DIS FIT 2021 New Hopes, Dreams & Goals, Chit Chat Thread

i’ve been reading along but haven’t added much yet. it’s been a busy and stressful little while for me personally, with lots of ups and downs...i know right now we’re all struggling to stay positive. all we can do is find ways to get through the tough stretches, right?

right now, i’m trying to focus on staying calm and distracted. i’ve been working on a haunted mansion puzzle we got on our last trip. it’s soooooo difficult, so it’s a great distraction.

i’ve also been reading a book called The Queens of Animation: The Untold Story of the Women who Transformed the World of Disney and Made Cinematic History. it’s pretty good, and i bet it might be interesting to some of you too :) it’s a nice way to get a bit of a disney fix with no trip planning on the horizon!

i’ve been reading along but haven’t added much yet. it’s been a busy and stressful little while for me personally, with lots of ups and downs...i know right now we’re all struggling to stay positive. all we can do is find ways to get through the tough stretches, right?

right now, i’m trying to focus on staying calm and distracted. i’ve been working on a haunted mansion puzzle we got on our last trip. it’s soooooo difficult, so it’s a great distraction.

i’ve also been reading a book called The Queens of Animation: The Untold Story of the Women who Transformed the World of Disney and Made Cinematic History. it’s pretty good, and i bet it might be interesting to some of you too :) it’s a nice way to get a bit of a disney fix with no trip planning on the horizon!
You are so right Hon
Staying positive is the best thing we can all do for ourselves.
The book you are reading sound great! I have decided that short articles is all my brain seems to be able to focus on. My son bought me a subscription to *Atlantic* and I find I can engage for short periods of time.
Now puzzles I run kicking and screaming away from ,,,I think it's a mental block I have to them ,,,I am just unable to do them. I admire your abilities to do them though.

Good news is
: The kitchen pot I cooked yesterday might be able to be saved.
: My Amaryllis plant has sprouted and is on a very quick growth spurt. I really hope it flowers nicely this year.
: My first chart for savings challenge is finished and I've started a second one. (Travel money redirected but hey it feels good to be putting a little away for a rainy day ).

Rest well my friends.
Hugs
Mel

You are so right Hon
Staying positive is the best thing we can all do for ourselves.
The book you are reading sound great! I have decided that short articles is all my brain seems to be able to focus on. My son bought me a subscription to *Atlantic* and I find I can engage for short periods of time.
Now puzzles I run kicking and screaming away from ,,,I think it's a mental block I have to them ,,,I am just unable to do them. I admire your abilities to do them though.

Good news is
: The kitchen pot I cooked yesterday might be able to be saved.
: My Amaryllis plant has sprouted and is on a very quick growth spurt. I really hope it flowers nicely this year.
: My first chart for savings challenge is finished and I've started a second one. (Travel money redirected but hey it feels good to be putting a little away for a rainy day ).

Rest well my friends.
Hugs
Mel

i used to read tons and tons. i’ve done 100 books/year challenges a few times. but my attention span has changed a lot this year too! slowly, slowly, i’m trying to get back to my normal.

for pots, i saw some really nice ones on the air miles site recently! i love the staub ones myself. just in case you need a little silver lining!!

and i admire how quick you are to find those silver linings. plus...you’ve always just finished a money saving challenge!! you’re great at them.

80QDCoS.jpg

Here are two money challenges I am working on. One is done and I have the second one almost done. I will add some money in April when my DVC timeshare rents out. Then I start a Harry Potter one I made.
This time though I have had to be careful and *launder* and dry all the money. lol
My New business Laundering money....Lol

Hugs
Mel

Long time lurker here. :)

Thanks to everyone for sharing your recent thoughts and challenges. It's so good to see the subsequent supportive thoughts and feelings. It's so good to see that I'm not alone. :hyper2: I've been struggling with this COVID life too.

Having read all the messages, I feel like I could bundle up today and go for a walk in the daytime. I've been walking my dog at night and though it's peaceful, its a bit dark and lonely. Some sunlight could be good, right? :D

Long time lurker here. :)

Thanks to everyone for sharing your recent thoughts and challenges. It's so good to see the subsequent supportive thoughts and feelings. It's so good to see that I'm not alone. :hyper2: I've been struggling with this COVID life too.

Having read all the messages, I feel like I could bundle up today and go for a walk in the daytime. I've been walking my dog at night and though it's peaceful, its a bit dark and lonely. Some sunlight could be good, right? :D
Hi OttawaDisGirl
My name is Mel.
Yep that sunshine will go a long way to keeping you healthy. I walk alone too and find myself a bit uneasy at times.
My son suggested listening to music but I think I want to be aware of my environment at all times. The music idea makes me nervous.
I also started taking vitamin D gummies last year and they really help also.
Welcome to our little group of friends Hon.:flower1:

Hugs
Mel

i used to read tons and tons. i’ve done 100 books/year challenges a few times. but my attention span has changed a lot this year too! slowly, slowly, i’m trying to get back to my normal.

for pots, i saw some really nice ones on the air miles site recently! i love the staub ones myself. just in case you need a little silver lining!!

and i admire how quick you are to find those silver linings. plus...you’ve always just finished a money saving challenge!! you’re great at them.

Now you stop that Missy ,,,Lol ,,,,,I promised to save my airmiles for a Universal Hotel stay ....I must be strong!
Ok I did peak at them and they are lovely.
Hugs
To you
Mel
1611858241830.png

Hi OttawaDisGirl
My name is Mel.
Yep that sunshine will go a long way to keeping you healthy. I walk alone too and find myself a bit uneasy at times.
My son suggested listening to music but I think I want to be aware of my environment at all times. The music idea makes me nervous.
I also started taking vitamin D gummies last year and they really help also.
Welcome to our little group of friends Hon.:flower1:

Hugs
Mel

When I listen to music while I walk I don't turn it up that loud, and don't use noise cancelling headphones, so I can still hear what is around me. I had some walking/jogging workouts that play music while an instructor motivates and sets the pace. They were included with my WW membership which I don't have any more.

However I do not like walking in winter and have mostly just been playing in the front with kiddo who likes me to chase him. He runs into/onto the snow banks while I try and "catch" him from the driveway. I look forward to spring again and the weather improving and getting back to some actual walks.

When I listen to music while I walk I don't turn it up that loud, and don't use noise cancelling headphones, so I can still hear what is around me. I had some walking/jogging workouts that play music while an instructor motivates and sets the pace. They were included with my WW membership which I don't have any more.

However I do not like walking in winter and have mostly just been playing in the front with kiddo who likes me to chase him. He runs into/onto the snow banks while I try and "catch" him from the driveway. I look forward to spring again and the weather improving and getting back to some actual walks.

Well according to my well used calendar we have only 2 more days of Jan (Mel's most hated cold cold cold month of the year).
I will try to do better at walking outdoors but it's not easy motivating myself ,,,give me Spring and I will come out of hibernation, Lol.

Hugs Heather
Mel

This was my calendar saying for today. That is absolutely me.
View attachment 552634

And we all here love and appreciate you very much!
Are the Bears going on any adventures in Feb?

Hugs Judy
Mel

PS
Judy
I know ,,, I know ,,,, stay off of online shopping but I knew you'd appreciate this.....
and they are solar
picked 2 up for 1/2 price at Bed Bath Beyond (I am supporting local shopping though right?) lol.

$12.99 each.

Now you stop that Missy ,,,Lol ,,,,,I promised to save my airmiles for a Universal Hotel stay ....I must be strong!
Ok I did peak at them and they are lovely.
Hugs
To you
Mel
View attachment 552699

that’s my favourite too!!

i’m saving up for a beach vacation. it’s freezing here right now...and the kiddo takes time every day to build a pretend sand castle. i don’t know *when*...but i know the air miles will be waiting when we can take a trip!

Are the Bears going on any adventures in Feb?
Yes they will be and they went on an adventure to Casa Loma this week. I should have been at the Afternoon Tea there as part of the Winterlicious so they went for my friend and my family. My friend usually gives my Mother her ticket as part of her Christmas gift and my sister and I just tag along with them. Actually my sister drives us there so my friend never says no to somebody else driving to an event. Yes there was also a picture with them suitably masked.
Here they are enjoying their tea and party sandwiches. I have had that tea set since at least 1990.
P1251382 casa loma.jpg
In February they will be attending a Super Bowl party and a Daytona 500 party. They will be getting around.
I know ,,, I know ,,,, stay off of online shopping but I knew you'd appreciate this.....
and they are solar
picked 2 up for 1/2 price at Bed Bath Beyond (I am supporting local shopping though right?) lol.
Oh you know that I just went and checked if my store had them and nope can't be found but yours are so cute. Enjoy

Yes they will be and they went on an adventure to Casa Loma this week. I should have been at the Afternoon Tea there as part of the Winterlicious so they went for my friend and my family. My friend usually gives my Mother her ticket as part of her Christmas gift and my sister and I just tag along with them. Actually my sister drives us there so my friend never says no to somebody else driving to an event. Yes there was also a picture with them suitably masked.
Here they are enjoying their tea and party sandwiches. I have had that tea set since at least 1990.
View attachment 552730
In February they will be attending a Super Bowl party and a Daytona 500 party. They will be getting around.

Oh you know that I just went and checked if my store had them and nope can't be found but yours are so cute. Enjoy

Oh My Gosh I love it!
I didn't know about Casa Loma Tea for Winterlicious ,,you can bet I will be googling this activity and going next time it's available.
My Nana used to collect Tea Pots ,,for some reason friends and family think I also collect them ,,I do love all of them but when you need a cabinet for just tea pots it might be time to stop ,lol.
Love that Tea set,, Vintage Fisher Price Tea Set ,,so cute.
https://www.shopping99.xyz/products.aspx?cid=134&cname=fisher+price+tea+set+vintage&xi=5&xc=29
I am going to miss the Canada Blooms flower show this year but maybe they will be doing something online for it?
Nothing has been posted yet
https://canadablooms.com/
Thanks for sharing your Bears,, it made my day!:lovestruc
Hugs
Mel

Well, either through the running around outside in the cold or perhaps sitting inside too much? my back is so sore! I can't remember ever having this happen before, so I have a heating pad on it at my work desk but am not sure what to take that might help, advil or Tylenol? I don't have anything specifically for backs/muscles because I've never really had this happen before! I've readjusted my work chair so hopefully that helps.

So on the moving front, we have decided to stay put for a little longer. I still want to move but it will cost more so we are going to stay here and save up a bit more, and get a few things I've been putting off. Kiddo wants a gaming computer so he was easy to convince, I want a TV stand with electric fireplace built into it, and a bigger TV. Another year here and I could probably get those and save for a trip when covid is done. So money is winning for now. Kiddo starts grade 7 in the fall, which is high school, and he's determined to go to school with his friends. If we are here for 2 more years, once he hits grade 9 he can still attend the same school but I'll have to get him there. Which opens up the area we can look at. I'm a little sad though because the places we were looking at are a lot nicer. Any way. We'll survive. And maybe I can try to have a garden again this year. Though it always turns into weeds when I get lazy about taking care of it :) or the rabbits eat everything. I still don't get how there are so many rabbits with the dog running around the yard.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weather, today is the coldest day of the winter (so far) here. But it's also my sister's birthday, which means mine is super close. And January is almost over... Then it's short February and after that, it's pretty much spring!

hdrolfe

I was just wandering through the Rexall flyer and saw a heated Shiatsu Massage chair pad and wondered if something like that might help your back?
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10068/1392018?selectorHref=/flyers&page=15
I twirled ,,,, tripped and then fell (on a kids over sized wheeled school bag) a couple of years ago and boy oh boy the next day I hurt like crazy.
Also try an Epsom salts bath.
I'm in the same boat here with multiple critters eating everything I plant.
Some of my stuff in containers fair a bit better.

Thinking of you
Hugs Mel

PS
You could also speak to the Airmiles gatekeeper........
https://rewards.airmiles.ca/merchan...dless-shiatsu-massage-pillow-with-heat/119154

Last edited:
I'm going to try those suncatchers tomorrow. I have the perfect tree to hang one from in the backyard. or I could make 2 and stick on in the front yard too and start a neighbourhood trend.

I've gone down a bit of a YouTube rabbit hole this evening. I saw a story on tv about Covid song parodies on YouTube so I went to search up those. Then I, missing travel, started looking at Southwest Airlines funniest cabin crew announcements.

In need of a distraction, check them out.

edit to add song parodies. Makes more sense now.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter