eight ball in getting Fast Passes for the AH event, but actually, I'm too early. Oh well.

GADISNEYDAD14,
No. I see MVMCP Tickets and my Park Tickets but no AH tickets. I have my confirmation email and code and the MDE will not allow me to link the tickets either. Puzzling.
Assuming this gets worked out, shouldn't be able to use my armband to get into the park for AH?

PolyRob,
That's what I feared. I wish I had thought that through before making the purchase. I thought I was behind the eight ball in getting Fast Passes for the AH event, but actually, I'm too early. Oh well.

Hmmm, that is weird about the tickets. Not quite sure what to tell you there - but hopefully someone at Disney can help (good luck). You MagicBands will work for DAH entry, but they do need to be on your MDE account for that to work.

@PolyRob - Thanks for the assist. I hate packages! Lol!

GADISNEYDAD14,

PolyRob,
Are you trying to enter them on the app? If so try entering your code on a web browser instead. I had issues before loading an after hours entering the code from an app but it worked fine from a web browser.

GADISNEYDAD14,

PolyRob,

FYI - I saw a few other reports around the DIS this AM of problems linking tickets in MDE. May be a glitch in the system that was effecting everyone. Might want to try again today or later on to see if it maybe clears up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter