**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Do you guys think the 1/20 DAH will be busy since it’s MLK day?

We are doing a quick trip that week with only one day at Epcot for FoA so I thought this would be great for some MK time.

However, we will be staying at the POLY for our first time that night and for just the one night before transferring to GDT. While it does make it super easy to get to MK, we were planning on just enjoying the resort for the night. I would gladly give up the resort time from what I’m hearing about all the walk-ons but I’m a bit nervous with it being MLK day.

We are doing a quick trip that week with only one day at Epcot for FoA so I thought this would be great for some MK time.

However, we will be staying at the POLY for our first time that night and for just the one night before transferring to GDT. While it does make it super easy to get to MK, we were planning on just enjoying the resort for the night. I would gladly give up the resort time from what I’m hearing about all the walk-ons but I’m a bit nervous with it being MLK day.
You can try to look up reviews from last year? I went on 1/24 last year which was MLK week but not MLK DAY and it is probably about the same honestly ... because the actual day is not a late night for anyone JUST taking the day so it will be with people who are taking an extended week tacking onto the 3-day weekend (which is what I did).

It was glorious the Thursday after MLK day though.

We just finalized our trip for February, and are just hoping they announce new dates soon. I am thinking they would continue to do Monday, so planning for that. If no DAH, we will just make Monday our MK day.

We just finalized our trip for February, and are just hoping they announce new dates soon. I am thinking they would continue to do Monday, so planning for that. If no DAH, we will just make Monday our MK day.
That’s our plan too.

Oh! Please please please please! I'm going to plan a trip around that! I <3 my villains!

All I heard was this voice:

latest

We're doing MK AH on the 20th :)
Last year we did HS AH on the night before MLK Day and I was afraid that would increase the # of people booking it but it was fantastic! Better than our July HS AH. So I'm not concerned that this one will be overly crowded, as a pp mentioned locals won't be off the next day for one thing.

We did MK AH in May and everything including 7DMT was a walk on all night! Hoping for similar or close to it this time around.

I'm in NE Ohio, our Spring Break is end of March (23 - 27).

We in NW Ohio and ours this year changed back to corresponding with Easter. Past couple years it's been the 2nd week of March along with a small Easter break. I know though that it seems every district around here is different as my niece still has a break sometime in March about 20 minutes from us.

We're doing MK AH on the 20th :)
Last year we did HS AH on the night before MLK Day and I was afraid that would increase the # of people booking it but it was fantastic! Better than our July HS AH. So I'm not concerned that this one will be overly crowded, as a pp mentioned locals won't be off the next day for one thing.

We did MK AH in May and everything including 7DMT was a walk on all night! Hoping for similar or close to it this time around.

We're hoping for the 20th too! Or the 17th but I said if we go down I'd like AH to be our last night (although knowing DH we may get crazy and do both lol)

We in NW Ohio and ours this year changed back to corresponding with Easter. Past couple years it's been the 2nd week of March along with a small Easter break. I know though that it seems every district around here is different as my niece still has a break sometime in March about 20 minutes from us.

We're hoping for the 20th too! Or the 17th but I said if we go down I'd like AH to be our last night (although knowing DH we may get crazy and do both lol)
We thought about doing the 17th but we don't come in until early evening, and coming from NY in January that means the possibility of (don't say it) snow and (uh-uh) delays 🤫 so I rather play it safe lol!

I’ve been spoiled lately for DAH (two during my trip in April, MK for November, AK 1/30) so I feel greedy hoping they add a MK date on 1/27 but gosh, I hope they do. I arrive that day and I would love to go again.

Patiently waiting for them to release the next group of dates. I'm going end of January/beginning of February and the AH events are must-do's for us. Hoping they'll have an HS one as well.

gosh I hope not. Didn't that pretty much turn the event into a miserable experience for everyone who attended? Crazy crowds and long lines everywhere.
I wouldn't say that it pretty much turned into a miserable experience for everyone, or the majority, or even half of the attendees. I'd say that about 1/8 of the attendees described it as a fate worse than death, another 1/8 didn't feel it was quite worth the price, and 3/4 were somewhere between satisfactory and euphoria.

I think the event functioned well on 2 different levels. First, it worked as a villains themed event for villains fans. Lighting, music, food, magic shots, back drops, ride overlays, merchandise, the Maleficent dragon, and a stage show were all themed to Disney villains. So, those who love villains had a lot to take in.

We didn't find the wait times to be very long at all. My second night of VAH, we rode the overlayed PotC once, and the overlayed SM 4 times. We also sat down and ate at Tortuga Tavern, sat down and ate in Tomorrow Land, stopped to take magic shots 3 times, secured a good spot for Maleficent, and watched the train station villains for a bit. We stopped for free drinks and popcorn too.

If we had not been interested in several extracurricular villain activities, there were all sorts of possibilities for additional rides. For example, if we had stuck to ONLY the most popular rides (PotC, SM, 7DMT), we probably would've ridden 10 - 11 rides total, during the event. If we had ventured to somewhat less popular rides (HM, BTMRR, JC... etc) after riding the aforementioned overlay rides, we could have easily chalked up 12 - 15 rides during their event. If we had strayed to the least popular rides (BS, IaSW, TTAPM... etc) after riding the overlay rides, we could've easily ridden 18 - 20 rides during the event. Therefore, I believe that the event functioned superbly for folks just looking to rack up multiple rides.

How far in advance do they normally announce AH?
So far announcements are completely sporadic from what I can find. The dates for Nov 26 - March 7 2019 were announced Nov 5th 2018, the dates for Jan 19 - March 8 2018 were announced on September 17 2017.

Still waiting and hoping for a MK DAH for end of Jan or first wk of Feb
Me too! of course I'm only there Thursday-Sunday so I'm crossing my fingers for a Friday (I know they typically do Thursday or Monday, but since AK has one on that Thursday I'm guessing MK won't as well). Knowing my luck it'll only be Monday and I won't get to go :/

Me too! of course I'm only there Thursday-Sunday so I'm crossing my fingers for a Friday (I know they typically do Thursday or Monday, but since AK has one on that Thursday I'm guessing MK won't as well). Knowing my luck it'll only be Monday and I won't get to go :/

they are doing it on friday before MLK day which is also the friday after a thursday EMM is scheduled so there is hope (i am hoping for a friday too, the 21st of feb)

I need a Thursday or a Sunday MK AH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!