**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Ok so we can go June 6 while we are there easily but my concern is how are they going to clear day guests? At Halloween parties they do the sweeps and move people out. How are they going to get Day guests out so they don’t watch the show and see Maleficent? I don’t want to pay that kind of money and find myself surrounded by people who didn’t. I know they won’t be able to ride or shop or eat but I don’t want them hanging out either.

The Villian stuff sounds so fun- I wish this had been going on during my trip! I'll definitely be watching for reports once the dates start.

Ok so we can go June 6 while we are there easily but my concern is how are they going to clear day guests? At Halloween parties they do the sweeps and move people out. How are they going to get Day guests out so they don’t watch the show and see Maleficent? I don’t want to pay that kind of money and find myself surrounded by people who didn’t. I know they won’t be able to ride or shop or eat but I don’t want them hanging out either.
I’m guessing they’ll do something similar (or at least they should)

Yikes! $149 at inception? Did they offer more things?

No, it was the same current format. It was widely deemed to be a failure... it was hastily added, poorly advertised, and at the time the ticket price felt really high. They were GIVING tickets away like crazy and eventually had some AP/DVC discounts along the way. DAH didn't appear again after those first 7 dates for another year, and at the much reduced price point.

And it’s this insane price difference between the 2 events that gives me hope that they will cap ticket sales at current DAH levels. If given the choice, why pay more for less?

I hope this too! Cost more then regular DAH and MNSSHP with no special fireworks. The only thing that would make it worth the increase would be low wait times.

I am so torn.

It's offered once during my pre-cruise stay. On the night I have the Illuminations Dining Package booked - and it's not available either of the other nights - for what will likely be my final time to see Illuminations.

My choices are:
A) Keep things as they are and don't do DAH

or

B) Get a DAH ticket and cancel the Illuminations package, swap my planned (no FP+ yet...that's in May) Epcot and MK days, and then on the new Epcot day do the standard "find a place on the rail and park it" thing (making sure I'm bathroomed and hydrated before parking since I'm solo and wouldn't have anyone to hold my spot). (Also this would involve giving up dinner at The Wave.)

WHY couldn't they have made it July 19th?????

Thread friends, do I have the info right in the below? I've grown leery of Disney announcements and bad info, so just want a second set of eyes. Thanks!

June-August 2019 Dates.png

:worried:

I guess on our next visit, my son and I will stick to EMM. Cost is better and I would just try to rearrange our normal park visits. If it moves from Thursday, I might still consider it.

Wait a second...there's no meet and greet?

Yeah, when the Disney Parks Blog actually has some specific detail about something, you know it must be serious:
  • One Notorious Item to Note: Ever driven to stand out in their unpredictable and audacious fashion, while the Villains will be entertaining guests in the new stage show, they will not be participating in character greetings during the event.

Not really into the villains, but I’m thrilled to get a solid date for DAH during our trip, and that it’s happening on Thursday, which is what I planned around after the late spring dates were released last week. We’ll be there 7/25!!

Good point, I hadn’t thought of that. You are absolutely right. They better clear the park out, especially with a stage show right at the castle. Will be interesting to read the reports from the first few parties.

Edit to add: I personally don’t mind the price point. I actually said I would have paid the original $149, as long as the numbers are kept down & the rides have the advertised low wait times.

The debacle of "Unleash the Villains" at DHS years ago has been mentioned above already, but I've seen it cited a few other places today as the likely reason why there will be no meet and greets. The lines that those would generate during a three-hour event would not be good (the DHS event saw a number of refunds after guests complained about spending more than half the event in a single M&G line). Even at a low attendance event, it doesn't take too many guests to push the wait time up on those and three hours of After Hours goes by quickly. And there would be MANY people who did this just for the M&Gs (just like the parties).

We'll be there during one of these - but undecided whether this is worth it (and AH at Animal Kingdom the same week is more appealing). We've loved previous After Hours at MK - one of our best events last year, but this doesn't seem quite the same. And no matter how good the overlays are, nothing will ever beat the pitch black of Deep Space Mountain from MNSSHP (as for PoTC - well, whenever something gets hyped as new and amazing but turns out completely lame and anticlimactic, we call that a "Gunpowder Pete" around here).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter