DIS FIT 2021 New Hopes, Dreams & Goals, Chit Chat Thread

Still thinking at this point. I am due some back pay end of March and will be ready to apply then so keeping an eye on what's available for now, and dreaming :)

We seem to have gotten quite a bit of snow, and we always end up with a hill at the end of the driveway from the plow, we are on a corner and it's the worst, about 5 houses down gets barely anything! The annoying bit this winter is we have mice (or some rodents) in the garage so I'm parking in the driveway (they already chewed wires... $500 fix) and it's harder to shovel around the car.
Well it sounds lovely and it’s nice to have something to dream about . Sounds like it will be an exciting Spring for you .
Today felt a little like Spring with all the sunshine on our walk . I think we are returning to more January like weather soon though .

@hdrolfe I think you'll love Arnprior. DH works in Kanata (from home now) and I've often thought of moving up the river to Arnprior when my 3 DS's are all set up and living independently (1 to go). Small town feel yet close enough to the city. Actually for the distance you could even go south and move to Smiths Falls if you're WFH. It would be about an hour (Arnprior or Smiths Falls) downtown either way.

Exciting to have something new to look forward to.

@hdrolfe I think you'll love Arnprior. DH works in Kanata (from home now) and I've often thought of moving up the river to Arnprior when my 3 DS's are all set up and living independently (1 to go). Small town feel yet close enough to the city. Actually for the distance you could even go south and move to Smiths Falls if you're WFH. It would be about an hour (Arnprior or Smiths Falls) downtown either way.

Exciting to have something new to look forward to.

My parents are in Smiths Falls. I was looking at it but didn't want them to feel crowded :) Carleton Place is another option, or Almonte. I like the idea of the smaller town but close to amenities.

Today, it seems that everything is getting to me. Not sure why, I guess between work being irritating, cold weather, ate too much, and haven't been sleeping well. This set of lock down, don't see anyone, is proving harder. Kiddo isn't really playing with his "friends" so he's getting bored as well, and he doesn't want to do things like build lego, so it's been a rough couple days. I am also really feeling the lack of trips for some reason. I think because the vaccines are rolling out, so it's like there should be Hope, but then it's taking a long time and things are still desperate in hospitals. Any way. Just venting a bit that I'm having a hard day. I'm tired of winter and it only just started!

Heather Mee toooooo....
I just disappeared on the family for 1/2 hour and they all panicked ,,,I just went for a drive.
The walls were closing in on me.
I called my sister inlaw and asked her to meet me tomorrow at McDonalds parking lot in our cars.
Yeah I know I could just zoom meet but I NEED to see her face in person,,, even if it's from a distance.
I have been a frequent visitor to the airmiles website checking out hotels in the Universal Orlando area.
I am so not a winter person and I am checking off the days of Jan, I hate this month. Come On Valentine's Day!
I usually get through the winter by looking forward to my annual March Break trip,,,, not this year.
One thing I am thankful for today is that the atmosphere down south is going to improve as of 12 noon tomorrow,,,(that wasn't too political was it? Lol.
Maybe since kiddo is home right now could he safely visit the grandparents? just a thought.
Take some time just for you Hon and maybe have a nice facial and spa.
Hugs Hon
We will get through this.
Hugs
Mel

One foot in front of the other Heather. I also have days like you. This is definitely the toughest time I've ever been through. Find whatever diversion/little indulgence you can.

Personally, I know I will have a bunch of extra weight to get rid of when this is all finished (I stress eat)

This whole situation is not easy. No contact with anyone outside of our home bubbles, most of us not going into work, only leaving our homes for essentials, all of this is NOT easy. We are not used to living like this. We are used to being able to do things that we wanted to, when we wanted to.

January and February are the hardest months of the year to get through. Thankfully here ( northern Alberta) it has been incredibly mild and we can at least get outside to walk or do some socially distanced activities.

I know we are struggling in our home right now. We had/have 4 January birthdays. NO restaurants for dining in, no gathering with others, so that just sucks all the fun out of a birthday pretty fast. My poor son ( his birthday was yesterday) is working out of town and staying in a hotel. No eating out, no contact with anyone other than his work buddy who is sleeping in another room. That's a pretty sucky birthday. The GD had her birthday Sunday...and we missed her first birthday. It SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!! I tried to not shed tears over missing such a special milestone....but they flowed this morning after looking at my memories on FB and seen a post about how it was just her and I hanging out together until her next feeding as everyone had went back to sleep. God...I can't wait to see that little munchkin again. It really does suck.

Now we are advised to not travel as boarders could change at any time :sad1: Seriously....allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll this crap is why I want to escape...and now we can't even try to plan. It sucks.

Love that sign Judy.
Everyone needs to remember to take time for themselves.

I had a dental cleaning appointment today and Wow my gums feel so much better.
It looks like dental work I've been putting off has reached it's maximum wait limit ,,,,(I ignore it and it will just go away).
So I need two crowns and 1 cavity filled. I'm a tad dental phobic ,,,,,,,,, ok VERY VERY dental phobic.
We are gearing up with a sedative at home and general sedation once I get to the dental office , all booked for next Month.

Off to review the food flyers and make a game plan ,,,I might just hold off shopping till next week.
I do have to go to Rexall to pick up milk so I might see if there is anything else I need.

Have a great day
Hugs
Mel

And the days are getting longer now. I am no longer driving to and home from work in the dark. It is still dark in the mornings, but at least I'm not driving in the dark...and the sun is actually in the sky yet when I pull out of the parking lot!
Yes! I was starting dinner last night and thought “hey, it’s not dark yet” .. and then it hit me that we are actually getting longer days now . Thank goodness! Doesn’t the thought of spring / summer feel good ?! We will get there :sunny:

Almost 2/3 of the way thru Winter!!! (one more week).:worship::daisy:
Hugs Mel
I don't know how I'm going to stay positive for the rest. I just received a note on messenger from a good friend I haven't seen since last summer, and got all teary eyed. Fortunately there are no chips in the house. :rotfl:

I don't know how I'm going to stay positive for the rest. I just received a note on messenger from a good friend I haven't seen since last summer, and got all teary eyed. Fortunately there are no chips in the house. :rotfl:

Hugs to you Hon
Finally all the Christmas junk food is out of my house so I have nothing to binge on.
Now in a pinch I could pop some popcorn. lol
We can do this Hon.
Hugs
Mel

So I was bored and decided to cook some pasta to make tuna salad ,,,,,I got busy designing some stuff for my Etsy store and POOF!
Smoke filled the house,,, I can NOT cook while designing, ,now we are freezing as I air out the house.(Pot is sitting in the backyard,).
Looks like it's soup and sandwich for dinner tonight.

Off to look for a bottle of Febreze.

Hugs
Mel

If I ever put something on the stove and leave the room I set the timer to go off a few minutes earlier than I need it to. I like you can get lost in creativity and lose all track of time.

Glad nothing other than the pot was damaged.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts