**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Part of our group usually has APs when we go, and when the parks are really busy, we definitely think it's worth the money. We can't make ourselves do rope-drop, so if we are going to enjoy anything during Spring Break, we need the after hours. Now, if Disney would just go ahead and make up their minds about DAH in 2020, I'd really appreciate it!
From the current schedule of the AH though, it doesn't look like they're available when the park is really crowded? I'd buy the heck out of them if they where there over Xmas or Spring break! But they don't seem to be.

A random thought I had while running this AM. And don’t ask me why I was thinking about DAH while running - we all have our issues.

While I would not personally be in favor of this, I wonder if we’ll see a return of the “Villains” After Hours series in Feb through the busy spring break season?

A random thought I had while running this AM. And don’t ask me why I was thinking about DAH while running - we all have our issues.

While I would not personally be in favor of this, I wonder if we’ll see a return of the “Villains” After Hours series in Feb through the busy spring break season?
Oh! Please please please please! I'm going to plan a trip around that! I <3 my villains!

gosh I hope not. Didn't that pretty much turn the event into a miserable experience for everyone who attended? Crazy crowds and long lines everywhere.

gosh I hope not. Didn't that pretty much turn the event into a miserable experience for everyone who attended? Crazy crowds and long lines everywhere.

Lol. Well, I never did go to one. Reviews around here were mixed at best.

But one thing I have learned in my Disney and DIS time.... never underestimate Villains people.... and Disney’s ability to sell Villians things to Villains people.

Lol. Well, I never did go to one. Reviews around here were mixed at best.

But one thing I have learned in my Disney and DIS time.... never underestimate Villains people.... and Disney’s ability to sell Villians things to Villains people.
As an aforementioned 'Villains people' ;P I'll tell you - the rarity of seeing our heroes makes us jump on the chance to meet and greet and see them at all! I would TOTALLY spend the extra $100+ during a Halloween Party to hang with Cruella! (just not going this year :( )
I'm going to Artist point to see the Evil Queen - not the rest of those squeaky dwarves! And going to 1900 Park fare to see the Evil Step Mother and sisters and for breakfast to see the Mad Hatter! Meanwhile, I could see Mickey in dozens of places! We're a very under-served fan population!

Just ran out and read some reviews - ones I see are very very positive about the party! I'm going in August, and will ensure that my trip includes a Villains AH party if there is one!

Last edited:
From the current schedule of the AH though, it doesn't look like they're available when the park is really crowded? I'd buy the heck out of them if they where there over Xmas or Spring break! But they don't seem to be.
They had them last year during spring break, and AK already has one scheduled for spring break 2020. I'm hoping.

So I wanted to ask since I see so many talking about Spring Break. When do your kids have Spring Break? Here in Louisiana, it usually falls the week following Easter Sunday.

@klangl6 For us Spring Break is independent of Easter. We are generally the first week in April, this year April 6-10th with Easter being the 12th.

So I wanted to ask since I see so many talking about Spring Break. When do your kids have Spring Break? Here in Louisiana, it usually falls the week following Easter Sunday.

We are in NC and ours always falls around the holiday- next year it is the week before Easter and a few days after.

We are going on a Disney Cruise in February, and will be in the area a couple of days early. My husband and I would love to do an After Hours event. I see some dates in Feb for AK but none for MK yet. Does anyone know when those might be released if/when they add them? Is HS no longer doing After Hours? We would need to either do it on Thurs 2/20 or Friday 2/21...we are missing the AK event by a day it looks like :(

No!!!!!! Just no.

We are going on a Disney Cruise in February, and will be in the area a couple of days early. My husband and I would love to do an After Hours event. I see some dates in Feb for AK but none for MK yet. Does anyone know when those might be released if/when they add them? Is HS no longer doing After Hours? We would need to either do it on Thurs 2/20 or Friday 2/21...we are missing the AK event by a day it looks like :(
Be sure to ‘Watch’ this thread as it’ll be updated as soon as new dates are released:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-after-hours-magic-kingdom-faq-discussion-thread.3713652/

We are on the same cruise hoping for the same thing!

We're hoping for the same thing before our cruise... but it's in July, so I'm just living vicariously through all of you right now!

Ahh! We are so excited, it's our first Disney cruise! Fingers crossed this works out for us. :)
We are excited too! It's my son's second cruise, we did the 4 night dream February 2018... Excited for SWDAS and the longer cruise, but frustrated not being able to plan our one day at Disney!

We did our 2nd DAH MK on 9/26 and it was as good as our first! I absolutely love these and I'm hoping the dates for March will work for our next trip. I noticed AK was up, but I'm on the fence for that one. I'd do it in a heartbeat, but half of those going this time are not fans of FOP, so trying to decide if it's really worth it or not. But for MK, hands down the best ticket going right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter