DISappearing Peeps...Vol. 3! All are Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:goodvibes Hi Peeps!
Sorry i have been MIA lately..work has been BUSYYYYY..not that i am complaining!
I have been a decent peep..but my sneak peek was NO GOOD this morning. i am hoping its due to me still being sore from Jillian's level 2 of 30 day shred..and the end of AF i am always still a little fluffy. But is it normal to have a 2 day gain from that stuff?? If not i better really revamp my eating i guess..sigh....
anyhoo..hope all is well..Dawn..OUCH your poor toe!!! :guilty:

OH i almost forgot!!! We booked our honeymoon!!!!!!!!!:banana: :banana: :cool1:
3 days Vegas ( at bellagio) ...basically so i dont have to fly 12 hours at a shot, and we have never been
8 nights Maui ( we are staying at the fairmont there..it looks awesome!)
6 nights at WDW!!!!!!!!!!--GF King club level..SOOO excited!!!
SOO very excited for so many reasons...the cherry on top is the fact that it will be food n wine fast at Epcot when we go! ;)

Hi Peeps! Sorry I've been MIA. Last week was a CRAZY week at work (I was training on one new system we are getting, and we were also testing an upgrade to a current system.). This week I have been sick. I've had a sore throat since last Friday, and it got really bad Tuesday. I left work early that day and called in sick yesterday. I'm back at it today, but still not all better. The throat was just incredibly raw! Today it is bearable at least. I have been good about food, but I haven't worked out since Monday night, and I had to cut that one short because I was just getting too winded. I hope this doesn't do me in on weigh in day. I've been doing so well!

Aaron - Put me down for 5.2 for the Easter challenge!

Dawn - Ouch on the toe! Hope it heals quickly! :hug:

Gina - Woo Hoo on booking the honeymoon!! :yay: How exciting!

i think a lot of us have been MIA lately! my life is CRAZY right now. i have more work than i've ever had (which is really odd because of the economy!) and my niece is going to be born any day now, which means i'm on constant standby. they want me to be in the room for the delivery and it's in nashville, 5 hours away. i've got someone to cover for me until the middle of next week if need be but she's been dilated to 1 cm for 2 days now and is not moving now. i know that one can stay at 1 cm for like weeks! so i'm really just hoping it works out so i can go. add to all that my broken toe and i'm about to pull my hair out.

obviously, with my toe being broken, i can't work out. i'm still eating good but i don't expect to see much on the scale this week or even for the next few weeks. i've been so stressed that i haven't been able to keep up with my calorie count for the past couple of days.

here's a picture of my toe from yesterday:

http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll79/punkin1803/?action=view&current=DSC00611.jpg

today it's a little puffier and the actual toe is more purple. the very light bruise that you see on top of my foot has now spread down almost to my ankle. i had it X-rayed because of the crazy bruising (i've had broken toes before and they've never looked like that) and the doctor said i broke only my pinky toe, but that i broke it IN HALF. :eek: nice, huh?

gina - how exciting about your honeymoon!!!!! that's a heck of a trip. i hope you do a TR! :surfweb:

Dawn, sorry about the toe and the crazy work schedule. Exciting about the new little one though!

We still haven't gotten then broken toe story... ;)

Hi Lynda! :wave:

Exciting on the honeymoon bookings!!

We still haven't gotten then broken toe story... ;)

it's nothing interesting. just me being a klutz! i was walking through the house tuesday morning and my left pinky toe hit the pillar that sort of divides my living room and dining room. i fell down, rolled around for a little while, saying a few choice words. then when i looked at it i knew it was broken because it was straight instead of curving to the inside like it usually does. i've broken toes before - no big deal. then, like i said earlier, i woke up wednesday morning and i had a big bruise on my foot. i was just scared that i had broken a bone deeper in my foot or something so i went and had X-rays taken. thank goodness it's only the pinky toe but it's broken in half. i have to keep it taped to the toe next to it and wear hard-soled shoes. i had on my alice crocs at the doc's office and she told me not to wear those for a few weeks because they let my foot bend too much.

anyway, that's the story. dawn the klutz strikes again! :rolleyes:

Dawn~ Seriously OUCH!!! I have broken both of my little toes and yes, it hurts; but I've never seen anything like that.

Gina~ How cool! We did WDW with my kids and extended family for our 'honeymoon.' We got a second chance and did it right. It reconfirmed how magical WDW is and that it truly is my nirvana.

Kat and Lynda~ :wave:

I've been pretty busy too. We're getting started with Ren Faire stuff for the season, I've gotten a ton better with working out (almost everyday at lunch and a few mornings a week,) I've been putting the final details on our next trip, and I've been spending more time helping the kids with their schoolwork.

I'm up for an Easter challenge, put me down for jsut 3 lbs this time. I'm doing more and feeling really good most days but the scale isn't moving. I'm losing inches though so I'm ok with the scale. I am wogging and sometimes even running now. I'm still thinking about doing a 5k this spring and I've signed up for a 60k walk this fall. If someone would've told me back in Jan that i'd be doing all this, I probably would've laughed it off. My new attitude and outlook has given me the courage to try things I never used to do. I may not be losing weight but what I'm gaining is soo much more important! I even ran 2 entire miles today. Me, running, for 2 miles.......... Never. thought. I'd. ever. do. it.

noni - i love your mouse-earred family! where did you get that and do you mind if i copy you? :laughing:

I got the black and white outlines from another DISser (from the cruiseline board) I did the coloration myself. Let me se if I still have the PM with the links to the originals. If I do I'll send it to you.

Hi All,
I've been MIA to! So busy with work and with the kids it's been a hard week for me. So I get on the scale this morning thinking I was down. NO I am up +2.6!!!:headache:

I just don't know what is wrong with me?? I eat right I walk everyday! I am so angry with myself! I just can't seem to get past the current weight I'm at!!

Any encourgement would help! I'm begging guys! What am I doing wrong?

Aaron I think I to am going to pass on the Easter challenge, I need to recharge as well.

Have a great day everyone and thanks for letting me vent!

Well, I'm down .8. I was hoping for a full pound (or more), but I'll take it. At least it was a step in the right direction. Sorry to see others are feeling discouraged. I totally understand. Remember, you are in this for the long haul! Don't let a bad week (or two or three) derail you. Keep plugging along. It will be worth it in the long run!....................P

Morning Peeps -

I am not going to weigh in this week and hope for some good results next week. I think I just need to step away from the scale for a little while!

Gina - Your honeymoon sounds amazing - you will definitely need to write a trip report!

Dawn - Sorry to hear about your toe - sounds painful. Hope your niece comes soon!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

today it's a little puffier and the actual toe is more purple. the very light bruise that you see on top of my foot has now spread down almost to my ankle. i had it X-rayed because of the crazy bruising (i've had broken toes before and they've never looked like that) and the doctor said i broke only my pinky toe, but that i broke it IN HALF. :eek: nice, huh?
I was doing fine with your story until I got to the highlighted part. Seriously, you just made a grown man cringe. Hope you're happy... :upsidedow

Hi All,
I've been MIA to! So busy with work and with the kids it's been a hard week for me. So I get on the scale this morning thinking I was down. NO I am up +2.6!!!:headache:

I just don't know what is wrong with me?? I eat right I walk everyday! I am so angry with myself! I just can't seem to get past the current weight I'm at!!

Aaron I think I to am going to pass on the Easter challenge, I need to recharge as well.

I don't remember - are you doing WW? Counting calories? If you are doing WW, I'd suggest maybe count your calories for a week to make sure you are actually eating enough. About a year ago I was in the same predicament as you (eating good, exercising plenty and still gaining weight), and I decided to take the tried and true "Goal Weight x 13" calculation for calories. And I discovered that I was eating about 500 calories too few every day. So basically I was in starvation mode. So I sorta reevaluated what I was eating, gave myself a few extra WW points to play with every day (thus putting me around the ~2015 calories I should be eating every day), and the weight started coming off again. Not sure if that's why you are struggling right now, but it worked for me.

I decided to bite the bullet and weigh myself this morning, despite completly losing my Peeping mind this past weekend. And thankfully, I only gained 0.4 pounds. Of course, this is also the first week in probably a month that I've really concentrated on not snacking and eating only my daily points and that's it. So I'm sure that had a lot to do with it. Because of that, I'm going to try to commit to losing 3.8 by Easter; which would put me back at 160, about 5 pounds above my original goal weight of 155 (which has since been lowered to 145).

Good luck everybody!

Oh boy! I need to catch up on the thread

I am going to weigh in tomorrow..I woke up at my mom's today and i like to weigh myself on my scale, but I think I did great this week all things considered. it seems lately i stay the same one week and then the next i have a big jump.

If there is an easter challenge aaron please put me down for 4 pounds!

Hi all! I also am going to pass on the Easter Challenge... but I am up for a Memorial Day challenge! :thumbsup2

I am a SAMER again this week. Still working like crazy, and just need to get through the next couple of weeks. I think then I will be able to see a loss on the scale.

Hi All,

Please Do not get discouraged! I am just going to be blut it does not matter how well you eat...but if your only form of exercise is walking you absolutely MUST start doing some sort of resistance or strength training or the scale will never move!!! Once you start incorporating resistance training 2 to 3 times a week for only 20 to 30 minutes I can promise you the scale will move.

Do you all realize that Easter is only 3 weeks and 2 days away? Maybe it should be a Memorial Day challenge instead. Or even a "May Day" challenge. I will join, no matter what you decide. If you do an Easter challenge, put me down for 4 pounds. If you decide on another date, I will change my goal. Thanks, no matter what is decided....................P

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter