**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Will more dates be released? We will be there in May and hoping to attend.

I am also arriving Jan 17th and bought DAH tickets that night for me and my 13yo DD. I actually moved our flights up and she will miss school that day just for DAH and I felt bad because now she'll miss two days instead of 1. Originally we weren't arriving until late that night. With a 7:00am flight we arrive at 9:00. I am thinking we will probably be exhausted but we plan to sleep in on Friday morning.

I keep hoping they'll add a date for Feb 10-13th, but probably a lost hope... We had so much fun doing this event in September, I'd love to do it again.

82AAC2CB-0B1E-4D58-8DB8-2A214B010E30.jpeg I did one of the first test AHM test for free as a dvc member and it was awesome. The Park was empty. Of course, it wasn’t popular then and cast members said there were only about 500 there. I rode Haunted Mansion by myself!

I am also arriving Jan 17th and bought DAH tickets that night for me and my 13yo DD. I actually moved our flights up and she will miss school that day just for DAH and I felt bad because now she'll miss two days instead of 1. Originally we weren't arriving until late that night. With a 7:00am flight we arrive at 9:00. I am thinking we will probably be exhausted but we plan to sleep in on Friday morning.
Add us to the exhausted list! Lol. Me and DS 10 will be at DAH that night, last night of our vacation....we will also sleep in a little Fri am and fly home that afternoon.

Last edited:
We will be at Animal Kingdom during the day (2/7). We don't have park hoppers. We have MK DAH tickets that night (8p-11p). We are planning to leave AK about 5:30 to head over to MK for a dinner reservation at Tony's (I know, I know - but gotta eat somewhere and I've read some good things from recent reports) at 6:45.

1. Is that enough time to get from AK to MK by Disney transport, or should we uber? and
2. Will they let us in for the dining reservation? It just occurred to me that we don't have hoppers, and recent reports are that DAH ticket holders are held until 7ish.

Thoughts?

We will be at Animal Kingdom during the day (2/7). We don't have park hoppers. We have MK DAH tickets that night (8p-11p). We are planning to leave AK about 5:30 to head over to MK for a dinner reservation at Tony's (I know, I know - but gotta eat somewhere and I've read some good things from recent reports) at 6:45.

1. Is that enough time to get from AK to MK by Disney transport, or should we uber? and
2. Will they let us in for the dining reservation? It just occurred to me that we don't have hoppers, and recent reports are that DAH ticket holders are held until 7ish.

Thoughts?
I can not say whether or not they will let you in, but the last time we ate at Tony's were seated almost an hour after our "reservation" time........which is why I am skipping dining reservations this trip. I was stressed that we would miss the evening parade, but we didn't.
This Jan will be my first DAH and I plan on eating an early dinner with DS and hitting the park ready to ride!

If your room is ready you could nap...

Thoughts?

I would guess you should get to MK on time but Im not sure of the ressie time. Also I am not sure about getting in before 7 pm since it seems to be the new norm lately.

I personally would have counter service at AK if you didnt plan on heading back to your hotel before MK evening.

We are staying at BLT and I made Wave ressies for 5:15 pm to give us time to eat and go back to room to get our things before heading to MK. I would/will be using my 7-8 early entry time to do HoP, People Mpver, CoP, Mickeys Phila, PhotoPass (we have APs) etc. then start at 8 with rides.

Last edited:
I can not say whether or not they will let you in, but the last time we ate at Tony's were seated almost an hour after our "reservation" time

Good to know! I'm very wishy-washy in the reservation, anyway. I may just nix it.

I personally would have counter service at AK if you didnt plan on heading back to your hotel before MK evening.

Probably a good plan. We are staying at Poly, so perhaps we will head to the resort first. I was able to get a FoP FP for 4:35-5:35 (on 60+2!), so we'll use that and then either eat quick service at AK or perhaps at Poly before we head over to MK. Can't wait!

Good to know! I'm very wishy-washy in the reservation, anyway. I may just nix it.

Probably a good plan. We are staying at Poly, so perhaps we will head to the resort first. I was able to get a FoP FP for 4:35-5:35 (on 60+2!), so we'll use that and then either eat quick service at AK or perhaps at Poly before we head over to MK. Can't wait!
I would say if you have a fp at fop that late you should just grab dinner at satuli. That place is so good! Also, I highly doubt they will let you in mk early if you only have the dah ticket.

Has anyone here taken young kids? We will have a 10 yo, 7 yo, 5 yo and 1.5 yo. I'm thinking this will be a chance to get on every ride so at least we can do the "check list", but I'm also worried that a late night would mess with them.
So before I spend $625 US I would love to hear from someone who has gone with kids.

Has anyone here taken young kids? We will have a 10 yo, 7 yo, 5 yo and 1.5 yo. I'm thinking this will be a chance to get on every ride so at least we can do the "check list", but I'm also worried that a late night would mess with them.
So before I spend $625 US I would love to hear from someone who has gone with kids.
We took our 9 yo niece so I can’t speak for your younger ones but she was done by 11:30 for the midnight dah. We relaxed all day and had dinner at ohana and she was still pooped by 11:30.

I think it would be tough to get your money's worth with all the little ones. You need to be able to move fairly quickly and it is exhausting even for adults. I love DAH, but if it existed 20 years ago when my kids were young I wouldn't have done it with them.

Have you thought about EMM instead of DAH? Early mornings seem to be better for young kids in many cases. I know my children at those ages would not have been able to stay up past their bedtime by hours without ruining the experience for the rest of us, but only you know your kids.

Given above, I would try the day/night and day off to modify my FoP earlier and get it done. If you can do that I would leave the park once done and head back to Poly. Maybe getting a Kona ressie. I am not sure when you are going or if you have kids with you but you may want to get back to Poly and get jackets, relax a few, etc.

We are going in a few weeks and plan on it being chilli/ cold in evenings and want to be prepared (we are three adults).

Given above, I would try the day/night and day off to modify my FoP earlier and get it done. If you can do that I would leave the park once done and head back to Poly. Maybe getting a Kona ressie. I am not sure when you are going or if you have kids with you but you may want to get back to Poly and get jackets, relax a few, etc.

We are going in a few weeks and plan on it being chilli/ cold in evenings and want to be prepared (we are three adults).

Yep, I've been trying to modify the FoP but it's way too soon. I will def keep trying, I would love to get it earlier. I was just so excited to get it at all - and not so late that it actually completely ruins our chances to go to DAH, too!

We have an almost 8 year old daughter. We know this day will get long, and would love to be able to have some down time before heading into DAH. At least it's an early DAH, so that will help. If we can't modify the FoP FP, we'll probably be there at the beginning of the window and then head straight out.

Thanks for the advice on the weather! I've been scratching my head trying to figure out what to pack. We're from WI, so no strangers to cold. I'm thinking some thin long underwear type items to layer and take off or put on as needed, along with a light coat or sweatshirt.

I don't have little little ones, mine were almost 8 and 10 our first DAH and we drove 8 hours from GA, spent time in the pool and did our first DAH 8-11 (no sleep at all) and they were great. This will be our fourth time going and every time we see a ton of little ones up and around or sleeping in their strollers. My girls are usually in bed on the weekends by 9:30. We've always driven day of (not that I recommend it LOL) but we've always been happily exhausted at the end of the night :)

Yep, I've been trying to modify the FoP but it's way too soon. I will def keep trying, I would love to get it earlier. I was just so excited to get it at all - and not so late that it actually completely ruins our chances to go to DAH, too!

We have an almost 8 year old daughter. We know this day will get long, and would love to be able to have some down time before heading into DAH. At least it's an early DAH, so that will help. If we can't modify the FoP FP, we'll probably be there at the beginning of the window and then head straight out.

Thanks for the advice on the weather! I've been scratching my head trying to figure out what to pack. We're from WI, so no strangers to cold. I'm thinking some thin long underwear type items to layer and take off or put on as needed, along with a light coat or sweatshirt.
I was raised in upstate NY, and live in CT. Last March we were wearing Winter coats, hats, scarves, and gloves for DAH. IT WAS COLD. I would definitly plan that it may get to be very chilly. Being out after dark and in the cold chill, we were grateful for our winter gear. Right now, in CT it's 40°. And we just got home from dinner. I had winter coat, gloves, scarf and boots, and couldn't wait to get under the covers to my electric blanket. It was 42° or 44° last year. I'd have to look up my old posts. But, suffice it to say, we were bundled, as was everyone else!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter