**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Ehhh I could argue it falls into "need." Just how I "need" to buy new iPhones when they come out. I can pretty much justify anything tho (like having multiple 2019 WDW trips planned with room deposits) haha

You never know when the DAH events could stop. And Star Wars will definitely change/end it at HS. Nothing like the present :)
Lol we'll have to see how plane tickets look. We can't go in January, but could go anytime February or March

Just bought our tickets for 4/11. That is our arrival day so we are going to do a low key resort day and have dinner st our resort before heading over. We did DAH back in July and loved it so we didn’t hesitate to do it on this trip.

Where have we heard that before? :rolleyes1
Lol yeah that last minute July trip was kind of stressful and we got not sleep. We talked more tonight and decided it was a quick burst of excitement and we both realized fast we don’t really want to go unless it’s super cheap. We most likely won’t decide until later. Dh is getting moved to a new team for work and it’s very up in the air right now. We also talked about going to gulf shores in February so we might do that instead.

I am really hoping for some May dates too! Anyone know when the next chunk will be released?

Hard to say. About the best you can do is look at the historical info in this post and make some assumptions: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-faq-discussion-thread.3713652/#post-59898156

Other than the initial 2016 version of DAH, we haven’t seen May dates. But the trend lately has been more DAH events during more times of the year, so May 2019 seems like a possibility. But with no history to go by in terms of release dates, it’s hard to say if/when.

Still on the fence about this. Went solo last year Feb 15, DH and I will be in the area Feb 21 this year. It's close to Pres Day weekend so I expect will be more crowded. Maybe I should go back and find my posts from last years thread.
I will be going solo in April and still deciding if this is fun to do solo? Can you give me any advice and did you enjoy it by yourself?

I would like to know during the DAH ate any TS restaurants still open and available too book?

I will be going solo in April and still deciding if this is fun to do solo? Can you give me any advice and did you enjoy it by yourself?

I did it solo over the summer. It wasn’t the original plan but the fam decided sleep was better for the kiddos (long week ahead).

Honestly, I did feel a touch awkward being solo. So much of my enjoyment of Disney is experiencing everything with my family so this was kind of a weird feeling for me. But I'm not going to lie ... being able to experience the parks at your own pace and at your own whims is frankly quite nice!

I did it solo over the summer. It wasn’t the original plan but the fam decided sleep was better for the kiddos (long week ahead).

Honestly, I did feel a touch awkward being solo. So much of my enjoyment of Disney is experiencing everything with my family so this was kind of a weird feeling for me. But I'm not going to lie ... being able to experience the parks at your own pace and at your own whims is frankly quite nice!
I have done about 4 solo trips to Disney and I love it but this may be a little too awkward for me.

What an amazing night!

I arrived just before 6:30. They were holding the DAH people until 7, so I went in the regular entrance with my AP. I started with dinner at CHH and then a FP at JC. There was quite the line and it started raining before I was under cover. Then the ride itself was very wet, so I started my night cold and drenched. Honestly, I was thinking longingly of my warm and dry room at POFQ and starting to regret buying a DAH ticket. But I decided to tough it out and told myself that I could leave early if I stayed miserable (hah!). Splash was a walk-on and I was already wet, so I got into the line before I could talk myself out of it like I’ve done for every other trip. And I survived! I bought a pin to commemorate the occasion and then found a spot for HEA just before 8:30. It rained on and off before and even during the show and thoughts of leaving early drifted through my mind again. So I wasn’t in the most positive frame of mind to start the event. I rode the People Mover, missed CoP because it had already closed, and then walked back to the Hub to catch OUAT for the first time.

Then it was 10 and the walk-ons started immediately with HM, as I walked straight through the queue and was the only person waiting at the doors. There were maybe 12 of us in the stretching room. I walked to Fantasyland and discovered that every party was given their own boat for IASW. With PP, I walked right up and was asked if I wanted to ride in a red or blue ship. The few behind me flew empty. I grabbed ice cream and water and sat for a minute at Friar’s Nook (looking at all the empty tables and laughing at the memory of fighting for a spot just a day earlier). Then I decided to wait in what I was sure would be a line for 7DMT, only to find yet another walk-on. I rode 3x before I started getting dizzy and then did Pooh before heading across the park for BTMRR (with only the first and last rows occupied) and POTC (my own boat again). I got more ice cream, crossed the park again for Buzz, decided to skip SM because it’s so jostling, had a private ride on Dumbo, went UTS, headed back to do 7DMT 4x, and then ended my night with PP. I happened to be walking right in front of the castle at 1, so I had a prime spot for the Kiss Goodnight. Then I walked out through a near empty Main Street to find a bus already waiting.

Overall tally: 7DMT 7x, PP 2x, plus 8 other rides during the event. All walk-ons and I could have done more if I walked faster instead of enjoying the ambiance. There were times when I looked around and saw no one else. And walking on Mine Train was insane. We were all getting off the ride and then looping through to the load zone to board again immediately. I shared the same car with another solo traveler on two rides in a row. The pictures are funny because he’s in the left seat behind me for one ride and the right for the other.

Best. Event. Ever.
from reading this I am assuming you went solo. I am thinking of doing this as a solo as well just not sure I wouldn't feel weird at all. Any advice for me.

Does anyone know when they've historically released the summer dates for this? We're going in July and really hoping to get to do DAH at MK. I know the dates are only up to April right now.

Can anyone weigh in with recent experiences of the 10pm start time and 7pm entry time with regards to whether you were allowed to use the fastpass line with your wristband at any point prior to the official start?

I went solo in July and really enjoyed it. I didn't feel awkward at all, but I was on a solo trip, so was used to going on rides and to restaurants solo the whole week. Most people are too involved with what they are doing that they don't really notice what other people are doing.

I think the biggest benefit to going solo is you get to do whatever you want at whatever pace you want, but the biggest downside is that you don't get to share your joy with anyone.

Can anyone weigh in with recent experiences of the 10pm start time and 7pm entry time with regards to whether you were allowed to use the fastpass line with your wristband at any point prior to the official start?

While some people were able to do that in the early stages of the event, I don' think that's been the case for more than a year now. You can book three FPs like a normal ticket and get the added ones as you use the first three, but there's no additional FPs advantage to the wristband.

Omg Dh is driving me insane. We both agreed after our October WDW trip we would be done with Disney for awhile, but today he said we need to start planning our trip to do all 3 DAH events! I want to go so bad, but do we need to? lol

If my DH ever said that to me I'd have my room booked same day haha! Only in my dreams though. Even minus the crowds he's not a big MK fan. We're only going again next year because I'm buying our tickets with my Christmas money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter