• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Did anyone receive a dinner invitation to discuss changes to DVC membership?

calypso726

Escaping reality one Disney vacation at a time
This morning I received a call from 813-502-4944 and was asked if I received the dinner invitation to discuss the 2016 changes to my "Disney membership resort". I told them I didn't and wouldn't expect to since the annual meeting is held in December on Disney property and asked them to explain themselves and what specifically are they talking about. The person said there were changes to RCI and II trades. I explained that DVC hasn't transferred to II in years and asked was the meeting sponsored by DVC? No, it was RCI and II partners. I declined the invitation but was wondering if anyone else had any insight.

Almost certainly some scam, not related to Disney. There's enough information on the deeds that are filed that anyone can compile a list of owners if they chose to.

Almost certainly some scam, not related to Disney. There's enough information on the deeds that are filed that anyone can compile a list of owners if they chose to.

Sounds like a timeshare marketing company is fishing.

:earsboy: Bill

I'm certain you are right, which is why I declined. I was just wondering if anyone here had the same invitation and decided to check it out.

Apparently, we did too. About a week ago, my teenage daughter told me that while I was out grocery shopping 'DVC called and asked if got my invitation to go to the DVC meeting at the Olive Garden'. She told them that she didn't know and that I'd call them back. I told her that it was a scam because there was no way that DVC was having meetings at the Olive Garden. And then she said, "Good, cause I didn't actually write down the call back number."

This morning I received a call from 813-502-4944 and was asked if I received the dinner invitation to discuss the 2016 changes to my "Disney membership resort". I told them I didn't and wouldn't expect to since the annual meeting is held in December on Disney property and asked them to explain themselves and what specifically are they talking about. The person said there were changes to RCI and II trades. I explained that DVC hasn't transferred to II in years and asked was the meeting sponsored by DVC? No, it was RCI and II partners. I declined the invitation but was wondering if anyone else had any insight.
It's a scam either to sell a timeshare, a travel club, or charge you a fee to get you out of it or rent it but they never do. Sometimes they'll take your "timeshare in trade" but they usually never change it from your name.

Apparently, we did too. About a week ago, my teenage daughter told me that while I was out grocery shopping 'DVC called and asked if got my invitation to go to the DVC meeting at the Olive Garden'. She told them that she didn't know and that I'd call them back. I told her that it was a scam because there was no way that DVC was having meetings at the Olive Garden. And then she said, "Good, cause I didn't actually write down the call back number."

There is something really funny about the prospect of a DVC member meeting at an Olive Garden. Like it just seems whoever was initiating the call would try A LITTLE harder.

Nothing unusual about discussing DVC issues over a classy dinner at Olive Garden.

When I bought DVC I started to get urgent phone calls from a Marriott timeshare salesman. I assume he got my name from the Orange County Controller's site.
Luckily I have nomorobo so I never had to speak to him.

I got a call a few weeks ago about a meeting at the local TGIF where they buy us dinner and talk about membership things and the increase in fees. Upon inquiry it was clearly not a DVC event and I'm pretty sure it was a scam.

I got a call a few weeks ago about a meeting at the local TGIF where they buy us dinner and talk about membership things and the increase in fees. Upon inquiry it was clearly not a DVC event and I'm pretty sure it was a scam.

It could be worse -- they could be wanting to meet you at Casey's Corner or Hollywood & Vine. At least you EXPECT processed mediocrity at Olive Garden and TGIF...

There is something really funny about the prospect of a DVC member meeting at an Olive Garden. Like it just seems whoever was initiating the call would try A LITTLE harder.

Nothing unusual about discussing DVC issues over a classy dinner at Olive Garden.

You've got it all wrong! Bob Iger is trying to sell you on a NEW DVC outside of the parks "Special Event" For only $149.00 you have the opportunity to watch the Fireworks on youtube while enjoying complimentary refills of salad and breadsticks. :jester::crazy:

We have received these phone calls over the last few days. Today they called 5 times!! The Dh lost it on them the final time. :duck:

When I bought DVC I started to get urgent phone calls from a Marriott timeshare salesman. I assume he got my name from the Orange County Controller's site.
Luckily I have nomorobo so I never had to speak to him.

I have nomorobo too! It’s the best!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter