DIS FIT 2021 New Hopes, Dreams & Goals, Chit Chat Thread

Good morning everyone :)
Dh and I had to get out yesterday so we went for a long drive and had a quick outdoor chat with his parents too. Today is my birthday so my daughter and her boyfriend will come by and stand outdoors with me for a few minutes, and my mom and dad and sister said they are doing a drive by too . It makes such a difference to see their faces even if just for a few socially distanced masked up minutes . I am lucky to have so many good kind people in my life.

We’ve been walking a ton. Our dogs are very much creatures of habit and were used to their walks after supper. On the weekends we started trying to walk earlier to get some daylight. They were happy with that but as soon as we finish supper they start jumping around all excited for their after dinner walk anyway . So two walks it is!

Today I choose to be grateful for my health, the health and love from my friends and family, my cozy home, and all of you too ! Onward :grouphug:

Happy Birthday @pigletto Two walks a day! That's pretty nice. I am not even really doing one walk lately, I just do not like the cold and ice. Kiddo makes me go out and we play tag in the front, sometimes we take the dog out too but he gets cold and hops around on 3 feet so obviously doesn't like cold toes. But won't wear his booties, he can't even walk with them on he just flops over. Spring will come again some day I guess!

It's one week to my birthday and my big plans are to order dinner so I don't have to cook. I am sure I'll still have to make all the other meals for us and get kiddo a million snacks over the day. My facebook is currently reminding me that 6 years ago we took our first Disney/Cruise trip to celebrate my 40th. On this day we were at Animal Kingdom, kiddo was 5. It was the first park we did because we only had one day and I knew Magic Kingdom would be too overwhelming to start. We rode Expedition Everest, ate at Tuskers for breakfast, did safari a few times, and he spent hours in boneyard, which I didn't know had a path over to the sandy part. I sat at the bottom of the slides wondering where he'd gotten to. And why I spent hundreds on a fancy playground :) But it was the start of our love for all things Disney. Last night we watched Zootopia (we've seen it so many times) and then Soul, which got him worked up, he was so worried about 22. This year is much tamer but hopefully we'll be back to it in another year, or two.

Right now we have quite a few 2 layer masks. I’m seeing more and more to suggest that 3 layer masks offer the best protection, especially given the potential rise of fast spreading variants.
I thought I would order a few today, especially for DS16 since he’s headed back to high school at some point.
Do you guys have any recommendations ? I was about to go with a Canadian Etsy seller but thought I would check to see if you all had ideas or masks you really like.

Right now we have quite a few 2 layer masks. I’m seeing more and more to suggest that 3 layer masks offer the best protection, especially given the potential rise of fast spreading variants.
I thought I would order a few today, especially for DS16 since he’s headed back to high school at some point.
Do you guys have any recommendations ? I was about to go with a Canadian Etsy seller but thought I would check to see if you all had ideas or masks you really like.
it's highly recommended that at least one of those layers needs to be a polypropylene liner, the blown, non woven type. So either find ones that are made with that sewn in or get ones with pockets and buy the filters.
I've been sewing it into mine since November now (the doctor in charge of our health unit is on the ball and usually way out front of others when and puts her foot down!) And we don't find it makes it any harder to breathe in fact hubby prefers the new masks because they hold their shape better, away from your face.

I think I've seen that staples sells the liners and I know a small business in our area sells these ... or if you have access to a lens mill they sell this stuff for around 4 a yard

I'll do more research when in get up to show a few more options
https://www.hidesinhand.com/masks.h...es-3-filters-**/p/206669183/category=58156027

it's highly recommended that at least one of those layers needs to be a polypropylene liner, the blown, non woven type. So either find ones that are made with that sewn in or get ones with pockets and buy the filters.
I've been sewing it into mine since November now (the doctor in charge of our health unit is on the ball and usually way out front of others when and puts her foot down!) And we don't find it makes it any harder to breathe in fact hubby prefers the new masks because they hold their shape better, away from your face.

I think I've seen that staples sells the liners and I know a small business in our area sells these ... or if you have access to a lens mill they sell this stuff for around 4 a yard

I'll do more research when in get up to show a few more options
https://www.hidesinhand.com/masks.h...es-3-filters-**/p/206669183/category=58156027
Thank you ! Exactly the kind of info I was looking for :)

OK, I've done a bit of searching around on Etsy for masks -- not promoting ANYONE here but since you mentioned i thought i'd look -- and I did find a few that are using the polypropylene in their masks. I searched "3 layer mask with filter" and then selected Only items from Canada. There are several out there that meet the criteria but I'll add my 2 cents worth (if that's even worth ANYTHING!) realizing I'm not an expert by any means but I've been making my masks according to specs put out by out health unit and a doctor in our city who posts regularly on Facebook. You need to remember that it's sort of like buying a bra as well, you can't just go pick up one in your size and have it fit without trying it on! I'm sure by this point you're all aware of THAT! I have 4 different patterns i use right now, one for hubby, one for me, one for our daughter & one for her wife, we ALL have different shaped & sized faces. I'm still searching and trying new patterns to find one that will work right now for when I'm wearing a hat, (ours have ties that go around our heads and urgh, I need to take my hat off to put it on) and I've had a couple come close but not quite good enough.

WOAH, off topic much Jacqueline??

Here's something interesting I did find on ETSY btw, you could buy this and then use in any mask that fits (if it has a pocket) just cut them to fit. (this is exactly the material I'm using except mine comes in a huge piece i had cut off a bolt!) It says "handmade" but that's bull 💩, all they've done is cut it into pieces!
POLY FILTERS

Here's another listing for the same thing in case you want option of black or white BUT if you can see the colour of the filter thru your mask it's too thin!!
POLY FILTER

You can buy filters like these as well from several places but since they're about 5 layers thick I can't imagine it would be easy to breathe!
MASK FILTERS

AND somehow it's suppertime already. I'll keep searching for a few CDN options that I know people have mentioned they like but the company i linked this morning gets rave reviews as well

HIDES in HANDS

totally off topic, but i’m having a little pity party for myself...i’ve started a new medication this week and it’s the very worst. i’ve done about a million injections of different meds, but this one is on a whole other level. i absolutely dread it all day before taking it, and then i feel sore for a few days afterwards.

i could use some virtual love or cute pet photos or disney pics or whatever to cheer myself up.

That sucks. Is it an ongoing medication?

We are thinking of getting another kitten, yes I have 3 cats already. The two girls do not get along and the youngest is desperate for someone to play with her, so she torments the other girl. Old man is, well, older so he doesn't want to play. I think a kitten would be great to play with the youngest, and so we are looking at getting a Siamese, a blue or lilac one, a boy, and kiddo wants to name him Mars (to go with Snickers, Kit Kat, and Elsa). Any way! here is a pic of the possible babies that are a couple days old with their mama. And a pic of my 3 babies we have already, and the puppy. 553976

553985bed kitties.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter