**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

My AP expired 5/17 but DAH tickets pricing still shows AP discount price if I am signed into my account. I am assuming that will go away once my month leeway to renew ends? I wasn’t going back to WDW until 2021 but might get a chance to sneak in an After Hour event this fall.

Has anyone with a longer stay done DAH at MK and still felt it was well worth the expense? Still deciding on Villains for early Aug for the 4 of us when we have a 9 day hopper already...

Hard to believe I'm going in just 48 hours!!! Anything special I should get photos/info on for y'all?

So excited for you! We will be there on the 13th, so I can't wait for your report.

I am most curious about crowds. I went to DAH Jan 2018 when it was newer and had the best time!! It was amazing to be there with no crowds. I am hoping capacity is similar.

Also curious about bus transportation afterwards. My last DAH I stayed at the GF, the only option was a bus. It took forever to get there and shared with all monorail resorts, plus WL and FW. It was a nightmare.
This year we are staying at the BWV and I am sure the bus will share with all EPCOT resorts. My back up plan is to walk to the Contemporary and get an Uber from there.

Any info is appreciated! Have fun :)

Has anyone with a longer stay done DAH at MK and still felt it was well worth the expense? Still deciding on Villains for early Aug for the 4 of us when we have a 9 day hopper already...

We also have a 9d hopper with waterpark option. It's just DH and I this year and we find that we do not handle crowds as well as we used to. DH especially gets claustrophobic and MK crowds can be too much.

I did DAH Jan 2008, it was amazing! Worth every penny spent.

We are going on June 13th and I hope the capacity is similar to my previous experience.

Last summer, we ( DH, DD12 & I) had 10 day park hoppers. We did this on our last night (was not a park day for us). We did so much that night (including the Tangled Lantern Photo, a photo by the Tea Cups, and several rides w/FP all before the start of the event). Being it was our last night and we had already done 4 MK park days, we had a game plan & knew what we wanted to ride/characters to meet ahead of time. We already booked it for our July trip!

Last summer, we ( DH, DD12 & I) had 10 day park hoppers. We did this on our last night (was not a park day for us). We did so much that night (including the Tangled Lantern Photo, a photo by the Tea Cups, and several rides w/FP all before the start of the event). Being it was our last night and we had already done 4 MK park days, we had a game plan & knew what we wanted to ride/characters to meet ahead of time. We already booked it for our July trip!

Just remember - no meet and greets with the Villains. Not sure if regular ones will be meeting.

Last minute insanity: BFF might not be able to attend. I know tickets are 'nonrefundable, nontransferable' but hasn't anyone had success calling and changing? For example, MNSSHP tickets have the same restrictions, but I've gotten a credit for those tickets by calling in the past.

Just remember - no meet and greets with the Villains. Not sure if regular ones will be meeting.

Yes, that I am aware of - I have been keeping up with reading this thread for all the latest info (everyone is very helpful). Thanks for clarifying 🙂 I should have been move specific about the differences from last summer's offerings to this summer's offerings.

Last minute insanity: BFF might not be able to attend. I know tickets are 'nonrefundable, nontransferable' but hasn't anyone had success calling and changing? For example, MNSSHP tickets have the same restrictions, but I've gotten a credit for those tickets by calling in the past.

Not sure about refunds, but when I look at tickets in my account, I can reassign tickets for anyone who's plans I manage to my other friends.

I reassigned tickets last year to different people. Not a refund, but maybe someone else can go?

Last August, we had 10 day PH tickets and did this event twice on sold out dates. We went on the first night of our trip and then a week later. We had 3 MK days, stayed open to close) with 3 EMM. Yes, even with all of the MK time, I thought it was worth it. I think that attending this event and riding so many favorites over and over, made our regular days easier. We did the parties on days we didn't use a regular park ticket, so this gave us 3 FP to use pre-party. We booked Splash & 7DMT (and one other) before the party as they are the biggest time sucks during the party. We did get in 7DMT line at the end of one of the nights. We didn't do Small World during the party either as it is a long ride and pretty easy to do on a regular day. We met the princesses with zero wait which helped regular days go smoother.

I have almost the same thing planned this year -- 2 villains parties, 2 MK days with EMM, and my 3rd MK day has EMH and MNSSHP.

Hard to believe I'm going in just 48 hours!!! Anything special I should get photos/info on for y'all?

I'd like to know if the merchandise is on sale prior to the event starting. It would be nice not to wait in line for that during the event.

Also, any special photopass ops.

Thanks!

Probably not an original request, but I would love to hear your thoughts on crowds--does it feel more crowded than regular DAH and any impact on wait times. I'm afraid with adding the stage show and other Villains add-ons that Disney will sell a lot more tickets, but am hoping that they won't since they are charging more for this event.

Woohoo! Got tickets for me and my sis for 8/29. Wish I had checked in here or UT before buying from Disney, but what the hey, it's going to be a fun time.

We had already booked tea at GF that day for 3:40, with my mom. She's not coming to DAH. If I send her back to WBC with the car, will Uber / Lyft be plentiful enough for me and sis to get back or should mom Uber / Lyft back to WBC and let me move the car to drive back after the event?

Also, with mom not going to DAH, think I should move tea up to 2:15 instead of 3:40? This is not the way we usually do things, so all help / comments appreciated.

We did After Hours in January at Hollywood Studios just before leaving on a cruise. We planned a trip to Orlando in July that wasn't going to include any Disney but we ended up adding DAH at Animal Kingdom on 7/8 and the Villains event on 7/11. I'm excited to see the reviews come in. Hollywood Studios was incredible for After Hours and I'm hoping to have the same experience with these 2 events.

I had tickets for HS DAH last February for my DH. He ended up not making the trip. I called the ticket line before the trip and they said if it is unused, while I can no longer see it, they will see it on my account. When tickets went on sale for summer, I called in and was able to apply it to my DS for another date. When I first called, they said I could apply it when I was on-site, but I told them I was concerned it would sell out and wanted to buy tickets in advance. They transferred me to someone in ticketing, and they were able to apply the funds to a new ticket.

I got a refund last week on a Villains ticket. They told me it would be a one time refund. I did only have to get a refund on 1 if the 7 tickets I bought though.

I'd like to know if the merchandise is on sale prior to the event starting. It would be nice not to wait in line for that during the event.

Also, any special photopass ops.

Thanks!
Normally no, event exclusive items are only offered during the event. Not during the grace period that guests can enter with their event ticket. That way, non-event guests won't have access to purchase. But, you never know, things change all the time. You shouldn't find horrible lines though since they'll be selling them in several places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter