DISappearing Peeps...Vol. 3! All are Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's midweek; how is everyone doing? I'm doing ok. We had a chip and dip day at work on Monday, I thought I'd wind up snacking on stuff so I packed a light lunch. Well, there wasn't much I wanted to eat so I avoided most of the snacking. I went to the gym at lunch and wound up needing a lot more lunch than I thought. I probably would've been ok until I found the squeexe cheese and rye party bread. My mom used to eat this when I was little and I thought, why not? I'm hungry, I ran today........ It was down hill from there........ Then my sis asked if we'd go to dinner with her since she'd had a rotten day....... I only had one roll but the dang peanuts called to me.......

It's midweek; how is everyone doing?

I did okay on Monday. There were brownies in the teacher's lounge and instead of my 2 point muffin, I ate that. I also had to attend a Science and Math meeting at another school from 4:15 - 6:15 and it was our last meeting of the year, so they had FOOD! I ate 1 choc chip cookie, 1 Hershey's mini and 3 Milky Way minis. Other than those things, I think I used 18 of my 22 points and I walked for 30 minutes or so. It wasn't my usual speed walking b/c it was with Chad, but it was still walking.

Yesterday was bad. Costco was at our school doing a promotion, so for lunch I had a few bites of my 4 point WW meal b/c I cooked it before knowing Costco was there; then I ate a small turkey sandwich (probably about half of a normal size sandwich, if not a bit smaller), a small scoop of chicken salad and 1/4 of a big cupcake (prob about 1/2 of a normal size one). I think I cheated with a couple pieces of candy in the afternoon also. Went to my parents for dinner: chicken casserole, mashed potatoes, sugar snap peas. I also had some nuts, a few more pieces of candy, and ice cream with Magic Shell for dessert. Horrible I know. I am always so bad at my folks cuz they have that kind of stuff around and out. I don't have too much junk at my house and if I do, it is hidden out of plain sight!

Today, so far I have stuck to the plan and should for the rest of the day. Will speed walk or do my walking video (depending upon weather) for 30 minutes and strength training (weights for my arms, push ups, sit ups, leg lifts, butt lifts) for about 20 minutes.

Thursdays are hard cuz I stay late at work plus they are having a Chinese dish for lunch. But I will stick with my 4 point WW tomorrow, as opposed to the Chinese dish, and try to stay away from the candy rewards I have here for my students. Wish me luck!

It's midweek; how is everyone doing?

Well, I've been good about my eating, and I've felt well enough to work out again, so I'm back at that. But I don't feel 100% yet, and I did a peek on the scale this morning. It was up even more than last week, so I'm really frustrated! I'm also frustrated that I don't feel back to normal yet. I had the first of the sore throat start almost two weeks ago! And I have had very minimal other symptoms besides the sore throat. It was severe for a few days, it got better, and the past couple of days it's been different (slightly swollen, but not as sore, & with a bit of congestion). For a week now my voice has been messed up to varying degrees, and I'm SO tired of not feeling good! I want to kick the exercise up a notch, and I just don't feel up to it yet. Anyway, I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon, and I'm hoping I don't get the "It's just a virus. Drink lots of fluids and get lots of rest." thing. I've been doing that already, and I haven't been able to kick this thing yet! OK, enough whining from me. I'm doing something about it, and I just have to hope I'll be back to normal soon.

So far, I'm having a good week. Food-wise, I had a bad Friday (which is pretty typical since I tend to overdo the whole "cheat day" thing); a better Saturday and Sunday, and I've been great since then. I've been getting plenty of exercise, both cardio and strength training. Plus, I did my super secret mid-week weigh-in this morning, and I was down a smidge. So hopefully that'll carry over to the next few days, and a few more smidges will make for a decent week. I'm really hoping to end March on a positive note so I have something to positive look back on for the 1st quarter of 2009.

Have a great day everybody!

I'm MIA for almost two weeks and I'm ashamed. Probably gained 2 lb in the mean time, haven't weighed myself in two weeks. I will say I did walk a little bit on Saturday, nothing big only for 10 minutes up and down my driveway because I hurt my back and that's all I could take plus it was cold. I thought it was spring :rotfl:

Gina - Awesome plans for your honeymoon

Sparkie - No advice here either, she's young and hopefully he doesn't hurt her again, it's bound to happen but I hope not.

Dawn - Ouch on the toe.

Hey guys!

So after many times of trying to get myself to a healthier weight slowly but surely, I have decided to take this problem and just fix it! I am going to a new college in the fall (after many transfer issues) and I want to feel like myself when I get there. I also have a wedding that I need to walk down the aisle for (not mine) around the same time. So, I'm doing this Bridal Boot Camp workout and diet and here's hoping it will go well!
I am 100% committed this time. I took a photo of myself in a bikini to get myself motivated. It is placed right by the cookie jar! :)

Anyway, I hope that some of my body will be DISappearing and that I can get myself down to my goal weight. :)

Woohoo!:thumbsup2

Hey guys!

So after many times of trying to get myself to a healthier weight slowly but surely, I have decided to take this problem and just fix it! I am going to a new college in the fall (after many transfer issues) and I want to feel like myself when I get there. I also have a wedding that I need to walk down the aisle for (not mine) around the same time. So, I'm doing this Bridal Boot Camp workout and diet and here's hoping it will go well!
I am 100% committed this time. I took a photo of myself in a bikini to get myself motivated. It is placed right by the cookie jar! :)

Anyway, I hope that some of my body will be DISappearing and that I can get myself down to my goal weight. :)

:welcome: Feel free to get settled and tell us a bit about yourself. We have a few rules. One, we weigh and report amount gained or lost on Fridays. We don't require you to post your actual weight, unless you want to. Second, we follow whatever diet and exercise program works best for you. Finally; you need to post that bikini pic. We all did it, most of us way back in our first thread.

Glad to see everyone is hanging in here and doing your best to stay OP. I know spring and summer can be hard, with all the outdoor activities and cookouts as well as end of year (for anyone involved in any school) activities and the spring holidays. It takes a lot to be OP through all the temptaions out there.

I had the first of the sore throat start almost two weeks ago! And I have had very minimal other symptoms besides the sore throat. It was severe for a few days, it got better, and the past couple of days it's been different (slightly swollen, but not as sore, & with a bit of congestion). For a week now my voice has been messed up to varying degrees, and I'm SO tired of not feeling good! I want to kick the exercise up a notch, and I just don't feel up to it yet. Anyway, I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon, and I'm hoping I don't get the "It's just a virus. Drink lots of fluids and get lots of rest." thing. I've been doing that already, and I haven't been able to kick this thing yet! OK, enough whining from me. I'm doing something about it, and I just have to hope I'll be back to normal soon.
I'm glad you're going to the doctor. Best to make sure it's nothing serious.
I have not been doing great on the eating in the last 36 hours. It was DD's birthday yesterday, and a frustrating day as well. I ate two of the brownies, that I had baked for her. I sent the rest with her to work, but she brought some back! Well, I've sworn off of anymore, but I couldn't stand to see them back again, like that old crocodile coming back for Capt. Hook.
Then my friend Sue came over to watch a couple of episodes of Season 1 of The Tudors with me (I got the DVDs for my birthday). I opened my last can of chocolate popcorn (that I had been saving since Oct.) and I think I ate about 3-4 servings. Combine that with no time for cardio the last three days, and it's a recipe for a weigh-in disaster.
Oh well, back OP right now, workout tomorrow, and hope for the best on Friday. I'm going to drink some water now, to at least flush out the salt.

I had the first of the sore throat start almost two weeks ago! And I have had very minimal other symptoms besides the sore throat. It was severe for a few days, it got better, and the past couple of days it's been different (slightly swollen, but not as sore, & with a bit of congestion). For a week now my voice has been messed up to varying degrees, and I'm SO tired of not feeling good! I want to kick the exercise up a notch, and I just don't feel up to it yet. Anyway, I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon, and I'm hoping I don't get the "It's just a virus. Drink lots of fluids and get lots of rest." thing. I've been doing that already, and I haven't been able to kick this thing yet! OK, enough whining from me. I'm doing something about it, and I just have to hope I'll be back to normal soon.

Disneyfreak92
This was running rampent in my kids schools!! I'm glad you're seeing a docotor, my had this and also strep throat! :scared1: The ended up missing an entire week of school.

Originally Posted by willonlyflytodisney
Hey guys!

I am 100% committed this time. I took a photo of myself in a bikini to get myself motivated. It is placed right by the cookie jar!

Anyway, I hope that some of my body will be DISappearing and that I can get myself down to my goal weight.

Woohoo!

Welcome!! You will love it here and everyone is so supporting!! Please tell us more about you!

Well most of you know I am not doing the Easter challenge just need time to revamp my diet and exercise routine. I have excercised everyday this week except Tuesday. I either walked did the 30 Day Shred or a Pilates DVD. Boy am I sore. But I did a sneek peek weight check this morning and I am back down! So that is a good thing. Thanks for all your help guys! :goodvibes

Hey guys!

Welcome aboard

Lynda - Glad you're going to the doctor too.

Welcome Willonlyflytodisney!!

My week...has been horrible. I just can't seem to stay on track no matter how much I try and motivate myself.
I exercised more last month when I hardly had anytime then I did this month when I had spring break!
I really don't know what to do, I keep saying I'll start again tomorrow but it always ends up the same. I know I've gained some this week, not too much, but it took me a long time to get this far and I really hate going back up to the plateu I was stuck at. :headache:

Hey guys!

Welcome :cool1:

Lynda - I hope you feel better soon :hug:

Everyone - :flower3:

Im having MIL issues. Blah.

Thank you everyone for your welcome! I don't know everyone's name, so I don't know who to respond to lol My name is Stacey, by the way.
I decided I am not going to post my bikini pic until I have made some progress. That way I will feel more comfortable putting it up!:)

This week has been on and off. I'm just starting to get a feel for my workout and exercise and Friday is my first weigh in - like first first. I haven't stepped on a scale in awhile. I am going to measure myself once a month and weigh myself once a week.
The wake up call came because I started noticing how much weight I was gaining in specific areas - my stomach and my hips. Someone in the street looked at me, clearly thinking I was pregnant, and I heard her audibly whisper to the person next to her that she thought I was a little young to be having a baby... Not exactly the best words of confidence. :mad:
But, it's okay. Because those words and my photo are what keeps me going. :thumbsup2
My boyfriend is also incredibly healthy. He is an actor so he dances all of the time and he's in his best shape possible. I want to find a way to be healthy as well.
My mother has decided to do this Bridal Boot Camp with me, which is absolutely perfect. It means that she is going to slack off and I'm going to have to push her to do better, which will push me to do better! It also means that I know I can't slack off myself because she is counting on me.
A little bit more about me? I'm 19 years old, I live in New York. I have a strong fear of flying, for a number of years - but I have been motivated enough to fly to Disney :) I have a boyfriend who has been with me for 2 wonderful years and I am currently in the process of transferring to a new school - hopefully Emerson! (I find out by May 15! Ah!)
I have tried many diets and workout programs, but I have discovered that I really need a PLAN to follow to change my lifestyle, I can't just try a couple things and try to fit it into my life. I need to change my life!

Your stories and pictures have inspired me to do this. With the help of a community, I have faith that I can do this.
Yesterday I had my last splurge of ColdStone Ice Cream and I'm ready!

That's all about me! Let me know your names so that I can try and figure it all out.
I've been told to try to take a multivitamin everyday along with diet and exercise - anyone do this/know of any good ones?
Hope everyone is having a good week and may you have the strength to figt your cravings!!!

I decided I am not going to post my bikini pic until I have made some progress. That way I will feel more comfortable putting it up!:)

You don't have to post a bikini pic unless you really want to! Me, I would rather pull my arm off than scare you all with a bikini pic! :lmao:

The wake up call came because I started noticing how much weight I was gaining in specific areas - my stomach and my hips. Someone in the street looked at me, clearly thinking I was pregnant, and I heard her audibly whisper to the person next to her that she thought I was a little young to be having a baby... Not exactly the best words of confidence. :mad:

My wake up call was very similar - a customer at work mistook me for a colleague who had just gone on Maternity!

But, it's okay. Because those words and my photo are what keeps me going. :thumbsup2

Good for you :thumbsup2

I have a boyfriend who has been with me for 2 wonderful years and I am currently in the process of transferring to a new school - hopefully Emerson! (I find out by May 15! Ah!)

Good luck!

I have faith that I can do this.
Yesterday I had my last splurge of ColdStone Ice Cream and I'm ready!

You definitely can do it! :cool1:

That's all about me! Let me know your names so that I can try and figure it all out.
I've been told to try to take a multivitamin everyday along with diet and exercise - anyone do this/know of any good ones?
Hope everyone is having a good week and may you have the strength to figt your cravings!!!

Im Kelly, I will answer to pretty much anything!

A friend on another weight loss thread did give some good advice about multi-vitamins - take them at night before you go to bed. If you take them in the morning they aren't as effective due to your morning drink? Im rubbish at remembering information, sorry! I do know she definitely said take them at night! :rotfl:

Thank you everyone for your welcome! I don't know everyone's name, so I don't know who to respond to lol My name is Stacey, by the way.

Hi Stacey! I'm Renee, in Atlanta. I don't know anything about posting bikini photos. But I wasn't here in the beginning. I thought she was kidding!!

As for a multi vitamin I use Viactiv FLAVOR GLIDES Dietary Supplements - Mult-Vitamin. I also take a Calcium pill with Vitamin D and other minerals in it, along with a fiber supplement.

Anyway, welcome on board!

Im having MIL issues. Blah.
I read about your MIL issues on a different thread. Not cool! My MIL is a little, um how should I put this, too interested in our lives for my tastes. But at least she isn't cruel like yours is. She's just a little nosy. So I suppose it could be worse.

Hi Stacey! I'm Renee, in Atlanta. I don't know anything about posting bikini photos. But I wasn't here in the beginning. I thought she was kidding!!
Nope, no joke! And just to prove that it wasn't a joke, I'll post another swimming suit pic right here...

f_DivingSuitm_3e85fa7.jpg

Welcome Stacey! My name is Aaron, the "thread dude" since I'm the only male DISappearing Peep. The light bulb went off in my head that I needed to lose weight when I hit 240 pounds, and I realized that the history of heart problems and diabetes in my family would probably kill me before I hit 60 if I didn't make a change. Over the course of the past 4 years, I've managed to lose around 80 pounds. It was closer to 85, but I packed on about 7 over the holidays and I'm still struggling to take them back off. I've still got about 15-20 to go before I'll be satisfied, but honestly if I'm stuck in the low 160's for the rest of my life I'll be ok considering where I started. I lost the weight mostly by following Weight Watchers, although I've only done it online and later on my own once I had all of the tools to do so; I never attended a meeting. Of course, exercise is a HUGE part of my success as well. I try to get at least 45 minutes in each night, whether that is some sort of exercise DVD, strength training, or just taking the dog for a walk/jog. Do you have a (non-bikini) picture to post so we can put a face to the name? Anyway, welcome again!

Do you have a (non-bikini) picture to post so we can put a face to the name?

I realized I never posted a photo of myself, so here ya go:

ry%3D400

And here is one of Mom and I:

ry%3D320

They aren't all that recent (1 - either Sept 2005 or Dec 2006, 2 - December 2007) but I don't change too much. :)

Enjoy! :)

I've noticed over the last few months/weeks, that I now am not comfortable (mentally) with feeling full. I start worrying that I have "spoiled" my week of good eating/exercise. Even when I am full of something healthy.

I just had my lunch break here at work. I had a 1 pt high fiber tortilla wrap, fresh spinach, and two microwaved original Gardenburgers (which = 2 pts.) (all rolled up). No dressing or anything. I also had 1 pt serving of green grapes, can of seltzer, and a 2 pt. Jello rice pudding (a rare treat, but I was craving a sweet today). My ENTIRE lunch only added up to 6 points. About 1- 2 points more than I usually have for lunch, but certainly nothing enormous. Plus it was healthy. And now I feel somewhat full. Not "I-just-left-the-all-you-can-eat-cheesecake-buffet" full, by any means. Not "Thanksgiving-afternoon" full. Just like "I've-had-a-meal" full. And now I am concerned that I have blown my weigh in for tomorrow. But I know that is ridiculous. I'm just not used to that "full" feeling any more.

I guess 15 months of continuous WW has left me feeling like I should be constantly on the verge of being hungry. And before you tell me that I should never be hungry, etc on WW, I'm sorry, but I am OFTEN HUNGRY. I make good choices about what I eat, I eat many, many veggies, and several servings of fruit a day, I don't often use my points on things like 100 calorie packs or cola. I make good, filling choices, but I am just often hungry. And I have gotten used to the feeling. So the feeling of full just seems strange I guess.

Just wondering if anyone else can relate?...................P

Just wondering if anyone else can relate?...................P

I guess I don't usually have that problem. I usually feel satisfied/full after I eat, but I eat every 2 hours or so, so I never have an "empty stomach" so to speak. When I do feel slightly hungry or if I just have this desire to eat something, I eat celery and carrots (o pts) and that fills me at that moment. So, what I am saying is, I don't feel uncomfortable with feeling satisfied/full because I usually always feel that way.

Welcome Willonlyflytodisney!!! :welcome:

Well Peeps, I went to the doctor, and I got a diagnosis and antibiotics (thank goodness!!). It's tonsilitis. I have an abcess on my left tonsil apparently. Today my throat feels better. My head is INCREDIBLY stuffed up, but I've had a few doses of the meds already, and I'm looking forward to feeling good again soon! :)

In spite of all this, I've been staying on track this week with both food and exercise, and I've been drinking tons of water - even more than usual (and that's a lot for me!). I'm still holding out hope that the scale will show me something better tomorrow morning than what I saw on my peek yesterday. I'd really like to at least see what I gained last week be gone. But who knows at this point?

Good luck to everyone on weigh in tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter