**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

So we are debating the cost to value for DAH villains is worth it for the 4 of us (me, wife, 2 daughters 8 & 10) when we are in WDW Aug 1-9. The cost would be nearly $600 which makes it a bit hard to swallow since we will be visiting MK 4x already (hop from or to during the trip).

Anyone else questioning the value when on a longer trip?
We are there for 9 days. My kids are 5 & 7. I really wanted to do an After Hours to check it out and I love the Villains, but ultimately we decided no for our family. Just so happens a fellow agent of mine is doing it without her family so my Dh suggested I do the same, with her, so that's what I'm doing. So yes, it was too much for our family, but perfect for just me.

One thing I just picked up on that I hadn't noticed before, Once Upon a Time (OUAT) is not scheduled for any June Villains After Hours night.

With HEA at 9:15pm like it is now, OUAT has generally been running at 10pm - the start of DAH time for a 10pm-1am event. Interesting they are not running it on Villains nights (which I'm assuming means they'd rather get people moving out of the park than give them a reason to stick around).

I called the other day and bought tickets online, but never received an email. They told me I needed to pick up my tickets at will call. Do I need to be concerned that I didn’t get an email?

I bought them by phone.

I think I may have not responded here, sorry about that. Generally speaking (although it can happen), you won't get an e-mail when you buy via phone. Unless they are doing something different these days, when you buy via phone, they mail you a hard ticket. Usually takes a week or so to arrive.

Last edited:
I think I may have not responded here, sorry about that. Generally speaking (although it can happen), you won't get an e-mail when you buy online. Unless they are doing something different these days, when you buy via phone, they mail you a hard ticket. Usually takes a week or so to arrive.
Thanks!

I think I may have not responded here, sorry about that. Generally speaking (although it can happen), you won't get an e-mail when you buy online. Unless they are doing something different these days, when you buy via phone, they mail you a hard ticket. Usually takes a week or so to arrive.

I bought mine through the app (for HS) and did receive an email. It said there was an attachment, but there really wasn't one. It's all in my MDE, so I don't care. :)

Just got my ticket for July 18!! Called the number on Disney's website as I'm an AP holder and was going to use a Disney Gift Card - the Events and Tickets number is not where we get them...she thought it was Dining so she transferred me...nope...it's through Resorts! Finally got it!!! Super excited!!!!

(And I did get an email even though I made it by phone.)

What does every one guess about October dates ? I know they have been pretty slim the last few years , but Im noticing a lot more for Sept this year.
We are there the first 2 weeks of October and reallllly hoping for a DAH event !
I'm guessing no because there is one more MNSSHP per week in October, so I went ahead and bought a party ticket.

I'm sure this has been asked somewhere, but I can't find an answer. We are doing DAH while still in Orlando after a Disney trip. I will be at Disney with my DS8 and DS14. My DH and DD are not going to Disney, but will be going to DAH. I made FP+ for all of us, but could not find an old magic band for my DD. We don't have hard tickets, so I am not sure what I need to do for her to both enter the park and use FP+.

I'm sure this has been asked somewhere, but I can't find an answer. We are doing DAH while still in Orlando after a Disney trip. I will be at Disney with my DS8 and DS14. My DH and DD are not going to Disney, but will be going to DAH. I made FP+ for all of us, but could not find an old magic band for my DD. We don't have hard tickets, so I am not sure what I need to do for her to both enter the park and use FP+.

Did you already buy your tickets? How did you buy them, online or call? If you bought online & did not pick a mailed delivery option, you will have to go to guest services outside the park to get her a hard ticket. She will need that to enter the park & use fastpasses. Or you could pick her up a magic band at Disney Springs or in a park while you are there & link it to her.

Are you staying onsite with your sons? You could add her to your room & get her a magic band that way too.

Did you already buy your tickets? How did you buy them, online or call? If you bought online & did not pick a mailed delivery option, you will have to go to guest services outside the park to get her a hard ticket. She will need that to enter the park & use fastpasses. Or you could pick her up a magic band at Disney Springs or in a park while you are there & link it to her.

Are you staying onsite with your sons? You could add her to your room & get her a magic band that way too.

That is what I expected for the answer. I bought on-line and did not pick delivery. I don't want to waste our limited time at guest services, so I will probably just buy her a magic band. We have a dining plan, so I can't add her to our reservation.

That is what I expected for the answer. I bought on-line and did not pick delivery. I don't want to waste our limited time at guest services, so I will probably just buy her a magic band. We have a dining plan, so I can't add her to our reservation.

We did MVMCP last December. Our tickets were linked to MDE, but they still didn't work with our magic bands. I'm not sure why. I noticed some people had printed off their tickets on paper. The cast member at the gate used hard tickets to scan us in. We didn't have to go to guest services. It was actually very quick. It almost seemed like they were expecting and prepared for guests to not be able to scan their magic bands to enter. They were asking us if we needed them before they opened up. We could've used those tickets to scan for fastpasses, but our magic bands worked fine for that part. I'm wondering if we'll have this same issue when we go back for DAH. Although our tickets show up in the "ticket" section, they don't show up in the "my plans" section. Anyway this may not even be an issue, but just wanted to make you aware if you decide to buy her a magic band.

Here now with tickets for Thursday opening night. I’ll do my best to report a few things that evening. If not I will the following AM.

Any word on whether it’s sold out yet?
Thank you! I know many of us are anxiously awaiting reports about this event! (We have tickets for 7/25.)

Here now with tickets for Thursday opening night. I’ll do my best to report a few things that evening. If not I will the following AM.

Any word on whether it’s sold out yet?

Not sold out yet, per the website.

On another note, I saw a report on the CR resort thread of some fireworks testing the other morning around 5am. Who knows if true, but they were told it was testing for Villains After Hours, which I interpret to likely be pyro associated with the stage show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter